February 11, 2015

Just Say No

Morning, inside The Aisles.

[ Amber & Mark are talking
in his office. ]

AMBER: So today is the day.
MARK: Yup. TA is officially
non-smoking including all
employees on premises.
AMBER: Good thing I cut
back a few months ago.
Sucks for the every other
hour smokers though.
MARK: Yeah, I know.
Thanks for taking this
morning shift, by the way.
  Hahn had some emergency
appointment, he said.
AMBER: It's no problem.
I'm enjoying the change.

[ She sits down across
from Mark. ]

MARK: So, how are things
with Dyminic?  Ski told me
you made it official.
AMBER: Geez.  You gossip just
like a woman.

[ They both laugh. ]

AMBER: Anyway, they're great.
We've been living together
for months as friends anyway.
Now we just sleep in the 
same room.  
MARK: I see.

AMBER: Well, I have to run.
I'm meeting Karie & Sascha
at the cafe.
MARK: Cool, tell them I said
hi.

[ Amber leaves. ]


Meanwhile, at the Salon.

[ Acer & Hithe are walking
toward the manager's office. ]

ACE: You sent out the email
about the hiring fair we're
having, right?
HITHE: Of course.  I did it
from home last night.
ACE: Ok good.

[ They arrive in Ace's office
& he sits down, breathing
heavily. ]

HITHE: You alright, man?
ACE: I'm fine.  Just trying to
get a lot done right now
HITHE: I understand.  If you need
any extra help, let me know.

[ Hithe leaves & Karie enters. ]

KARIE: Me and Sascha are about
to leave.  Everything good?
ACE: Honestly, I feel like things
are piling up on me today.
KARIE: I'm sorry.  Why don't you
take a little break?
ACE: I would but I can't smoke
anywhere around here now.

KARIE: You're right.  I forgot.
How will you make it through
the day?  I mean, you can get
very stressed.
ACE: I'll be fine.  I have to be.
I don't wanna hold you up
though.  We can talk after
your lunch. 

[ He smiles while Karie leaves. ]


The Cafe, across from TA.

[ Amber, Karie, & Sascha are
sitting at an outdoor table. ]

AMBER: You're a little too silent.
Is there something you wanna
tell me?

[ Karie takes a gulp of her drink
& then looks up. ]

KARIE: We we're just wondering.
How old exactly is Dyminic?
AMBER: He just turned 40, why?

[ Karie makes a face. ]

AMBER: What? A lot of people
date older.
KARIE: It's 15 years though.  Just
saying.
SASCHA: Not to be cliche but age
is just a number.

AMBER: Yeah.  Mark is ten years
older than Ski. Monica is also
older than Kyle.  Just to name
a few, it's like a TA thing.

[ Amber laughs. ]

KARIE: Still, I don't know.
AMBER: You just have to see
how we are together. You'll
understand.
KARIE: Maybe.

[ They are interupted by their
food being sat down. ]


Back at the Salon.

[ Acer is looking over a stack
of papers on his desk when
he notices it's still three 
hours before he is off. ]

ACE: God, this day is dragging.

[ There's a knock on the door. ]

ACE: Come in.
HITHE: Hey man.

ACE: How's Lorenzo? We're
not busy, are we?
HITHE: No he's fine.
I do need you to look over
these order for the added
chairs.

[ Acer just looks at him. ]

HITHE: When you get time.
No rush.

[ After Hithe leaves, Acer
is looking through the papers
still, getting frustrated.

Suddenly he let's out a yell, 
tossing each sheet one-by-one
 until his desk is cleared. ]

ACE: Screw this.

[ Grabbing his cigarettes from
inside his desk, he heads out
the back entrance.  Shutting
the door behind him. ]


Later that night.

[ Amber & Dyminic are
talking in her living room. ]

DYMINIC: How was your day
babe?
AMBER: It was okay.

[ She half smiles at him. ]

DYMINIC: Then why the frown?
AMBER: Just Karie didn't seem
to wild about the idea of us.
DYMINIC: Because of my age?
AMBER: Well, yeah.

DYMINIC: Oh well.  Not like it
matters.
AMBER: It does though.  She's one
of my good friends.  That's why I
want you to meet her some time.
DYMINIC: Sure, I love meeting
new people.

AMBER: Great.  Maybe will go
out this weekend.  To a movie
and dinner.
DYMINIC: Sounds good.  Now why
don't you come on over here?
I've been waiting for you to
walk through the door for hours.

[ Amber climbs up on top of him
& they start to kiss passionately. ]



Earlier, behind the Salon.


[ Acer is settled in to his smoke,

looking around to make sure
no one is in the parking lot.

Back inside the Aisles, Mark
is reading an email. ]

"Before you leave do another
security run.  Remember anyone
caught smoking on the premises
will be issued a final warning"

[ Looking over the cameras, Mark
gets to back parking lot.  He sees
someone down there.

Zooming in he realizes it's his
best friend Acer, putting out
his cigarette. ]

MARK: Oh no.  


No comments:

Post a Comment