July 22, 2015

My Weakness

SCENE ONE:
Evening time, outside Jenni's.

[ Ski pulls up in his same-named
sports vehicle.  Coming to a halt-
-ing loud stop, Chais gets inside. ]

"Drive much?"

SKI: Get in.  Your brother caught you
in the backyard last night.  Since 
when did you start lying to me?

CHAIS: Since I turned 17 I don't 
have to tell you everything.
I mean, you're own ex 
boyfriend smokes and you
don't get on him.  
SKI: Exactly and he's struggling 
to quit.  I know you're only smoking
a few now but you will eventually
become addicted.   
CHAIS: I don't care.  Sometimes its
the only way I have to deal with
my stress.

SKI: Please.  You have it way easier
than a lot of people.  What are you
so stressed about?
CHAIS: You and Mark are always 
pressuring me.  I don't get into
school like Jai and I'm not as
smart.

SKI: We weren't trying to make
you feel bad.  We just want you
to do your best.
CHAIS: Yeah okay.  I'm going to Billy's.

[ Despite Ski calling him, Chais
continues to walk away. Leaving 
Ski standing in the driveway. ]


SCENE TWO: 
Later that night, at Hithe's.

[ Hithe & Little H are finishing up
dinner while Kristyn is sitting at the
kitchen island. ]

HITHE: Did Mairya find it in one of
her moods not to join us tonight?

[ Kristyn smiles a little. ]

KRISTYN: Oh she's coming.  Just had
to pick up a friend.  
LITTLE H: Yeah.  She wouldn't miss
your barbecue Dad.

[ H pats Hithe on his shoulder before
walking in the other direction. ]

HITHE: Cool.  I haven't seen Trailyn
in awhile.
KRISTYN: It's actually a guy friend.

[ She sort of whispers as Little H
comes by placing plates on the
table slowly.  Then the doorbell
rings. ]

LITTLE H: I'll get it.

[ Opening the door, H is shocked
to find Mairya & Caleb standing
in front of him. ]

MAIRYA: Go introduce yourself to
my mom.

[ After he leaves. ]

MAIRYA: Sorry I didn't tell you
that Caleb is back.  I just found
out he was coming a few days
ago.  It's okay, right?
LITTLE H: Yeah it's fine.  Go make
a plate.  I'll be in there in a second.

[ H stays frozen for a minute. Unable
to snap himself out of it as flashbacks 
of the back building incident start 
to run over & over in his mind. ]


SCENE THREE:
Meanwhile, at Mark & Ski's.

[ Mark & Ski are laying side by
side in the living room watching
a movie. ]

MARK: You haven't said but two
words to me since I got home.

Is something going on?

[ Ski sits up sighing, facing Mark. ]

SKI: Yeah it's Chais.  I didn't want
to bring this up but it's getting 
worse.
He won't listen to anything I
tell him now.  
MARK: I should knock him in
his hard head.
SKI: I doubt that will solve any-
thing.  We need to think a little
harder about this.

MARK: He's always been that way
with me.  He'll purposely do the
opposite of what I say just to
get me going.
SKI: If we take away his license, he'll
just drive without it.  If we try and
ground him here, he'll just walk
out on us.  
MARK: That's fine then.

SKI: What do you mean?
MARK: We'll just make it crystal
clear.  Next time that he decides
to break a rule.  He can stay gone.
That way there's no surprises.

SKI: I don't know if I agree.

[ He lays back down near Mark,
ending their conversation. ]



[ Mairya, Caleb, Kristyn, Little H
& Hithe are all eating at the table. ]

MAIRYA: What do you think of the
ribs?  I know they're your favorite.
It's Hithe's own sauce.

[ She smiles at Caleb, trying to engage
him in the conversation. ]

CALEB: It's good.  Everything is.
Thanks for inviting me.
HITHE: No problem.  So you just
got back into town?

MAIRYA: Yeah. His parents made
him move away for awhile. 

[ Little H stays silent while Mairya
continues. ]

KRISTYN: We can all tell that you're
happy to see him.
LITTLE H: I'll be right back.  Excuse
me.

[ H walks out into the living room
& Hithe follows him. ]

HITHE: What is going on with you?
You've been silent ever since they
got here.
LITTLE H: It's nothing.  I just need a
minute.  
HITHE: Why are you shaking then?
Wait a minute.  Is this the guy from
the school?

[ H just shakes his head, not looking
to see Hithe's reaction. ]


SCENE FIVE:
Middle of the night, TA.

[ Ski is sitting in his office looking
at the securities cameras when
Joh walks inside. ]

SKI: Hey.  Is everyone here?

JOH: Yeah Stuu was a little late
but he called.
SKI: Okay cool.

[ Joh sits down across from Ski. ]

SKI: You will never guess what
I found on here.

[ Johs gets up, standing next to him. ]

SKI: Just watch this.

[ Ski unpauses the screen as Charles is
seen sneaking up behind someone.  They talk
for awhile & then he starts shoving the
unknown into the freezer.

A minute later, Syria appears.  Yelling
at Charles.  Joh starts to laugh. ]

SKI: This is serious.  I think that was
the Mirror bakery manager.  You know
the policy about employee contact.
JOH: This is for sure a violation.
What are you going to do?

SKI: I have no choice but to report it.

[ Joh leaves & Ski starts dialing on
his phone. ]


SCENE SIX:

[ Hithe walks right up to Caleb
with Little H at a safe distance
behind. ]

HITHE: We need to talk.

[ Caleb follows Hithe into the 
living room. ]

HITHE: After what you've done you
have some nerve just showing
up here.  You forced yourself
onto my son.  

CALEB: No direspect but I don't
think you have the whole story.
H was enticing and pretty much
asking to.

[ Mairya walks in & Caleb looks
back at Little H. ]

CALEB: I realize how this may seem
but I'm telling you it wasn't one-
sided.  Maybe you don't know
your son very well but he liked
it.

[ Mairya just stares at him with a
disturb look on her face.  Hithe sits
back but before he knows what he
is doing has lunged at Caleb knocking
him to the ground. ]

KRISTYN: What the hell is going 
on out here?  Hithe!


LITTLE H: Dad, let him go!



No comments:

Post a Comment