July 30, 2014

Easy ( Like Sunday Morning )

SCENE 1:
Outside Ace’s building.

[ Ace & Mark return from
the gym.  Settling into the
living room, Ace turns on
the TV and lays back. ]

ACE: Finally I can get a work
out in without being in
agony afterwards.
MARK: Feels good, doesn’t it?

[ Mark joins him on the couch. ]

ACE: Yup.  So what did you get
Ski for your 3rd year next week?
Knowing you, it’s something
extravagant.
MARK: These.

[ He hands Ace two tickets
to London. ]

ACE: No way.  Hasn’t he always
wanted to go there?
MARK: Yes and I managed to
keep it a surprise too. 
ACE: That’s awesome.  Best
boyfriend ever,  I’d say.

[ They toast their beers &
continue to relax in silence. ]


SCENE 2:
The next day, at TA.

[ Inside Mark’s office. ]

MARK: So what’s up?

HAHN: Not much.  I can’t believe
your ditching me next week
during our biggest sale
of the year though.
 One you organized, by the way,
MARK: It’s me and Ski’s 3rd
anniversary.  I wanted to do
something special.
HAHN: A bit last minute.

Oh well.  Me and Charles can
handle it. 
MARK: Right.  So when are we
gonna double date with you
and Syria?

[ Hahn starts to laugh. ]

HAHN: Four isn’t a good number
for us.
MARK: What do you mean?
HAHN: Syria’s ex is back in town
and guess who he’s staying with?

[ Mark shakes his head. ]

HAHN: Your other assistant manager.
MARK: Wow.
HAHN: Yeah, we found out on a
dinner date last month.
MARK: Very interesting.


SCENE 3:
Next door, TA Salon.

[ Inside Ace’s office. He’s
on the phone with Kyle. ]

ACE: I’m surprised you
answered.
KYLE: Yeah.  Sorry I’ve been
distant.  Busy week.
ACE:  How’s your clients been
looking?
KYLE: Great.  I have daily trainees
now.  Thanks to your references.
ACE: Happy to help.

KYLE: Now let me help you.  I have
some free time this weekend.
Let’s go see my jeweler. 
ACE: Hey, hey.  Just because we
had one talk about rings doesn’t
mean I’m jumping on the band
wagon.
KYLE: What wagon?  I just don’t
understand what is holding you
back.
ACE: It’s simple man.  I’m not
looking to be engaged. 

KYLE: Alright.  You’ve been
with Karie for awhile.
If the purpose isn’t to get
married, then what is it?


SCENE 4:
Meat Department, TA.

[ Mark approaches the counter. ]

“Sir!”

[ Charles sits up, shaking his head. ]

CHARLES: That would’ve been funny
had I not almost hit my head.

[ Mark laughs anyway. ]

MARK: Anyway, I’m on my way out.
Just wanted to see how sales
are doing this week.

[  Charles hands him a paper. ]

MARK: Thanks.  I’m actually not
going to be here next weekend.
CHARLES: During the sale?
MARK: Yes.  Hahn has all the
details.
CHARLES: I’ll call him. 

MARK: Just make sure every
department has the product
and samples a couple days
ahead. 
CHARLES: And I’m guessing
that’s a no on wearing the
meat dress.

[ Mark just looks at him,
smiles, and walks away. ]


SCENE 5:
TA employee parking.

[ Ace Is sitting in his car with
the window down, when
Mark walks outside. ]

ACE: Perfect timing.
Where you headed?

MARK: To meet Ski. Something
wrong?

[ Mark leans down. ]

ACE: Just Kyle made me think
earlier.  That’s it.  My crazy
head again.
MARK: Listen, don’t let what
anyone else in your life is
doing influence your decisions.
Including me.

As long as you and Karie
are happy.  That’s all that
matters.

ACE: Thanks.
MARK:  I’ll call you later.

[ Ace waves & drives off. ]


SCENE 6:
At Mark’s house.

[ Ski is in the living room
when Mark walks in. ]

SKI: Good you’re home.
Can’t believe how empty
this house seems lately.

[ He looks over at Mark
who has a cheesy smirk
on his face. ]

SKI: What? 

[ Mark stays silent. ]

SKI: Anyway silly.  What do
you wanna do next weekend?
MARK: Yeah, about that.

[ He sits down by Ski &
hands him an envelope,
waiting for his response. ]


“Ohhh mmy god.”


NEW PREVIEW. . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment