June 10, 2011

317 Muddy Swim Trunks


SCENE 1

SKI: Let me guess,
you didn’t go to
Billy’s the other
day?
CHAISON: Nope,
I rode around
on my bike

Dad is getting
on my nerves!

SKI: I know.
Give him a break
though. . .He’s
under a lot of
pressure at work
right now

CHAISON: Yeah
I know, but still.

I’m sick of him
treating me like
a little kid.

SKI: Do you miss
your Mom. . .
I mean, at all?
CHAISON: No I don’t.
And since she’s gone
we don’t need to
pretend anymore.
SKI: What do you
mean bud?
CHAISON: Dad
didn’t tell you?

Deborah isn’t
my real mom.

SCENE 2

THAT_JA_DUDE: Figured since you
left me a comment.
It would be cool to mail you.
MCMANIA: No big deal, man.
I know it’s hard to find
someone who admits
to shit like this.
THAT_JA_DUDE: True
or doesn’t twist it
into being sexual.
MCMANIA: Yeah,
I have a girlfriend.
THAT_JA_DUDE: I like
this girl too.

MCMANIA: Indoors, your
driveway. . .
You’re a lot more
adventurous then
I am.
THAT_JA_DUDE: It’s
just a comfort thing
to me.

MCMANIA: Got ya!
My conservative
girlfriend, thinks
I’m nuts
THAT_JA_DUDE: Yeah,
that’s exactly why
I haven’t mentioned
it to my friends

MCMANIA: So, we’ve been
talking for a few
weeks now.
You wanna meet up
later and chill?

SCENE 3

CHAISON: Two years
before Dad married
Deb, he was with
my mom.
SKI: I thought
they just married
after you.

CHAISON: No,
my mom hid her
pregnancy from
Dad.
When he found
out, he sued her
and won me back.
He would never
let me see her.

SKI: I’m sorry,
I guess he had
a reason.
CHAISON: Yeah,
but then she died
in a car accident.

A drunk driver.

SKI: Oh my god.
That is terrible.
CHAISON: I can’t
even remember
her now.

SCENE 4

THAT_JA_DUDE: I’m
on my way. Just
wanted to talk
before I get there.
MCMANIA: Got it.
Like I said, my place
is right by the dorms.
THAT_JA_DUDE: All
the colleges in this
city and we go to
the same one.
MCMANIA: Yup.
THAT_JA_DUDE: I
might have seen
you on campus
MCMANIA: Maybe
not though, I’m
hardly there

[ Joh’s cell beeps
and he reads it ]

‘New Voicemail
Stuu’

MCMANIA: Was that
me or you?
THAT_JA_DUDE: That
was me, sorry.

[ He gets out of his
truck and starts to
walk. . . ]


[ A door opens and
Joh stands there
in surprise. . . ]

SCENE 5

[ Ski finds Chaison
soaking in the
hot tub ]

SKI: You okay
Chase?
CHAISON: Yeah.
Where’s Mark?

SKI: He had a late
meeting with the
Boss, but he should
be getting back
any time.

CHAISON: I’ll be
In my room.

SCENE 6

‘Told ya we probably
met before.’

MAC: You did say that.

[ Mac opens the door
just enough for Joh
to slide past. . . ]

MAC: Sorry man,
Didn’t wanna show
my neighbors.

JOH: It’s cool.
So, where can
I. . .
MAC: Disrobe?
Down the steps,
and to the right.
Can’t miss it.

[ Joh steps out of
the bathroom
and goes to
sit on the couch ]

JOH: So, you didn’t
make it though
pledge week?
MAC: No frats
worth losing my
girl over.
JOH: That’s true.

[ It’s silent, and
there’s footsteps
on the stairs ]

STUU: Joh?
MAC: Hey Stuu.

STUU: What are you
doing like this
with my brother?

SCENE 7

[ The doorbell rings ]

‘Thanks, I couldn’t
get to it’

[ Mark walks in with
his hands full. . . ]

MARK: I brought
some food.
Gonna eat before
you leave?

SKI: Yeah, sure.

[ Mark looks down
at the counter ]

MARK: I see you
signed the papers.
SKI: I gave it a lot
of thought and

I want to do this.

SCENE 8

WEIS: Well, thanks
for the ride.
LANDYN: No pro-
blem buddy.

[ He grabs Weis’ hand
and he looks away ]

WEIS: Just because
I let you drive me,
doesn’t mean I’m
not still mad.
LANDYN: I’m sorry
I got so carried
away last time.
I haven’t. . .
‘partied’ since.

WEIS: Yeah, okay.

I'll see ya.

[ He opens the dash
to get his cigarettes
out and a plastic bag
falls on the ground ]

No comments:

Post a Comment