December 31, 2009

203 ROCK IT



MONICA: Trailyn, get down off that counter!


My kitchen is not a playground…

and Kiilyn you know better than to play

with those [ snatches a pan from him ]



[ Her son & daughter start laughing at her. ]



MONICA: Ugh, you two! [ sighs ]

Am I the only sane one here?



[ She hears a knock on the door. ]



TRAILYN: Mommy, who's that?

MONICA: I don't know…

You two go play in your rooms [ she walks to the door ]



MONICA: Who is it???



[ No one answers. ]



MONICA: Look, I don't have time for games…

It's late [ starts to open the door & then quickly closes it. ]



'Monica…it's me!' [ holds it's open ]



MONICA: What the hell are you doing here?





[ Ski's outside in his car waiting for Weis. ]



[ Sees him & gets out. ]



'Who is that?' [ someone comes out of the house ]

WEIS: I already told you Mom, bye!



[ walks up ] WEIS: Hey babe

SKI: Hi, what was that about?

WEIS: Oh, my mom? Don't worry about it…

SKI: OK

[ Looks at Weis, but he just smiles & gets inside. ]



SKI: So, you ready for tonight?

WEIS: Yeah, I can't believe Mark wants us

to hire new people on our own

SKI: Oh, I can…

Who else was there to ask, Airynn and Joh?

WEIS: Yeah right.  I see you're point. . .

But I've never had this much

responsibility in a job before.

SKI: Me either

But just think about your interview and

all those questions they made you answer. . .

Now we can finally do it to other people

WEIS: That's kind of cruel [ laughs]

SKI: I know. [ smiles ]

But it shouldn't be that hard…

WEIS: We're seeing six people right…

SKI: Yeah

WEIS: But how do we choose only two?





[ Back at Monica's front steps. ]



MONICA: You are suppose to be in jail!

STRANGER: Well, I got out…

MONICA: For what? Don't tell me good behavior…

STRANGER: Baby girl, there's that fire I've

been missing from you...

MONICA: Please I'm not your baby



[ Trailyn peaks outside. ]



TRAILYN: Mommy, who is that?

MONICA: Get back inside…

I'll be there in a minute

STRANGER: Aw, is that my… [ catches Monica's look ]

MONICA: She's NOT yours…

She hasn't been yours for any of the

nine years of her life

STRANGER: I know, but I'm here now

& I've changed

MONICA: Oh, you have?

You don't think I saw you…stealing at TA!

Yeah, I was outside

STRANGER: But that's why I need you…

MONICA: Oh, you need me now?

You've never needed me or you kids…

Other things were always more important

STRANGER: That was years ago…

but now I wanna be a part of…

MONICA: Don't even say it!

Just because you got out doesn't faze me

STRANGER: Come on, Monica…

MONICA: No, you come on…

All you need from me is a place to stay

STRANGER: It's not even like that…

Can't you just give me a chance?

MONICA What am I suppose to tell the kids?

No, I can't take that chance…

I'm sorry, but you have to go. . .



[ He walks down the street & she goes inside. ]





[ Inside TA, Ski & Weis are setting up. ]



SKI: I guess, we'll just put the table here

and sit behind it

WEIS: OK, and then put a chair in front for

them to sit in

SKI: Yup, this should be easy

WEIS: I hope so [ looks over & sighs ]

Oh great!  Look who it is. . .



[ Airynn & Joh walk in. . . ]



AIRYNN: Hey, what's with the table and chairs?

WEIS: We're doing some interviews for Mark

JOH: What?

SKI: Yeah, he wants us to hire two new people. . .

One for frozen/dairy and one for stocking

AIRYNN: . . .and he asked you two?

SKI: Yeah…

Is there a problem with that?

AIRYNN: No, just seems kind of weird to me…

I mean, Weis is still kind of new and

who does interviews at night anyways?

WEIS: Yeah but is anything ever done normal

around here?

[ laughs ] JOH: Oh well, it's no big deal. . .

Have fun guys!  I guess.



[ Airynn stares at them, before walking off. ]



[ Inside the break room ]



[ throws his stuff down ] AIRYNN: What is this?

Screw your way to the top!

[ turns around ] JOH: What are you talking about?

AIRYNN: Open your eyes Johsef!

You know Ski and Weis are fucking. . .

and Mark is just as queer as they come

JOH: And?  Maybe Mark just figured

they would do a good job.

AIRYNN: Whatever dude.

They're taking over this entire store

JOH: OK, this isn't a sci-fi movie

AIRYNN: You know, damn well...I should've been

one of the ones out there

JOH: Wow, that's really pathetic Airynn

You can stay in here and sulk if you want

but I'm going to start work



[ He looks surprised as Joh shuffles past. ]





[ Back at  Monica's/ In her daughter's bedroom. ]



MONICA: OK, it's time for bed little girl

TRAILYN: But I'm not tired!

MONICA: Yes, you are

TRAILYN: How come I don't have

a daddy?

[ looks up ] MONICA: What?

You've never asked me that before

TRAILYN: I know

But all the other kids at school do

MONICA: Yeah…

TRAILYN: Am I ever gonna see him?

[ sighs ] MONICA: I don't know

TRAILYN: Oh, I hope I do

MONICA: Well, it's way past your bedtime…

Goodnight

TRAILYN: Goodnight



[ Monica kisses her & leaves. ]





[ At the store Ski & Weis are at the table. ]



SKI: Ready?

WEIS: Yeah, I'll go get the first one. . .



[ Weis comes back with someone. ]



NTRVW1: Hi

SKI: Hey, your Tony…right?

NTRVW1: Yeah

SKI: OK, I'm Skilyr and this is Weis. . .

We're just gonna ask you a few questions

NTRVW1: OK

SKI: So, tell me a little about yourself…

NTRVW1: Well, I'm in college right now…

[ Looks up at them ] Uh. . .

SKI: Have you ever done this kind of

work before?

NTRVW1: Nope

SKI: Alright now were gonna give you

some situations and have you respond to them…

NTRVW1: OK

WEIS: Describe a time when you had to go

above and beyond to complete a task at work. . .



[ Weis looks up & he isn't responding. ]





[ In the car Monica's driving around town/

Then she sees him sitting outside & pulls over. ]



STRANGER: I see you found me, where's the kids?

MONICA: Yeah, I left them home with our sitter

Is this really where you stay at night?

STRANGER: Sometimes, but I don't have a choice…

None of my family will let me in

MONICA: And why do you think that is?

STRANGER: I know, Monica! OK…



MONICA: Trailyn asked about you…

STRANGER: She did. . .

and what did you say?

MONICA: I told her that

I don't know

STRANGER: Oh I see

MONICA: Look, If I give you a chance

You can't be doing any of the shit you use to

STRANGER: I wont

MONICA: I mean it!

No drugs, no fighting. . .nothing

I can't have that around my kids

STRANGER: I won't do anything…

I promise!



[ Monica starts walking back to her car. ]



STRANGER: Where you going?

[ looks back ] MONICA: Come on.





[ Ski & Weis are talking after first interview. ]



SKI: Well, he definitely wont be one of the two

WEIS: I know, he couldn't even answer the

questions…

I feel kind of bad though

SKI: Yeah, well anyways…NEXT!



[ As the next guy comes in/ Weis just stares, then

looks over at Ski. ]



[ whispers ] SKI: Don't even think about it!



[ clears his throat] WEIS: Your Markis, right?

NTRVW2: Yeah, that's me

WEIS: We're just gonna ask you a few questions,

OK?

NTRVW2: Yeah, that's cool…



[ Airynn & Joh are stocking shelves. ]



AIRYNN: What's your problem today?

JOH: Nothing

AIRYNN: Yeah, well I found out you lied to me

JOH: About what?

AIRYNN: Everything you told me about

hooking up with that girl…

She told me you wouldn't even touch her!

JOH: So what? Not everyone is like you…

AIRYNN: What's that suppose to mean?

JOH: I mean, it's not all about hooking up to me!

AIRYNN: Yeah right!

You lied about that and now your defending

Ski and Weis....

Don't tell me you're like them now!

[ rolls his eyes ] JOH: Yeah, that's it. . .

Why don't you grow up? 



[ He walks away. ]





[ Morning at Monica's apartment. ]



MONICA: OK you two. . .

Someone is gonna be staying with us for a little while

TRAILYN: Who is he?

MONICA: Don't worry about it. . .

He'll be sleeping on the couch, but you'll still

have the babysitter when I'm at work

KIILYN: OK mommy

TRAILYN: Is he your friend?

MONICA: Well, [ looks away ]

Yeah, something like that. . .





[ At store, Ski & Weis are done with interviews. ]



SKI: So, we pretty much know who

were gonna hire right. . .Larrie

WEIS: And Markis

SKI: Why don't we just tell them right now?

WEIS: OK, I'll be back.



[ Weis comes back with them ]



SKI: OK, so you two are hired. . .

You'll start in a couple of days

WEIS: Here's your schedules. . .

SKI: Larrie, you'll be working with me and Weis.

And Markis with Airynn and Joh



[ No one says anything. ]



WEIS: Well, welcome to our store!



[ Everyone looks at him & then starts laughing. ]



WEIS: What? I didn't know what to say. . .





[ Joh is sitting outside & Airynn comes up to him. ]



AIRYNN: There you are. . .you have got to see this!

JOH: Whatever it is, I don't care

AIRYNN: Just look…

JOH: OK?   It's our school yearbook. . .

What, you need help picking out your

next conquest?

AIRYNN: No, look who it is right there [ points on the page ]

JOH: So?  You knew he went to our school

last year for a semester

AIRYNN: But look at what class he's in?

JOH: Wait, this is freshman. . .

I thought he was our age.

AIRYNN: Exactly… [ stands up ]

And that's what everyone else thinks too



. . .Just wait until they find out the

truth! [ Smirks at Joh. ]



(               Edited 0516                )



No comments:

Post a Comment