April 12, 2010

305 Black Heart Inertia



[ Late afternoon, Kyle and
Ace are on checkouts
talking. . . ]

‘Careful staring at a
chick that long your
eyes might get stuck’

KYLE: Shutup man,
I wasn’t staring
ACE: It’s cool, not
like I don’t understand
what you’re going
through
KYLE: Oh yeah?
That must mean
your mystery girl
hasn’t returned yet
ACE: Not a sign
KYLE: That’s too bad

Hey, how do you
know I was looking
at her anyways?

ACE: Well, I’m sure
It’s not Kristyn, she’s
clearly taken
And then there’s
[ faces him ] Monica?

KYLE: What. . .Is she
not the type you
think I’d go for?
ACE: No, I mean
she’s pretty settled
. . .And you?
KYLE: I’m in transition


[ Meanwhile Monica’s
coming back from
break. . . ]

KRISTYN: Did you think
any more about
the other night?
MONICA: No, why
would I?
KRISTYN: Because
Kyle was obviously
flirting with you
MONICA: Flirting?
Come on, this isn’t
high school
And Kyle? Girl, I
don’t know

[ She stops for a
second and Amber
walks by. . . ]

KRISTYN: Well, just
make sure you
let him down easy

[ Amber watches as
Monica gets her lane
back from Kyle. . . ]

KYLE: Hey, this might
seem random. . .
But, what are you
doing tonight?
MONICA: Me and Kristyn
are taking our kids
to see a movie
KYLE: Oh, have fun
MONICA: I’m sorry

[ Kyle starts walking away
and Amber turns around
before he passes her. . . ]

‘Hiding from someone?’

AMBER: No, it’s just. . .
Nevermind, how
are you doing?
HITHE: Fine, I guess
Kristyn. . .she’s busy
chasing her youth with
Monica
AMBER: Yeah, that’s
not the only thing
she’s chasing. . .
HITHE: What?

AMBER: Nothing
HITHE: Ok, well later


[ Kyle and Ace are
walking out of the
store. . . ]

ACE: So she turned
you down. . .
What now?
KYLE: I don’t know
But I will get her
This isn’t over yet


[ Kyle’s at home flipping
through channels and
sees a picture of him
and Amber sitting on
the table. . . ]

[ Sighing, he picks up
his phone and dials
a number. . . ]

‘Hi, can you tell me
if any kids movies
are playing now?’

KYLE: Is that the
only one. . .
Ok, and it’s starts
in thirty minutes
thanks

[ He hangs up, grabs
his jacket and leaves ]


[ Monica’s sitting in
the theatre and her
phone goes off. . . ]

[ TEXT ] KYLE: Hey,
looks like you’re
having fun
[ TEXT ] MONICA: Where
are you?
[ TEXT ] KYLE: Right
behind you

[ She turns around and
he’s in the back waving
at her. . . ]

MONICA: You’re never
going to give this up,
are you?
KYLE: Nope, I’m not
MONICA: Well. . .we are
already sitting here
KYLE: Yeah, that's true

[ He leans in like
he’s going to kiss
her. . . ]

MONICA: My um,
kids. . .their only
a few rows down
KYLE: Your kids are
fine. . .but what is
it you wanna do?

[ She thinks for a
second and then
takes his hand and
they quietly leave
the theatre. . . ]

KYLE: Where to?
MONICA: In here’s
fine
KYLE: The girls
bathroom?

[ Kyle gets dragged in
as the door shuts ]


[ A little while later,
the lights come on
in the theatre. . . ]

KRISTYN: See, I knew
you would like
that movie [ looks around ]

Now, I wonder where
your mom went


[ Outside in the hallway
Kyle comes out of the
bathroom wiping off his
lips. . . ]

[ He leaves, and Kristyn
walks out into the hall ]

‘Oh, there you are’

[ walks up ] MONICA: Yeah,
Did you all like
the movie?

[ They nod, and Kristyn
just looks at her. . . ]

KRISTYN: Especially
the ending. . .what
a surprise right?
MONICA: Uh, yeah
Didn’t see that one
coming at all. . .


[ Kyle’s driving home
on the phone. . . ]

‘So, you think that
did it man?’

KYLE: Yes my friend
I’m pretty much
going to call it. . .

Mission accomplished



1 comment:

  1. Hmmm Interseting... I think it's because I haven't read in a few months... but to me it seems like this Monica n Airyn thing is just coming out of left field... but still nice played out... on a constructive note... Airyn could have had a better line then the cozy dark theatre line... that was a bit cheezy other then that... ur creative skills r still raising above other works... good job

    ReplyDelete