December 31, 2009

207 STOP+STARE


[ Joh & his dad are walking down the street,


wearing suits & walk up to a house. ]



JOHsDAD: Want to take the next one?

JOH: Sure Dad



[ Pulls a magazine out of his bag,

knocks on the door & waits. . . ]



[ the door opens ] JOH: Morning, my name is Johsef

and we’re in the neighborhood today sharing

an important message [ looks up ]



‘Joh?’

[ surprised ] JOH: Marisa

MARISA: Hey…what are you doing?



[ Joh stays silent & Airynn comes around her

wrapped up in a blanket. ]



AIRYNN: Yeah, what’s with the suit?

JOH: Airynn?

AIRYNN: Oh, I get it now [ laughs ]

You can’t be serious. . .



[ comes up ] JOHsDAD: Hi, I’m Joh’s Dad

Are your parents home?

MARISA: No, but I don’t think they’re

. . .interested

JOHsDAD: That’s OK

Well, just try back another time



[ He starts walking & Joh follows still silent. ]



[ calling out ] AIRYNN: Bye Jehovah!



JOHsDAD: I can’t believe parents leave their kids

without any supervision like that…just to do anything

It’s a good thing you weren’t raised like that…


JOH: Yeah… [ sighs ]





[ In Hithe’s bedroom, he wakes up & stretches. ]



HITHE: Man, how many did I have last night?



[ rolls over & sees he’s alone ]



[ sits up ] Uh, Ski?





[ At Amber’s she comes in her room & sees

Jeszyca’s lying there awake. ]



JESZYCA: Hey, about last night . .

AMBER: It’s OK…you don’t have to explain

JESZYCA: I don’t?

AMBER: No, I’m actually glad your here

JESZYCA: And what about?

AMBER: Don’t worry about it…

I mean, it’s not a big deal

JESZYCA: OK [ sits up ]

AMBER: We we’re just having fun right

JESZYCA: Yeah [ smiles ]

AMBER: Well, I’m leaving for work

Just lock the door on your way out



[ Amber leaves and Jeszyca lays back with a pillow

in her face. ]





[ Monica’s ex is outside her apartment with her

little girl. ]



[ comes outside ] MONICA: What are you doing?

MONICAsEX: We were just talking. . .

MONICA: About what?

TRAILYN: Mommy, he was telling me about the

planes he flew

MONICA: You’ve never even been on a plane

[ laughs ] MONICAsEX: How do you know?

MONICA: Go inside, the babysitter will be here soon

TRAILYN: OK [ leaves ]



[ stands up ] MONICAsEX: Why don’t you just let me

watch them?

MONICA: Yeah right

MONICAzEX: Well, they are my kids

MONICA: Technically but

[ looks at him ] I don’t know

MONICAzEX: Come on, you can’t tell by now

I’m different…and they happen to like me

MONICA: They don’t know you

MONICAsEX: Your not giving them a real chance to

[ sighs ] MONICA: Fine, I guess. . .

But I have to leave for work

[ looks back ] Don’t make me regret this!

MONICAsEX: Just trust me [ smiles at her ]





[ Joh’s in his room, laying on his bed

& his Dad comes in. ]



JOHsDAD: Hey, you all studied for the meeting

tomorrow?

[ sits up ] JOH: Dad, I’m not a little kid!

[ raises his voice ] You don’t have to ask me that. . .

JOHsDAD: Don’t get an attitude with me!

Just because you’re in college now…doesn’t mean

You can talk to me any kind of way, young man

You’re still living in my house!

[ under his breath ] JOH: Yeah, unfortunately



[ doesn’t hear ] JOHsDAD: Do you want to end up like

those kids we saw today?

JOH: What are you talking about?

JOHsDAD: I made be older, but I’m not too out of touch

to know what was going on there

JOH: Out of touch? That guy we saw…that’s Airynn

I’ve known him since 2nd grade!

But you wouldn’t know anything about that Dad because

I’ve never been aloud to see my friends after school

JOHsDAD: And there’s a reason for that. . .

You do have friends though.

JOH: Yeah, people I’m forced to see just

because they're my age and we go to meetings together

But I have nothing in common with them.

JOHsDAD: But you do, you have God in common

and  that’s the most important thing. . .

Unless you don’t believe that anymore

JOH: I do, it’s just. . .[ sighs ]

You don’t get it, Dad!

JOHsDAD: Maybe not, but me and your mom are only

like this with you because it’s for you own good

and someday when you grow up a little more

You’ll really appreciate it!



[ His Dad looks at him, then walks out the room. . .

Joh grabs his pillow & throws it at the door. ]





[ At The Aisles…the store is really busy. ]



KRISTYN: Man, there’s a lot of people coming

through today!

MONICA: Yeah, I know. . .

But you’re doing well for being almost

six months due

[ sighs ] KRISTYN: I’m trying. . .

Haven’t seen much of Hithe though

MONICA: I don’t know

I heard he called in, long night maybe?

KRISTYN: Uh, I guess. . .

He’s seems to have a lot of those lately

MONICA: Oh, what do you mean? [ turns around ]

KRISTYN: I don’t think he’s taking the whole

adoption thing very well



[ comes up ] AMBER: Hey, who is that?



[ All 3 look over and see someone walking over

in their direction. ]



‘Hey ladies’



AMBER: Uh, hi. . .

[ comes over ] MONICA: Hey



‘My name is Acer, I’m transferring from the downtown

store’ [ smiles ]



KRISTYN: Nice to meet you, Ace!

ACE: You too,

[ starts walking ] Is anyone on this lane?



[ Amber & Monica just stare, saying nothing. ]



KRISTYN: Nope, it’s all yours

ACE: Alright cool.





[ Joh’s in his room, looking out the window/

Then goes downstairs, grabs the phone & walks outside. ]



[ comes up behind ] JOHsDAD: Hey, I have to make a call. . .

JOH: Here! [ hands it to him ]



[ Sitting down on the pavement, he sees a car

drive by.  Notices Airynn & Marissa inside /

Running back inside, he shuts his bedroom door

behind him slumping down onto the floor. ]





[ Outside Monica’s apartment. . . ]



MONICAsEX: Hey, you two go play inside! [ the kids leave ]



[ A car pulls up to the street & two guys get out. ]



MONICAsEX: I told you, I can’t do this anymore

Not here anyway,



[ Suddenly Monica’s car pulls up & she gets out. ]



MONICA: What’s this?

MONICAsEX: I was just telling them to leave. . .

MONICA: Why were they here at all?

I told you, I can’t have that around my kids

MONICAsEX: I know, and honestly I don’t know

how they found out I’m here

MONICA: I knew this was too good to be true

MONICAsEX: Monica, come on!

MONICA: No, you need to find you own way now

you’ve been hanging around here for too long

MONICAsEX: What’s that suppose to mean?

MONICA: It means, you need to leave

MONICAsEX: And go where?

MONICA: You’ll have to figure that out

Try and make things right with your family.

I don’t know, but I can’t do this.

MONICAsEX: Fine, but it’s not me. . .

It’s you! I tried, this time you’re the one

pushing me away!


Same stubborn bitch.



[ Starts walking down the street. ]



[ comes outside ] TRAILYN: Where’d your friend go?

[ turns around ] MONICA: He’s not my friend. . .


That was your Dad



(               Edited 0616                )



No comments:

Post a Comment