September 5, 2010

314 Hey Soul Sister


[ Monica opens the
front door and drops
her bag on the floor ]

‘Hey, thanks for
staying late today’

BABYSITTER: Don’t
worry about it. . .
they were fine

[ Monica hands her
cash, she takes it
then leaves. . . ]

‘Where are you
two?
I got us pizza for
dinner’

[ Her son walks in
the room ]

KIILYN: Really mom

. . .Again?


[ Meanwhile, Joh’s
home for break ]

JOHsMOM: Everyone
was happy to see
you back at the
meeting today. . .
You sure you dont
want to go eat
with us?
JOH: No mom, I’m
just gonna stay
around here. . .
I’ll order in

JOHsMOM: Ok, we’ll
be back late

[ His Dad gives him
a look as he walks
out the door. . . ]

[ Finally alone, Joh
goes in his room &
gets on his laptop/
Logging onto his
‘EXtube’ account
he sees a reply
has been posted
to his video ]

‘Hey man, nice
run. . .very dar-
ing. Good job!’

[ He shuts his
laptop & starts
dialing his cell ]

JOH: Hey Stuu
it’s me. . .Joh
STUU: Uh, hello
I’m surprised
you called me
JOH: Yeah, I’m
at my parent’s
and I really don’t
wanna be here
Are you busy?
STUU: Me. . .
Yeah right!
I’m alone. . .you
could come over
if you want

JOH: Alright cool
See ya in a bit

[ Back at Monica’s
she laying on the
couch when she’s
suddenly startled
by the phone ]

[ sighs ] ‘So much for
rest and relaxation’

KRISTYN: Hey!
MONICA: How did I
know it was you. . .
So, what happened
to your date
tonight?
KRISTYN: Hithe’s busy
But I was hoping
to turn it into a
girl’s night, maybe?
MONICA: Yeah, you
would
Given recent events
I think I’m better off
staying home though
KRISTYN: Come on,
Amber’s single now
and she said she’ll
go with us
MONICA: Amber?
Yeah, that would
be just a little
awkward
But you two have
fun!

[ She gets off the
phone & as soon
as she lays down
there’s a knock on
the door. . . ]

[ sighs ] ‘I’m gonna
pull my freaking
hair out!’


[ At Stuu’s, Joh is
sitting on his bed
& Stuu’s at his desk
not saying anything ]

JOH: You alright,
dude?
STUU: Yeah, um
Is it hot in here
to you? I’m burn-
ing up!

[ He turns on a
fan. . . ]

JOH: No, I’m fine

Look. . .about what
happened during
pledge week
Don’t worry about
it. . .I mean, I was
freaked out at first
but we were both
really out of it

STUU: Yeah, I’m
sorry

JOH: It’s old news
So, what’s all this
stuff?
STUU: Just like experi-
ments and science
shit I’ve been doing
since I was little
. . .Kinda lame
JOH: What’s in the
tube? Like airplane
glue or something

[ He laughs ]

STUU: Uh, yeah
That’s exactly
what it is

[ He quickly shoves
it into his desk
drawer. . . ]


[ Monica opens the
door and stands
there in surprise ]

KYLE: Hey, before
you slam the door
on me
I didn’t get a chance
to apologize to you

I’m sorry
MONICA: You came
all the way here
just to say that?
KYLE: Well, no I’ve
been doing some
thinking and. . .
MONICA: Oh yeah?
Funny how you
couldn’t think
before you acted
the last time
KYLE: I know, but
listen. . .I really
do like you Monica
And the little time
we did have I know
we both enjoyed it

So, I was thinking
maybe we could
start again, for real
this time

[ He looks at her
and waits. . . ]

MONICA: I can’t
be with someone
I don’t trust

You led me on,
strung me along
for months!
Goodbye Kyle

[ She shuts the
door ]


[ The next morning,
Hithe shows up to
a dark office build-
ing & a tall man leads
him into a back room ]

‘Thanks for meeting
with me. . .After the
whole thing with
Kristyn
I figured you’d rather
fight me then fight
a case for me’

JARED MEYHR: No pro-
blem! That’s what
I’m highly paid for
And anyways, I’m not
as naïve as my ex-
wife seems to think

I knew she was
pregnant
HITHE: Oh. . .um
So, you are thinking
there’s something
up with the hospital
right?
JARED MEYHR: Yes,
it’s strange they tried
to butter you up with
a ceremony for your
dead son after not
speaking with you
for eight months. . .

They are definitely
hiding something
And I will do what-
ever it takes to find
out the truth

HITHE: Thanks

[ He stands up &
shakes his hand ]

JARED MEYHR: Sure,
just one more thing

I would appreciate it
If Kristyn never knew
about this


[ Joh wakes up passed
out on the couch at
Stuu’s. . . ]

‘Crap! What time
is it?’

STUU: Almost noon
JOH: My parent’s are
gonna freak!
I have to leave,
but call me later
. . .ok dude?
STUU: Yeah sure

[ He leaves & Stuu
rolls back over ]


[ Late that night, a
little before the over-
night shift starts. . .
Markis is outside &
looks around before
walking to his car ]

‘Hey.’

MARKIS: Hi, I haven’t
seen you here before
MONICA: Yeah, I’m
a day cashier. . .
Jeszyca’s not feeling
well so I’m working
her shift tonight
MARKIS: Oh, alright

Ski was just sneaking
me my last check
MONICA: You were
fired?
MARKIS: Yup, not by
him though. . .
Long story
Anyways, I have to
get out of here
before I’m seen
by someone else

Maybe I’ll see you
around

MONICA: Sure

[ She smiles & he
drives off, leaving
her standing in
the parking lot ]

No comments:

Post a Comment