November 5, 2014

A Bitter Taste

SCENE 1:
TA, Mark’s office.

[ On his flat screen a
video is showing Sandie
clearly damaging store
goods. Mark pauses it. ]

MARK: I don’t think we
need to go any further.

What we’re you thinking?

[ Sandie looks ashamed,
gathering her thoughts. ]

SANDIE: Honestly, I’ve been
feeling a little loopy lately.
Maybe this new medicine
I’m taking.  I barely recall
going back there.
MARK: You should probably
consult your doctor then.
Meanwhile, I’m putting you
on suspension.  For two weeks.

[ Later on, Mark is in his office
talking to just Hahn. ]

MARK: I don’t know what’s up
with that couple.  First, Charles
takes money and now Sandie
is sabotaging another team.
HAHN: Yes.  The struggle is real.
MARK: Seems to be.

HAHN: I’ll tell you what’s not
a battle though.

[ They look at each other &
laugh. ]


SCENE 2:
At Weis’ apartment.

[ Stuu, Weis, & Joh are
gathered downstairs. ]

STUU: I think I’ve been
here almost 48 hours.
JOH: Yeah.  You do have
a home dude. Remember
that.

[ Stuu smirks at him. ]

WEIS: We’ve been working
on band stuff this whole
time.
STUU: Does that include you
Irritatingly tickling my feet
this morning?
WEIS: Had to wake your snoring
ass up some way. 
JOH: Well guess what.  It’s light
out now.  You said you help me
put that system in my ride.
STUU: Let me at least eat
something, geez.

[ Joh throws him a poptart 
package from off the table. ]


SCENE 3:
Back at TheAisles.

[ Mark is making a call
from his car phone as he
pulls out of the parking
lot. ]

MARK: Hey babe. You just
now waking up?
SKI: Yeah.  You figure out
what happened?
MARK: Not clearly.  Had
to suspend her.
SKI: Damn.  I know you hate
doing that to anyone.
MARK: I’ll be home soon.
SKI: Okay.  Love you bye.

[ Inside the store, Sandie
comes up to Charles’ counter. ]

SANDIE: I have to go home.
CHARLES: It’s only 2.  What’s
going on?

SANDIE: You tell me. I accidently
do a little damage and get suspended
for two weeks. 
CHARLES: I’m sorry babe.  What can
I do?

[ He gets close to Sandie but she
backs off. ]

SANDIE: I know about the money
Charles.  It’s a double standard.


SCENE 4:
Joh’s outdoor garage.

STUU: I swear.  You two are
driving me nuts.

JOH: Being needed now must feel
better than when you were
hated before. 
STUU: Yeah, that’s true.  And
thanks for reminding me, you
jerk.

[ He smiles at Joh. ]

STUU: You should be all set.
JOH: Oh yeah, already?
STUU: Turn it on.  Test it out.

[ Stuu waits outside the car,
leaning on the side until
music is blaring through the
open windows. ]

STUU: Sounds good, right?

[ He high fives Joh from
outside. ]

JOH: It’s perfect.  Thanks.
So, you and Weis are
getting closer and closer?

STUU: What?


SCENE 5:
Mark arrives at home.

[ Ski is watching TV in
the living room & Mark
joins him. ]

MARK: What’s going on
in our store? I tell ya.
SKI: Don’t stress.  I think
you handled it in the right
way.
MARK: Maybe.
SKI: You know what would
be crazy?
MARK: What?

[ Mark looks at Ski. ]

SKI: If some how Sandie
found out about Charles
and tried to use it against
the store.

[ Mark looks worried. ]

SKI: I’m just joking around.
She’s coming back, right?
So that won’t happen.
MARK: Your right.

Wanna ride with me
to pick up Jai?

SKI: Sure.  Let’s go.


SCENE 6:
Later that Night.

[ Stuu finally arrives home.
Laying down on his couch,
he starts going through the
mail when he receives a
strange notice. ]

“Dear Mr Lawson,
You asked to be notified when
a candidate has selected your
specimen to use in the donor
process.

This mailing is to inform you
that date is in the near future.
Just a reminder, you will need
to comply with the rules discussed
prior.  Any questions, call our
office please.”

[ Caught off guard, Stuu drops
the note on the table in front
of him. ]


No comments:

Post a Comment