March 26, 2014

Break Me


SCENE 1:
Overnight shift, TA.

[ Jeszyca is sitting in the back
break room with Stuu, Joh,
 Airynn, Weis & Ski. ]

JESZYCA: Anything exciting
happen since I’ve been
gone.

JOH: Not really.
SKI: You forget were set
to walk away with the
TA credit bonus.
I know you want that
raise.    
JESZYCA: You’re beating days?
I bet Mark is sour. 

SKI: Yeah, he’s not happy
and working overtime to
try and catch up.
WEIS: We’ll see in six days.

SKI: So how do you like
working with Hithe at
the Salon?
JESZYCA: Hithe is a good guy.
Despite what I originally
thought.  And everyone
else is great too. 

[ Suddenly they hear a door
lifting & the noise of a truck
backing up. ]

SKI: Guess whose here.

[ He smiles at Jeszyca. ]


SCENE 2:
At Larrie’s apartment.

[ The door opens & Ace
enters seeing his cousin
passed out on the couch.

Smirking, he takes a hard
pillow & tosses it at him. ]

LARRIE: What the hell?

[ Larrie sits up fast. ]

ACE: You really shouldn’t
leave your door open.
LARRIE: Hey jerk.

How is Kyle doing?
ACE: He’s a little better
today.
So you took a vaca just
to sleep all day and
watch TV?
LARRIE: Maybe.
ACE: Just because you’re
single doesn’t mean you
should roll over and be
boring. 
What’s Jess doing?

LARRIE: She’s visiting TA.
And I took this break for
a reason.  I don’t plan on
wasting it. 


SCENE 3:
Back at TheAisles.

SKI: Your favorite vendor.
JESZYCA: You mean, the one
who refuses to accept the
fact that I don’t date men.

SKI: Bingo.
JESZYCA: Maybe it’s a good
time to make my escape
then.
See ya everyone.

[ She grabs her purse &
starts to head for the
front door.

Stopping for a second,
she looks around &
catches her breath. ]

“Hey!”

[ Jeszyca turns around
giving a faint smile. ]

JESZYCA: Hey Q, I was
just on my way out.
VENDOR Q: Jeszyca, it’s
been awhile.
JESZYCA: Yeah, I got a new
job.
I really should get going
though.

[ Jeszyca walks off & Q stands
there, staring as she walks. ]


SCENE 4:
Back at Larrie’s.

[ Jeszyca walks through the
front door. ]

LARRIE: Hey, you just missed
Ace.

[ She sits down in silence. ]

LARRIE: What’s wrong?
JESZYCA: Nothing.  You know
Q?
LARRIE: The TA vendor.
JESZYCA: Yeah, of course
I ran into him on my visit.
LARRIE: What did he say?
JESZYCA: Not much.  Just his
usual, creepy self. 

LARRIE: I can’t even talk to
that guy.  I know what you
mean. 
Well, I think I’m going to
call it a night.

JESZYCA: Okay, if I don’t see
you in the morning.  Good
luck. 
LARRIE: Night.


SCENE 5:
Parking lot, downtown.

[ Jeszyca is parked with her
car off when another car
pulls in next to her.

She is startled by a knock
on her window & unlocks
the door. ]

JESZYCA: Thanks for
meeting me here.
VENDOR Q: Hey, when a
woman calls me in the
middle of the night.

Where else would I be.
JESZYCA: Don’t be an ass.
This isn’t that exactly.
VENDOR: Okay, then what
are you trying to say with
all this?

[ Instead of answering, Jeszyca
takes off her seat belt & gets
closer to Q.

Putting her hand in his lap, she
grabs onto his chin with her
other hand & slowly starts to
kiss him. ]


SCENE 6:
The next morning.

[ Larrie enters a store
dressed professionally &
sits down in a waiting
area.

A few minutes later, a female
approaches him.  They walk
into a back room & Larrie
takes a seat across from her. ]

MANAGER: Hi Larrie, I’m Charlotte.

[ She holds out her hand. ]

LARRIE:  It’s nice to meet you.
MANAGER: So, what brings you
Into our interview today?
LARRIE: I’m looking for growth
and I’m just not seeing that
where I am at now.
Too many are ahead of me.
MANAGER: I see.  And when
are you able to start with us?


LARRIE: Immediately.  


NEW PREVIEW . . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment