December 30, 2009

109 HANG ME UP TO DRY


SKI: What the hell?


MARK: Remember what I said about getting attention?

SKI: Yes but.

MARK: Well, this is one way you'll definitely get it!



[ Ski stays silent while Mark stares at him. ]



MARK: I'll just put this down in your back seat

and let you make up your own mind



[ Starts walking away & then turns around. ]



MARK: See you at seven!

SKI: Wait, I didn't say. . .





[ Ski's in the mirror shirtless, wearing the tight black pants

& adjusting the green underwear when his cell rings. ]



SKI: Hey, I got your text...

AMBER: Yea, I got yours too

and you're going to wear what?

SKI: Actually I'm wearing it now

and yup you read correctly...

AMBER: Why would a thirty year old married

man want you to wear that?

SKI: Uh, he's getting divorced

and I'm not sure, but I'm doing it!

AMBER: OK? It's just a little weird

Don't you think?

SKI: It's just a thong...no big deal

Anyways, you feeling any better?

AMBER: No and I can't get a hold of Kyle...

I'm gonna go to the doctor soon

SKI: OK, let me know what they say

I'm gonna finish getting ready though...

The more I look at myself, the more it's

getting me excited to go

AMBER: Wow, I don't understand you

SKI: Let me put it like this...

I've been sitting around feeling heartbroken

and like Mark said the attention will help me feel

better about myself

AMBER: Like Mark said, huh?

and since when is he 'O wise counsel'

[ doesn't hear ] SKI: Well, I'm walking out the door...

Make sure you call later, bye!

AMBER: Bye





[ Ski knocks on Mark's front door. ]



MARK: I knew you'd show up

SKI: Oh, you did?



[ Ski removes his hoodie to reveal

his outfit and hands it to Mark. ]



SKI: What?

[ looking at him ] MARK: Oh nothing.

SKI: How do I look?

MARK: Exactely how I pictured you would

SKI: What do you mean?

MARK: Just that you look nice...

SKI: Are you sure these pants arn't too low?

I feel like my ass is hanging out

and the front almost shows

MARK: Oh no, I'm positive!

Follow me, the bars downstairs...



SKI: Wow, this is like a basement club

MARK: I know, right?

Anyways, I'll just move one of these chairs

so you can sit behind the bar

SKI: That's fine...

But how am I gonna do this when I don't

know what half this shit is?

MARK: Don't worry they'll show you

Just relax...

[ reaches out to rub his shoulders, but Ski turns around ]

SKI: OK, I'm ready

MARK: Great! Cuz everyone will be here in a little while





[ A few minutes later Mark & 3 other males are sitting

around watching TV & Ski's behind the bar. ]



MARK: This is my friend, Skilyr everyone...

Hey, will you bring us a beer?

SKI: Sure....just a second

MARK: You can have one too, if you want

SKI: I don't know...

Should I?

MARK: It's alright Ski, this isn't like work

There's no rules...you can do whatever you want

SKI: Well, here ya go...



[ Hands everyone a beer not noticing the stares

as he walks back. ]





FRIEND1: So Mark, when are you finally

gonna be free?

MARK: Well, it's gonna take a few more months...

But she's long gone

FRIEND1: That's good! I know your happy

MARK: Yeah, but let's not talk about that

Tonights all about moving on...

FRIEND2: That's right...to moving on!



[ F2 points at Ski & Mark doesn't say anything. ]



[ Ski opens a beer & starts drinking/

not paying attention. ]



F2: So how'd you find this one?

MARK: He's my friend...from work

F1: Your friend, huh?

MARK: Yup, a friend...why?

F1: Just wondering

F3: Well, you've got a cute friend!



[Ski comes over w-a tray of shots ]



SKI: Thanks! [ hands him one ]

F3: You're welcome and thank you for this...

Why don't you come sit down? 

MARK: Yeah, you don't have to stay back

there the whole time

SKI: OK sure [ smiles at F3 ]

I'll just be right back...





[ Ski comes out of the bathroom and

bumps into F3 ]



F3: Hey buddy...

Sorry about that, all that beers

making me really have to piss [ stands there ]

SKI: It's OK [looks at him ]

Well I'll just move out of your way then...



[ Ski goes back to the bar & starts getting more beer. ]



[ comes back ] F3: Hey Ski, thought you were gonna

come sit here

SKI: Uh, I didn't say...

MARK: Come on Ski, sit by all of us

SKI: Alright, in a minute



[ Brings out more shots & sits near F3

as everyone takes them. ]



F3: So, who do you want to win?

SKI: I wouldn't know the teams

F3: Oh, that's OK

We can talk about something else

Like, you for instance...

SKI: What about me?

F3: Did I mention how hot you're looking

right now?

SKI: Yeah, I think you said something l

F3: And you've got a nice body...

Did I say that? [ starts rubbing his arm ]

SKI: No...thanks

MARK: He's right.


[ Ski sits up, brushing off the comment. ]


[ Gets up ] SKI: Anyone want another beer?

I do.





[ Ski comes back & sits by Mark ]



SKI: Hey, you were right.

This is really working.

MARK: That's good...I'm glad you're having fun

SKI: I hope you are too though

Tonight's not just for me...it's for us

MARK: Us?

SKI: Yeah, me and you getting some new

excitement in our lives

MARK: Oh, I get it [ smiles at him ]

SKI: So, what do you think of him? [ points at F3 ]

MARK: I don't know him, but he sure likes you

SKI: I know, and he's attractive

for an older guy...

MARK: He's younger than me

SKI: You know what I mean...

MARK: Well, just be careful OK?

SKI: Yeah [ starts to get up ]



SKI: Wait....I don't know if I should [ looks away ]

MARK: What?



[ Ski leans down & brushes his lips quick across Mark's cheek ]



SKI: Just a friendly thing...

You know, to say thanks

F3: Hey, I want one of those too!



[ Ski gets up & leaves Mark sitting there staring... ]



F1: He should come over more often.

[ waves hand at him ] Hey Mark, did you hear me?

MARK: Uh...yeah I heard you



[ turns off TV ] SKI: Now that the boring shits over...

Anyone know how to dance?



[ No one says anything so Ski turns on the music

& starts dancing. ]



F1: Wow, this is much better than your last party!

MARK: I know

F2: Take it off!

F1: Let's see some action...


[ They tease & Ski seizes the moment. ]


SKI: So, you men want a show...

Is that it?



[ Ski starts with Mark going from guy to guy

& dances on them until he gets to F3. ]



[ on his lap ] SKI: Is it hot in here...

Or is it just me?

[ smirks ] F3: Why don't you take these off then?

[ pulls at his pants ]

SKI: Hold on... [ stands up ]



[ Ski comes back to F3 & feels money sliding in the

back of his underwear/looks around & suddenly stops. ]



SKI: I need some air... [ hurries upstairs ]



[ Marks gets up & goes after him.  ]





MARK: Hey, everyone's about to leave...

SKI: OK

What the hell was I just doing?

MARK: It's alright, you were just having fun

[ sits next to him ] And well so was I.

[ looks at him ] SKI: Yeah well, I'm not that kind of person

MARK: No one thinks bad about you...

Actualy I think you're really cool! [ smiles at him ]

and a terrific dancer

SKI: Thanks, well I'm gonna go [ starts to get up ]

MARK: Wait... [ Ski looks back ]

You don't have to go! You can stay here...

SKI: With you?

MARK: Yeah, here I'll even carry you inside...





[ Ski awakens the next morning in bed

wondering where he is/Mark appears in his shorts ]



MARK: Morning!

Here's your cell...it's Amber

SKI: OK thanks



SKI: Hey

AMBER: Hey, long night?

SKI: Oh yea!

I'm still wearing the thong to prove it

But anyways, what the doctor say?

AMBER: Well they ran a lot of test and they think....

SKI: What?

AMBER: It's probably an STD

SKI: Are you serious?

AMBER: Yes, that fucking guy

gave me something.

SKI: You had sex with Kyle?

AMBER: No, well not sex exactly

SKI: Wow, I'm sorry this happened

AMBER: I'm scared Ski and now I'll have to

go through this all alone

SKI: It's OK...I'll be there for you

AMBER: I'll call you back...thanks! [ hangs up ]



MARK: Hey Ski, I made you breakfast!



[ Amber drives up to Kyle's house & notices it's dark inside/

She then gets closer & sees a for sale sign in the front lawn ]



(                  Edited 0516                 )



No comments:

Post a Comment