December 30, 2009

107 NEVER TOO LATE


[Amber at s/c, no customers/Hithe passes by & she looks the other way. ]



HITHE: Hey!

KRISTYN: Hey… [continues to sort through flowers]

[ Hithe stands there for a moment. ]

HITHE: So, are we gonna talk?

KRISTYN: About?

[moves closer] HITHE: You know…

KRISTYN: No, but I really have to finish this



[ Hithe walks away puzzled as Mark passes by & gives him a look. ]



[ Ski suddenly enters the store & Mark waves to him. ]



DINA: Now what…did you see that?

MONICA: Yes [ looking at a magazine ]

DINA: So, how was Hithe's party?

MONICA: It was fun…

DINA: Yeah? I noticed that everyone is so quiet today…

MONICA: Yeah, long story

[looks around] DINA: We have time…

MONICA: Well, it's not really my business so…

DINA: That's fine dear.  I'll find out anyway.



[ Monica looks away disturbed...]



AMBER: Monica, come here.

Can you watch while I go to the bathroom?

MONICA: I would love to.



[ Amber hurries toward the back & bumps into Hithe. ]



AMBER: Sorry

HITHE: Are you OK?



[ She doesn't look & keeps walking as Hithe stares on.. ]



[ Amber goes in, stands at the sink & splashes water on her face/

Standing there catching her breath she hears someone

throwing up in the stall. ]



[Door opens & she coughs] KRISTYN: Oh, hi…

AMBER: Hey [moves out of her way]

Is everything alright?

KRISTYN: Yeah, I'm fine [washes hands & quickly exits]

AMBER: OK, later [she's already gone]



[ Amber walks back up front & takes over. ]



DINA: What a weird day! Everyone's running around

like a chicken with their head cut off…

MONICA: Yeah

DINA: You know if you're sick…

You really shouldn't come to work! [looks off at Amber]

MONICA: Yeah

DINA: Why would you wanna get everyone else sick?

MONICA: I don't know! [walks away]



[talking to Amber] MONICA: That women is driving me crazy! [keeps walking]



[daydreaming] AMBER: Huh?



[walks over to Kristyn] HITHE: Hey, are you alright?

You look a little flush

KRISTYN: Oh no, I'm good

HITHE: OK [leans in closer]

I realize this may not be the time or place,

But we really need to talk about…

KRISTYN: What did you say?

Sorry, I really have to get this done before I leave



[ Hithe sees a customer waiting at s/c/

Doesn't notice Mark was watching him. ]



[talking to Amber] HITHE: Hey, your customer needs help…

AMBER: I know! [walks off]



MARK: Hey, can I talk to you for a sec?

HITHE: Yeah, sure…

Where's Ski been?

MARK: I've had him helping out in the back

HITHE: Oh

MARK: Yeah, so what's going on?

HITHE: What do you mean?

MARK: I thought you were gonna complete those orders

I left on your desk

HITHE: Oh yeah, I'm sorry…It's just been real busy up here

MARK: Has it? Or have you been distracted by other things?

[looks over at Kristyn]

HITHE: Uh, what's your deal?

I will get it done by the end of the day…

MARK: Alright but make sure you do! Everyone looks so lost today

I'm just trying to get some order in the store…

HITHE: Well, people do have personal lives outside of work

Most people anyway…

MARK: Yeah, Ski will back up here soon... [walks away]



[ Monica coming back towards self checks.]



AMBER: Hey, have you seen Ski?

MONICA: Nope

AMBER: Wasn't he suppose to be here today?

MONICA: Yeah, I think so…

But Mark had him working overnight last night so…

AMBER: What?

MONICA: Yup, we'll I gotta get back to my lane



[walking by] DINA: Hey Amber!

AMBER: Hey

DINA: How are you feeling?

AMBER: I'm fine now…

It was just a little sore throat

DINA: That's good!

AMBER: Yeah [goes back to work]





[walks up to her] SKI: Well, that looked friendly…

AMBER: Hey!

I know, she has never talked to me before

SKI: Weird

AMBER: Yeah, everyone is acting so different today

SKI: Well, we know why some of it is…

AMBER: Right, we'll we have to talk!

SKI: OK, I'm gonna go say 'Hi' to Monica…

Be right back

AMBER: OK



HITHE: Hey, when Ski gets back…

Can you ask him to go get some carts?

AMBER: Um, you can ask him yourself… [turns back around]

HITHE: Fine



[ Goes to turn in the other direction & Mark is there. ]



MARK: I'll be leaving in about an hour

HITHE: OK?

MARK: Look, something is going on with you

But whatever it is just remember you still have a job to do

HITHE: You know what…

You always leave me with a ton of work! I'm the only manager here and

It just so happens that my two best friends are in love with me!

MARK: What?

HITHE: So yeah, everything is a mess right now and until I get it sorted out

I would appreciate it if you would get off my back!

[shocked] MARK: Oh

HITHE: Yeah and I have no idea why I'm telling 'you' this…

MARK: It's alright…uh, I'll talk to you later



[ Mark's still standing there/

Hithe drops his clipboard on a lane & heads towards the back. ]



[ Ski hears & immediately looks that way. ]



[walks up to Amber] AMBER: OK, let's talk…

SKI: What was that about?

AMBER: With Hithe?

SKI: Yeah

AMBER: I don't know

SKI: Well anyway…how was it?

AMBER: How was what?

[whispers to her] SKI: You know…

AMBER: It was great! But how did you…

SKI: Oh, I have my ways

AMBER: Oh, Hithe wanted you to get carts

SKI: And he wouldn't tell me?

AMBER: No, I told him too…but he walked the other way

SKI: Alright, I'll be back



[ Hithe's in the back about to pass bathroom/hears someone coughing. ]



[ Kristyn comes out & starts to walk by.]



HITHE: Hey, are you OK?

KRISTYN: I'm fine

HITHE: But I thought I heard you…

KRISTYN: I have to go home

I'll talk to you later

HITHE: OK, well if you need to talk…

You know where I am [shakes his head]





MARK: Hey Ski, how's it going?

SKI: OK

MARK: I just wanted to make sure you were alright…

Well, thanks for helping me earlier

SKI: Sure, no problem



[looks at him] AMBER: You talk to him now?

SKI: Yeah, he's really nice actually…

We talked and decided to be friends

AMBER: Oh, OK?

SKI: Yeah….

AMBER: So, why won't Hithe talk to you?

SKI: We kind of got into it when we left the party

AMBER: What about?

SKI: Let's just say…you're not the only one who made

a confession to him the other nite

AMBER: I didn't know you liked him!

SKI: Yeah, a lot actually… [looks down]

But anyways, at least one of us got what we wanted

AMBER: What do you mean?

SKI: Oh, I knocked on the door when you two were upstairs…

AMBER: Uh, I didn't go upstairs…

I was in the kitchen with Kyle

SKI: Who is Kyle?

AMBER: This nice guy I met…

I was with him all night when you two left

SKI: What? Then who was in the room with him…



[ Both turn around as Kristyn goes toward the exit/

& Hithe is watching her. ]



SKI: You don't think that?

AMBER: I didn't see her there…

SKI: This is all starting to make sense now…

Hithe said he really liked her and didn't mean for it to happen

I thought he was talking about you! Has he talked to you?

AMBER: No, not really…

SKI: Then it had to have been her…

AMBER: No, he couldn't have

SKI: Oh yeah, I'm pretty sure he did!



[ Dina suddenly comes past them shaking her head. ]



(          Edited 0516          )




No comments:

Post a Comment