August 19, 2015

That 1 Dream ( 200th Post )

SCENE ONE :
Early morning, The Aisles.

[ Zain, Tiesun, & Stuu are taking
their last break of the shift. ]

ZAIN: I haven't been able to chill my-
self out all night.  I'm too nervous
about tomorrow afternoon.

TIESUN: You'll do fine.  Just show
them the down to earth, caring
guy we've all grown to love. I'm
sure they won't be able to resist.
STUU: Okay.  Usually I would 
say that you're right --.

[ Tiesun interrupts him. ]

TIESUN: I've been on auditions
before I know a little about it.
STUU: For this type of show I
would almost think that's the
opposite of what they want.

ZAIN: It's true.  I'm competing
with 19-23 year olds from all
over this area.  In order to get
in that house, I have to find
some off the wall way to stand
out.  
STUU: You still have a little
time, I would suggest you 
work on a gimmick then.

ZAIN: Yeah.  I already have
one in mind.

[ He states, staring at a picture
on his phone. ]


SCENE TWO :
Much later, Monica's home.

[ She & Kristyn are about to walk
out the door.  Trailyn is facing her
mom while Mairya sits close by. ]

TRAILYN: I understand.  Now should-
n't you be heading to the concert?

It's getting later and later.

MONICA: I know what time it is.
Remember no one aloud over we
didn't discuss.  No alcohol and
everyone leaves at midnight.

Kii will be home soon.

[ The adults leave & Trailyn joins
Mairya, sitting next to her. ]

TRAILYN: Finally.  It took me three
weeks to convince her to let me
do this, this night better go as
I planned.
MAIRYA: It will.  Your brother is
gone and you told Jai to get here
early.  
TRAILYN: He's bringing a friend.  
Maybe you can -- .
MAIRYA: Don't even say it.

That is the last thing I need.

[ Mairya rolls her eyes, exiting
the room. ]


SCENE THREE :
Earlier in the day time.

[ Weis & LeeVigh are sitting down
in their living room.  After packing
suitcases & equipment into a
van for hours, they toast & take
a much needed drink. ]

LEEVIGH: Everything is set.  The rooms,
the venues.  After this Sunday, we'll be
booked three nights a week.
WEIS: I can't believe you got all this
done on your own.  Just off of our
videos online.  Maybe you're the
band member I should be dating.

[ LeeVigh starts to laugh. ]

WEIS: Just kidding.  Obviously.
LEEVIGH: Where is our other
third anyway? 
WEIS: I don't know.  He said he
would be here hours ago to help
with loading the stuff.  Leave it
to him to skip out.  

LEEVIGH: Right.  So did you find
out if Ski is holding onto your jobs?
WEIS: He said he'd do the best
he can.  Hopefully he'll find
a couple of willing temps.  
LEEVIGH: That's good.  I wasn't so
fortunate.  But it's cool.  There's
always other jobs.  

WEIS: True.  And at least you 
have her to lean on.

[ He points to the window as
Tessa is walking up the drive. ]


SCENE FOUR :
Highway, across town.

[ Joh is driving Zain to a down-
town Maison City bar. ]

JOH: You really think rocking
that get up is going to score
you points?  It looks like you're
wearing a woman's blouse.
ZAIN: Oh yeah.  Just wait until
you see some of the freaks
that will be lurking in this line.
And I was going for more of
an animalistic vibe.
JOH: I see.  Wait are you in
mascara?
ZAIN: Yup borrowed from your
best friend Weis.

[ They pull inside a packed parking
lot while Zain prepares to go in-
side.

Nearly an hour later, it's show-
time.  Zain has been put in a
small group and he and a female
contestant are about to be thrown
into a random scenario. ]

[ After reading a card, they dive in. ]

 ZAIN: No.  I said that you going in
there and adding personal items 
off the budget when we agreed to
use it on essentials was a selfish
act.  I'm sure many here would
agree with that.

[ The partner was momentarily
silenced by the power of his voice. ]


SCENE FIVE :
At Trailyn's party.

[ She & her guests are playing a
game.  It's Jai's friend's chance
to take a turn. ]

"Dare"

TRAILYN: Okay.  Kiss Mairya.

MAIRYA: No way.  I'm not kissing
some boy I just met.

[ Jai's friend smiles at her. ]

TRAILYN: Maybe you'll know each
better in the closet.
MAIRYA: Gross.

[ She stands up pointing at Jai
& Trailyn. ]

MAIRYA: You two are the smart
ones.  Can't you come up with
something more interesting?

[ She leaves.  Trailyn notices
Jai is staring at her.  He comes
over & sits down. ]

JAI: I didn't think it was such
a bad idea.

[ All it took from then was a slight
smile & Jai was moving in for
the kiss.  As Trailyn starts to
close her eyes the front door
flies open. 

Kiilyn, Chais, & Billy enter. ]


SCENE SIX :
Outside the apartments.

[ LeeVigh & Tessa are talking. ]

TESSA: I'm guessing you weren't
able to save your job.

LEEVIGH: Come on Tess, I don't
want to argue on my last night
here.  I thought you understood
me taking these nine weeks
off.
TESSA: What you said the other
night, what happened to that?

LEEVIGH: My focus is still us.  Our
lease will be up in a few months
and then I'll move out.  

[ She doesn't say anything for a
minute, coming into his sight
line Tessa softens. ]

TESSA: We'll see what happens.  

[ Meanwhile inside, Stuu finally
arrives. ]

WEIS: You sure you wanna drive us
to Maison?  You've been running
around all day.
STUU: Yeah I'm fine.  Just give me
a second.  

[ Weis joins Leevigh in the car while
Stuu sits down opening a letter. ]

"Dear Donor,
We're writing to inform you of an
unusual circumstance that has taken
place with your case.  For reason's
that have been witheld the birth
mom has not been able to care
for the baby girl that was birth
a couple months ago.

For now the child is in adoption."

[ Stuu face turns a pale white as
the paper falls to the floor. ]

SCENE SEVEN :
Still at the Audition.

[ After sorting through the groups,
Zain is directed into a quiet room
with one camera where is he is
instructed to talk for five minutes. ]

ZAIN: I think that I am most often
misunderstood.  Sometimes I use
costumes to bring out my inner
self which I find it hard to express
any other way.

VOICE: Is there any other ways you
like to express yourself through
your attire?

ZAIN: Yes.

[ Zain growls at the camera. ]

ZAIN: You know what that means.
VOICE: Thank you for your audition
today Zain.  You are free to leave.

[ Zain is waiting in the parking lot
when he hears Joh honking his
horn behind him. ]

JOH: How it'd go?
ZAIN: Well I kind of got carried
away, I think they could tell
it wasn't all true.  Oh well man.

At least I tried. 


SCENE EIGHT :
Monica's living room.

[ Billy & Chais are carrying
paper bags and they run up-
stairs while Kiilyn walks over
to the couch. ]

KIILYN: What man?  You think
you can just kiss my sister?

[ He tries to keep a straight
face but insteads burst into
laughter. ]

TRAILYN: Get out of here.
KIILYN: I'm just playing.  I'll be
in my room.

[ Chais comes downstairs. ]

CHAIS: H brought someone.
I seen him from upstairs.
TRAILYN: Yeah I knew that
nosy.  So?

[ He walks over to the front
window, peering through the
blind. ]

CHAIS: Did you also tell him he
could mack on some guy right
on the patio?

[ She comes over fast. ]

TRAILYN: That's not just some
guy.  Im pretty sure. . . . . .

 It's Caleb.



No comments:

Post a Comment