June 25, 2014

Paradise City Part 1 (Premiere)

SCENE 1:
At Maison City Airport.

[ Monica, Kyle, Airynn, Scarlet, & Mark are
saying goodbye to Kiilyn, Billy, & Jai while
Ski talks to Jenni & Chais around the corner. ]

SKI: And be nice to Deb.  She didn’t have to let
everyone come.

[ Chais sighs, rolling his eyes. ]

CHAIS: Yeah, we know but the only reason I
agreed to this was for Jenni.  She wants to
see her grandparents.
SKI: Wow.  You really have no clue how lucky
you are.  I wish I was in your position.  Anyway,
hopefully your attitude improves when you get
there. 
JENNI: I’ll work on it.

[ She smiles.  A little ways down the hallway. . . . . ]

AIRYNN: Remember what Dad said.  Stay close to your
friends and don’t do anything stupid.  Alright?
BILLY: Okay, okay.

[ Billy is sitting down with his hand shaking on the
arm rest. ]

SCARLET: Aww, he’s so excited.  It’s cute.
AIRYNN: Yeah, I guess.

[ A few minutes later, everyone is waving as Jenni,
Chais, Billy, Jai, & Kiilyn are walking away to board
their plane. ]


SCENE 2:
Meanwhile, at The Aisles.

[ Amber, Kristyn, Sandie, & Charles are
waiting for a meeting to start. ]

KRISTYN: Where’s Mark and Ski?
AMBER: They’re at the airport.
KRISTYN: Oh yeah, that’s right.

So Hahn & Syria looked pretty
cozy at the reception.  You think
they’re together?
AMBER: No idea.  Last I knew.  Her
and Dyminic were only separated.

[ Suddenly Hahn burst through the
break room doors, dropping the
stack of papers in his hand. Charles
gets up to help him. ]

CHARLES: Only you, buddy.
HAHN: Right, thanks man.

[ After he composes himself, Hahn
heads to the front to start the
meeting. ]

HAHN: As you can see, Mark isn’t
here so I’ll be attempting to
run this meeting.

[ He sees Amber & Kristyn whispering. ]

HAHN: But before we start, I’d just like
to get something off my chest.
Yes! Syria is getting divorced.
And Yes! We are dating.

[ Everyone stays silent. ]


SCENE 3:
About an hour later.

[ Amber arrives at her apartment
& sees a familiar face standing
In front of her door. ]

AMBER: Dyminic?  What
are you doing here?
DYMINIC:  Hey Amber.
I’m guessing you heard
about Syria and Hahn
by now.
AMBER: Actually yes, just
recently.
DYMINIC: Well, Syria hasn’t
spoken to me since I left
town.
AMBER: Then how on earth
did you find out?
DYMINIC: Straight from the
young ‘n’s mouth.
AMBER: Right, of course.
What’s in your hand?
DYMINIC: Divorce papers.
The one thing she made
sure I got.
AMBER: I’m sorry.
DYMINIC: That’s not even
the worst of it.
AMBER: Yeah, what else?
DYMINIC: I need somewhere
to stay.


SCENE 4:
Airport; Tokyo, Japan.

[ Much later that night, Jenni
& her friends arrive & meet
Jai’s mom Deborah. ]

“Mom!”

[ Jai runs in her direction
& she grabs ahold of him ]

DEBORAH: I missed you.
Hey Chais.

[ Chais waves, but keeps his
distance as Jenni & Killyn
introduces themselves. ]

JENNI: We should go get our
bags.
DEBORAH: Alright.  Then I’ll
drive everyone home and
we can plan what you wanna
do tonight.
Sound good?

[ Everyone agrees as they walk
toward the baggage claim. ]

JENNI: Your mom seems nice.
I don’t know why you’re in
such a bad mood.
CHAIS: She’s not my mom!

[ He walks away from her,
standing near Billy. ]


SCENE 5:
Back at The Aisles.

[ Hahn is standing outside,
knocking on the door. ]

“Come in.”

SYRIA: Hey, what took
you so long?
HAHN: Sorry, I stopped off
to get ice cream.
SYRIA: Alright.  I’ll let you
off the hook as long as it’s
mint chocolate chip.
HAHN: Only the best.

[ They kiss as she leads
him into the living room
where she has wine, glasses
and candles set up. ]

HAHN: This is nice.  Thanks.
I had a kind of a long day.

The store was insanely busy.
SYRIA: How did the meeting go?

HAHN: It went fine.  By the way,
everyone knows that we’re
dating now.
SYRIA: Good.  I never wanted to
hide it.


SCENE 6:
At Deborah’s House

[ Everyone is in the living
room talking, except Chais
who is in the bedroom. ]

JAI: I can’t believe we’re here.
I wanna see everything!
JENNI: I know, me too.  But
your brother only wants to
visit my grandparents. He
won’t do any exploring.

BILLY: Yeah, cuz he’s lame.
This place is amazing.
DEBORAH: Well where would
you like to start?
JAI: Well, our Japanese class
is next week and I wanna
get some new clothes.

[ He points at Kiilyn who is
sitting across from him. ]


[ Inside the bedroom. ]

JENNI: Hey, we’re trying to decide
what to get for dinner and I know
you’re hungry.

[ She smiles & sits next to Chais
on the bed.  He tries to hide but
Jenni turns him around. ]

JENNI: Babe, what’s wrong?
You look like you’ve been
crying.
CHAIS: I’m fine, okay.  Just
don’t tell anyone.


Preview: Part 2. . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment