August 13, 2014

Put That Woman 1st

SCENE 1:
Late Night, at TA. . . . .

[ Ski walks in, seeing Amber
standing at the front end. ]

AMBER: Is it ten yet?
SKI: Not quite.  I came in a little
earlier.

[ She sighs, then smiles. ]

AMBER: You still need to
tell me about what happened
on your first night in London.
SKI: Oh yeah. 

[ Ski looks away. ]

AMBER: What is it? Don’t be
silent now. 
SKI: It’s just.  How do you feel
about every once in awhile
involving a third party in
things?
AMBER: You mean, a threesome.
SKI: Yeah, I met a guy there. And
Mark just kind of went with it.
Next thing I know I was waking
up between them.

AMBER: As long as it’s something
you both agree on.  Just don’t
let something else cause a break
in your relationship again.
SKI: Yeah, I know what you mean.
AMBER: Well, I should get home.
Have a good night.  I’ll text ya. 

[ She exits TheAisles. ]


SCENE 2:
At Jeszyca & Larrie’s.

[ Jeszyca is sitting in a
chair with Larrie & Tiesun on
the couch across from her. ]

JESZYCA: You two look cozy.  If I
didn’t know better I’d say you
we’re dating. 

[ Tiesun sits up, smiling. ]

TIESUN: Nah, we’re just friends.
JESZYCA: Uh huh.  Well, whatever
you are you both need to come
out with me tonight.

[ Larrie gets up, heading toward
the kitchen. ]

LARRIE: Sorry.  I’m making dinner
and we’re watching movies. 
JESZYCA: Lame.  Your suppose to
be my wingman, you know.

TIESUN: There is one more person
you could ask.  He’d be more than
willing to help out. 

[ She smirks at Jeszyca. ]

JESZYCA: Knew that was coming.


SCENE 3:
Outside Amber’s.

[ She arrives home &
Dyminic is reading in the
living room. ]

AMBER: Are you making me
dinner?

[ Dyminic smiles at her. ]

DYMINIC: Yes.  You caught me.

[ She sits down next to him. ]

AMBER: Thanks but you didn’t
have to do that.
DYMINIC: I know.  I figured you
had a long day though.
AMBER: It was.  What did you do?
DYMINIC: Nothing.  I didn’t have
any cases to work on.

I’ll be right back.

[ He disappears into the kitchen &
Amber notices his phone has slid
out of his pocket onto the couch.

Suddenly it lights up, without thinking
Amber grabs it as a conversation
comes into view. ]

“Making my girlfriend dinner.  Talk
soon. “


SCENE 4:
Downtown, local Bar.

[ Jeszyca & Vendor Q return
from the dance floor to sip
drinks at a nearby table. ]

VENDOR Q: Thanks for the invite.
Random as it was.

JESZYCA: Right.  Thanks for showing
up.  After that fiasco before I
wasn’t sure.
VENDOR Q: You mean when you
made out with me and then I
didn’t hear from you.

[ Q laughs. ]

VENDOR Q: It was a test and I failed.
JESZYCA: Hey, it wasn’t you.  It was
your gender. 
VENDOR Q: It’s cool.  We’re friends.

So, has any chick in here caught
your interest?

[ Jeszyca looks around while
Q takes another drink. ]

JESZYCA: Look, over there.

[ Q slowly turns around. ]


SCENE 5:
Back at Amber’s.

[ Her & Dyminic are at the
table finishing their meals. ]

AMBER: Can I ask you something?

[ Dyminic stops & looks up. ]

DYMINIC: Of course.  Anything.
AMBER: Okay.  Do you consider me
your girlfriend? 
DYMINIC: No.  I mean, we’ve never
talked about that.

[ He takes a sip from his water. ]

AMBER: Why did you tell someone
in a text then?
DYMINIC: You saw that?
AMBER: Yes sorry.
DYMINIC: I don’t mind.  It was my
Mom.  Ever since Syria and I
divorced, she’s been concerned.

I told her we’re dating so she’d
think I moved on. 
AMBER: Oh.  I guess that makes
sense.

[ She continues eating & they
are silent for awhile. ]

DYMINIC: I’m just curious.  If you don’t
have an interest in me.  What made
you pick up the phone?


SCENE 6:

[ Vendor Q is watching from the
side as Jeszyca approaches a
brunette on the dance floor.

He calls out, rooting her on. ]

JESZYCA: Sorry.  I don’t know him.

[ The stranger laughs & moves
closer to her. ]

JESZYCA: I’ve never seen you
around here before.
BRUNETTE: Yeah, I just moved
here last weekend from Maison
City.
JESZYCA: Really, I love it there.
Why would you wanna move?
BRUNETTE: It’s a long story.

[ She looks away from Jeszyca
as they continue to dance. ]


NEW PREVIEW . . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment