July 16, 2014

Blue ( Da Ba Dee )

SCENE 1:
Early Morning, at Joh’s.

[ He enters Weis’ bedroom. ]

WEIS: That was fast.  You must
have been waiting for my light
to turn on.

JOH: Yeah.  I’ve been up for
awhile.  Just thinking.
WEIS: That can be dangerous.
JOH: How was the late night
skating fest?  Dude, I haven’t
been there in ages.
WEIS: It was packed. 
JOH: With trails of single
college girls, I bet.  Screw
my life.

[ He stops talking & sits on
the bed. ]

WEIS: Sucks they allow underage
there in the summer.
JOH: Yeah, I know.
WEIS: You can come swimming
with us this afternoon though
right?
JOH: Not sure.  Where at? 

WEIS: Riverland Park, I think.
JOH: Nope.  I can’t come within
whatever feet of that place.
WEIS:  You need to talk to Mark’s
lawyer friend as soon as possible.

This is getting ridiculous, dude.


SCENE 2:
Overseas; Tokyo, Japan.

[ Jai & Kiilyn are walking
down the street. ]

KIILYN: That was a long ride.
We better hurry up before
we’re late on the first day.
JAI: I know, but the class
should be in that building
up ahead.

[ He points at the school
& they walk inside the door. ]

KIILYN: How am I gonna last
In this class if I can’t even
say the guys last name?
JAI: We’ll just call him Teach
Y.

[ They find the classroom. ]

TEACH Y: You’re late.  Please
take seats.

[ Jai & Kiilyn look at each other
& then sit in the back of the
class. ]

TEACH Y: Today we go over simple
vocabulary.  But first, let me make
sure everyone is here.


SCENE 3:
Local Office, Downtown.

[ Joh walks up to the building
& is met at the door by Mark’s
friend. ]

M. UTILAN: Nice to meet you.
Let’s talk over here.

[ He sits at a desk & Joh sits
In a chair across from him. ]

JOH: I’m not sure how much you
know about what happened.
M. UTILAN: I got a good idea
from Mark.  The problem lies
with the fact that you waited
until after you we’re given
the five years on the list.
JOH: Does that mean there
Is nothing I can do?
M. UTILAN: I wouldn’t say that.
It just going to take some time.
JOH: How long?  It’s kind of hard
to enjoy my summer when I can’t
be seen anywhere.
M. UTILAN: I understand.  Give me
a few days to do some more case
research and I will get back to you.
JOH: Alright then.

[ Dissapointed, Joh returns to his
truck.  Not thinking, he heads
to find his roomates. ]


SCENE 4:
Back at the school.

[ Jai is raising his hand to
answer his third question
in a row. ]

KIILYN: Hey, you might wanna
just chill.
JAI: These questions are so easy.

TEACH Y: Does anyone else
have the answer?
JAI: I’m sorry sir but I already
know all of these.

[ The teacher stands over his desk. ]

TEACH Y: I see, and what are you
trying to say by that?
JAI: No offense, but these words
are pretty basic.  I thought we’d
get into more like sentence
structure. 

TEACH Y: Well since the curriculum
doesn’t meet your standards,
maybe you should sit out for
the rest of the day.
JAI: What?

TEACH Y: You heard me.  You can
wait for your friend in the empty
room next door. Now go!

[ Kiilyn shakes his head, while Jai
exits in surprise. ]


SCENE 5:
Riverland Park, swimming area.

[ Weis gets out of the pool &
walks over to LeeVigh & Tessa,
who are laying on the grass. ]

WEIS: Joh Joh is here.
LEEVIGH: Yeah right.
WEIS: I’m serious.  I just seen
his truck pull into the lot over
there.

[ LeeVigh looks over & sees
Joh smiling, walking towards. ]

LEEVIGH: I’ll talk care of it.

[ At the gate. ]

LEEVIGH: Man, what are you
doing?  You’re not suppose
to be around here. 
JOH: I talked to the lawyer.
He said I should of came
sooner. Who knows how
long it will take.
LEEVIGH: Then, I’m sorry
but you have to wait.
Listen, we’re almost done.

Let’s go home.  I’ll just
text the others.

[ They get in Joh’s truck
& drive off. ]


SCENE 6:

[ Jai is sitting alone in the
empty class room when his
phone rings.  He answers it,
hearing laughter at the other
end. ]

SKI: Sentence structure? I
can’t believe you said that
smart ass.
JAI: I wasn’t trying to be smart.
SKI: Yeah, I know.  He just took
It the wrong way.
JAI: Don’t tell Dad I got kicked
out on the first day alright.
SKI: I won’t.  And don’t worry.
You have plenty of time to
make a better impression.
JAI: That’s true. Thanks Ski.
SKI: You’re welcome.
Tell everyone I said hi and
we miss them.
JAI: I will.  Miss you too. 

[ He hangs up, burying his head
In his arms. ]


“Five more hours!” 


NEW PREVIEW . . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment