December 31, 2009

208 ALL OVER YOU


[ Early morning & still dark out, Mark approaches

The Aisles and sees someone leaning up against the

building. ]



STRANGER: You Mark?

MARK: Yeah, that’s me

Let’s go inside. . . [ they walk in ]



STRANGER: Well, I have to say. . . [ looks at Mark ]

This is the strangest interview I’ve ever been on

[ laughs ] MARK: I know, not the usual setting. . .

But that’s pretty much the nature of things here

We’re far from ‘by the book’

[ smiles ] STRANGER: That’s good, me either

MARK: Well then, you’ll fit in perfectly

. . .So, you’re new in town?

STRANGER: Um, kind of. . .

Just got back, had to leave for awhile

and now I’m out a job

MARK: I see,

so you’re desparate to start working again

But what brings you here?

[ looks down ] STRANGER: I enjoy being around

people and this seems like a good fit for that

MARK: OK. . .

Well, we’re pretty much full up here

We do have a spot open in our deli though

[ looks excited ] STRANGER: That’s fine!

When do I start?

MARK: Well, you can come back around 12

and I’ll let them know, OK?

STRANGER: Alright, thanks! I’ll be here. [ he exits ]

MARK: Yup, see you soon…Kyle



[ Mark heads to the back & sees Weis walking up

 with Ski a little ways behind him. ]



MARK: Hi Weis!



[ He keeps walking towards the door. ]



MARK: Bye Weis

[ comes up ] SKI: Yeah, he wont talk. . .

Especially not to me

MARK: Well, that’s alright. . .

How are you doing anyways?

SKI: I’m OK

MARK: You never call or come by any more

SKI: I know, just haven’t felt like

doing much lately

MARK: Well, I’m here for you…if you need me

SKI: Thanks, I gotta go though… [ starts to leave ]

MARK: Ski!

[ turns around ] SKI: Yeah?

MARK: Call me, OK?



[ Ski looks at him, nods & keeps walking. ]





[ At home, Weis walks in slowly shutting the door. ]



‘How’d you get home?’



WEIS: Mom! You scared me. . .

Uh, a friend dropped me off

WEIS’MOM: Not that same guy?

WEIS: No! Why?

WEIS’MOM: Just wondering. . .

WEIS: Well, I’m pretty tired

I’m gonna go lay down, see you after work





[ He quickly leaves, goes in his room & shuts the door/

Stripping down to his underwear he crawls into bed

& pulls out his cell. . . ]



‘It’s me Ski, I’m not available right now

So leave me a message. . .BEEP!’



[ Weis sighs, tosses the phone & lays down in bed/

Closing his eyes, he relaxes while his hand starts

moving rapidly underneath the sheets. ]





[ At the store, Hithe’s walking  up to self checkout. ]



HITHE: Amber, wanna take you lunch?

[ looks up ] AMBER: Sure, why not. . .

So, where’s Kristyn today?

HITHE: She’s not feeling good



[ leans in close & she suddenly turns around ]



AMBER: What?

HITHE: Did you go home with that girl

the other night?

AMBER: No, actually. . . [ smiles ]

She went home with me

[ smirks ] HITHE: So, what happened then?

AMBER: Oh, nothing

HITHE: What? You went all girls gone wild

and that’s all you’re giving me

AMBER: Yup, see ya!



[ Amber passes him, looks back & then keeps walking. ]



[ calls out ] HITHE: Come on!





[ Weis is laying in his bed, relaxed smoking

a cigarette & his cell rings. ]



WEIS: Hey

SKI: Hi. . . [ stays silent for moment]

How are you?

WEIS: Alright, you?

SKI: Same

WEIS: How come you don’t call me?

SKI: I don’t know. . .I guess

I haven’t figure out what to say yet

WEIS: Yeah

I guess, I haven’t really either

SKI: It’s really hard to see you

and not be able to talk

WEIS: I know. . .

We should hang out before work tonight

SKI: Uh, I don’t think that’s such a

good idea Weis

WEIS: I really miss you, Ski

[ raises his voice a little ] I need you

[ caught off guard ]SKI: What do you mean?

WEIS: You’re my first love. . .

and I know you still love me

SKI: Yeah, but you’re young and first loves

don’t usually work out anyway. . .

WEIS: Come on, Ski!

Just one more time and if you can honestly walk away

from us after that. . .then I’ll leave you alone

SKI: I can’t do that Weis, I’m sorry. . .

I gotta go now, but I’ll see you at work [ hangs up ]





[ At the Deli, Amber’s looking down deciding

what to choose. ]



AMBER: Can I get some of the broccoli and cheese

soup please?



‘ Sure, anything else?’



[ Amber looks up  immediately, recognizing the voice. . . ]



AMBER: KYLE?!?





[ Outside the store, Amber’s leaning up against the

building. . .shaking & smoking a cigarette when Kyle

comes up. ]



KYLE: I brought your soup

AMBER: You have some fucking nerve

showing up here!

KYLE: I’m sorry I left you like that,

But you don’t know what happened

AMBER: Where the hell have you been?

KYLE: I had to leave town,

It was a family emergency

AMBER: And you couldn’t of called?

Not to mention, the fine present you gave me

KYLE: I’m sorry I didn’t know I had anything

Honestly, I feel really bad about that

AMBER: Yeah, so did I. . .

You’re unbelievable! [ she turns to go ]



KYLE: Amber, wait! Let me explain. . .



[ She grabs the soup out of his hand,

takes off the top & throws it at him

before walking back inside.]





[ Sitting alone, Weis is laying on a bench

in the park when someone walks up to him. ]



SKI: Déjà vu, rite?

[ sits up ] WEIS: What are you doing here?

SKI: I. . .uh,. . .

I came to talk to you

WEIS: What?

SKI: I just want us to be OK

with each other, you know?

[ stands up facing him ] WEIS: I know

SKI: I mean, we can at least be friends

. . .Right?

WEIS: Right. . .friends



[ Weis looks right at Ski, staring into his eyes

& Ski looks back at him/ For a moment they

just stand there until Weis quickly kisses Ski. ]



[ Ski turns away. ]



WEIS: Ski, I know you want this too [ turns him around ]

It’s just us, no one else. . .don’t fight it



[ Weis lays on the bench pulling Ski down

on top of him as they kiss. ]





[ At the store, Kyle enters the break room. ]



AMBER: OK, stop following me!

KYLE: My mom died, Amber. . .

AMBER: WHAT?

KYLE: Yeah, I had to leave

and I’m my parents only child

[ she looks away ] AMBER: I’m so sorry

KYLE: Yeah, it was sudden. . .And I know

I could of gone about it differently

But it was really hard for me, we we’re close

AMBER: I don’t know what to say

KYLE: It’s OK

But I thought about you the whole time. . .

Once I found out about the STD

I figured you wouldn’t talk to me though



[ Amber’s silent & looking down. ]



KYLE: Well, I’ll leave you alone

But I figured, I at least owe you an explanation



[ He turns to go, & Amber looks up as he leaves. ]





[ Weis’ is smoking, & Ski’s getting dressed. ]



WEIS: Aren’t you gonna say anything?



[ looks worried ] SKI: I can’t see you any more

WEIS: What? What’s wrong?

SKI: This. . .us, it’s just not right



[ Ski looks at him, gets up & hurries out of the park. ]



[ calls out ] WEIS: Wait, Ski!





[ Walking up to a house, someone knocks. ]



MARK: Ski?

SKI: Hey, hope I didn’t wake you. . . [ looks down ]

MARK: Nope, I just put the kids to bed

What’s up?

SKI: I did something bad and I need to talk

Can I come in?



(               Edited 0616               )




No comments:

Post a Comment