July 9, 2014

Superman (It's Not Easy)

SCENE 1:
At Hithe’s apartment.

[ Him & Little H are watching
football in the living room. ]

HITHE: Touchdown!
LITTLE H: Yeah, it about time
they got one.
HITHE: They’re gonna catch up.
I’m telling you.
LITTLE H: We’ll see.

[  On a break in the game,
the conversation changes. ]

LITTLE H: You should start dating
again.
HITHE: Why?  I’m good. I have
my work and you now.
LITTLE H: Yeah but that’s all
you ever do.  Don’t you want
a real family?

[ The doorbell rings & Hithe
gets up to answer it. ]

HITHE: There’s more than one
type of family, kid.

Well, hello.  I didn’t expect
to see you here.

[ Kristyn appears in the doorway. ]

KRISTYN: Yeah, I was just in
the neighborhood and realized
I haven’t been over in ages.
Can I come in?


SCENE 2:
At LeeVigh place.

[ LeeVigh & Joh are setting up
dinner in their dining room. ]

LEEVIGH: You sure Weis didn’t
figure it out?
JOH: No chance.  He thinks you
had to work today and me
tonight. 
LEEVIGH: Good, good.  When’s he
getting here?

JOH: Any minute now.

[ There’s a knock at the door. ]

LEEVIGH: Who could that be?

[ He opens it, seeing his girlfriend
Tessa standing there. ]

LEEVIGH: Oh, hey babe.
TESSA: Hey, you busy right now?

[ He gives Joh a look. ]

LEEVIGH: Actually we’re setting up
for Weis’ birthday but I don’t think
he will mind.  Right Joh?
JOH: Sure.  The more the merrier.
I guess.


SCENE 3:
Back at Hithe’s.

HITHE: Are you surprised?
KRISTYN: Yeah, a little.  I had
no idea you would even consider
adoption.
HITHE: Yeah, it all started with
a dream I had.  Funny enough.
KRISTYN: Dream about what?

[ Hithe looks up at Kristyn. ]

KRISTYN: Oh, I see.
So, where’s he at?  I wanna
meet him.
HITHE: Uh, probably in his
room.  Hey H, come out here
a sec!

[ They wait for a few minutes.
Then Hithe walks over to the
hallway, returning in panic. ]

HITHE: He’s gone!

[ Hithe goes to the front door
& opens it to see if Little H
Is outside but there is no sign
of him. ]

KRISTYN: He couldn’t have gotten
far on foot.  Let’s just drive around.
Calm down, alright.


SCENE 4:
Weis arrive at home.

EVERYONE: Surprise!

[ LeeVigh & Joh meet him
at the door. ]

JOH: We made your favorite
foods, dude.
WEIS: Thanks, awesome.

[ He sees Tessa sitting on
the couch. ]

TESSA: Hey Weis.
WEIS: Oh hey.

[ He looks at the other two. ]

LEEVIGH: Sorry.  We normally
celebrate our birthdays together.
TESSA: I see.  Isn’t that a little bit
gay?

[ She starts to laugh, not noticing
Weis & Joh’s expression. ]

TESSA: I’m just kidding around.
You don’t mind, if I stay right?

[ Everyone is eating dinner in
silence, until Joh & Weis finish
and leave the room. ]

TESSA: What’s going on?


SCENE 5:

[ Kristyn is driving Hithe
around when he’s sees H
on the street and gets out. ]

HITHE: Man, what are  you doing?

LITTLE H: I just went for a welk
around the block.  We’ve been
inside all day.
HITHE: That’s fine.  But you can’t
just leave whenever.  You have
to let me know , okay?
LITTLE H: Alright.
HITHE: Get in the car, please.

[ They arrive back at Hithe’s
& Little H goes inside. ]

HITHE: Damn, he looks upset.
I hope I wasn’t too hard on him.
KRISTYN: Eh, he’s a kid.  They get
mad but he’ll get over it.
I think you’re doing a great job.
HITHE: Well, thanks.  And I’m glad
you stopped by.  We should do this
more often.
KRISTYN: Okay.  Well, I’ll see ya.

[ Hithe looks at Kristyn as he shuts
the car door.  Walking inside,
he goes to have a talk with
Little H. ]


SCENE 6:
Outside the apartments.

[ LeeVigh & Tessa are sitting
on the steps. ]

TESSA: I hope your roomates knew
I was only joking.  I feel bad now.
LEEVIGH: They’re fine.  They just
went to go smoke. 
TESSA: I think I should go.
LEEVIGH: No, don’t.  I mean,
you have to get use to them
at some point.
Stay and drink with us.
Weis isn’t the type of person
to hold grudges.
TESSA: You sure?
LEEVIGH: I’m positive.

[ They hold hands & he walks
her back inside. ]


No comments:

Post a Comment