February 12, 2014

Reflection Towers

SCENE 1:

[ A small car pulls into
TA parking lot.  Soon after
Billy & Chais walk out. ]

BILLY: If Mark knew you
we’re driving alone on your
permit.  He’d kick your ass. 

CHAIS: Who cares.  We
just went around the
block.  Jenni lets me drive
all the time. 
BILLY: Anyway, when is
she off?
CHAIS: Nine I think.

BILLY: Well, see ya. I should
be out by then.

[ Chais enters TA while
Billy goes into the Salon. ]

“Hey, is Sascha in?”

JESZYCA: Yeah. She’s just
finishing up with someone
now.  It will be about five
minutes.

[ She smiles at Billy. ]

BILLY: Thank you.

[ Billy sits down, his hands
start to shake as he waits
for his appointment. ]


SCENE 2:
The night before.

[ Hithe is walking down
a long, repetitive hallway.

As he passes by them, three
candles blow out until he
finally reaches an end

& a door swings open. ]


[ Hithe slightly shakes but is
unable to move. ]


[ Bending down to block
the lights from his eyes,

Hithe can now make out
a grave not too far away.

Before he can read it,
the name disappears
& he wakes up. ]


[ Hithe sits up in bed.  Sweating
heavily with tears rolling down
his face. ]


SCENE 3:
Present Day at the Salon.

[ Sascha is cutting Billy’s
hair. ]

SASCHA: So, how’s school
going this semester?

You seem like a pretty
smart kid.
BILLY: Not really.  I’m still
failing and I’ve been hiding
it from my parents. 

SASCHA: I’m sorry.  Have
you tried studying?  Maybe
your older brother could
help you.
BILLY: Airynn, yeah right.  He
barely got through himself.
Plus he always has this
girl over the house.

SASCHA: I see.  Well, you’re
all done mister.

[ Billy looks in the mirror
but stays silent as they
head over to the counter. ]

BILLY: Here.  My mom said to
keep the change.
SASCHA: Thanks.  See you soon.

[ She smiles but Billy looks
down, walking out the door. ]


SCENE 4:
Meanwhile, in Hithe’s office.

[ Jeszyca looks surprised as
Hithe finishes telling her
about his nightmare. ]

JESZYCA: That is quite disturbing.
No offense.

HITHE: I agree.  The three candles
and my son living for three days.

Also that there was no name
on the grave.
JESZYCA: What do you think
it all means?
HITHE: Ever since that happened.

And me & Kristyn went our
separate ways, I’ve had this
void inside.

JESZYCA: I understand.
HITHE: I know what I
need to do.

JESZYCA: Okay, wanna
clue me in?

HITHE: I’ll let everyone
know when the time
is right.
Anyway, I have to get
going.  Remind Sascha
to lock up tonight.


SCENE 5:
Outside, between TA &
the Salon.

[ Chais pulls up with Jenni
in the passenger seat.  Billy
is standing near the door. ]

“Come on, she’s done.”

BILLY: I’m walking home.

[ Chais gets out to confront
him. ]

CHAIS: We have plans to
watch the games.  What’s
wrong with you?
BILLY: Just not in the mood
anymore.

CHAIS: Is it because of
your dumb crush on
the stylist girl?
BILLY: No.  I never said
it was a crush.

[ He punches Chais
hard In the arm. ]

CHAIS: I was joking around.
Maybe you should be taking
your pills like it says.
BILLY: Throw that in my face.
CHAIS: I’m just saying, man.

BILLY: Fine, I’ll be there in
a second.

[ Chais gets back in the
car while Billy swallows
the two pills he’s been
hiding all day. ]


SCENE 6:

[ Hithe gets out of his
car and enters an office
building.

Stopping at the desk,
he waits for someone
to come to the window. ]

“Mr Larozyn,  you’re back
so soon.”

HITHE: Yes, I’ve made up
my mind and I want to
get the process started
as soon as possible.

I have all the necessary
papers right here.

WOMEN: Okay.  While
your information is being
verified.  I’ll let you know
to expect a waiting list
and certain counseling
to be completed.

It’s a standard for any
adoption at this agency. 


NEW PREVIEW:

No comments:

Post a Comment