October 16, 2015

Whole New World: Part 1

SCENE ONE :
Inside a hotel room, some-
where on the East coast.

[ Zain hangs up the desk
phone & joins Joh who is
sitting at the table, eating
his Italian room service. ]

ZAIN: Ski screamed in my ear
so I gather he got the point.

[ Joh looks up, smiling as
he bites into a breadstick. ]

JOH: What did you tell him?   
ZAIN: I just said all I can
say is I'll be gone awhile.  You
think they might be listening
in on us?
JOH: I mean, the windows are
blacked out, and there's a look
out by the stairs so I wouldn't
put it past them.  

[ Zain gets up; trying to get
a look through the glass
but fails. ]

ZAIN: This is wild.  We don't
even know where we are really.
JOH: I'm guessing it's some place
tropical from the sounds outside.

Where do you think, dude?

[ He waits, but Zain doesn't answer. ]

JOH: Something wrong?
ZAIN: Yeah, just starting to get
a little nervous all of a sudden.
JOH: We have all night. Let's
just eat, chill and pretend like 
we're back home for awhile.

ZAIN: That sounds good.  Cool.

[ He returns to his meal. ]


SCENE TWO:
A few hours later, at Lorenzo's.

[ Madeline enters the living room,
takes off her shoes, and sits 
down on the sofa.  She keeps 
quiet. ]

"We're they that bad today?"

MADELINE: No.  I've got use to the 
filty behavior.  The lower pay is
the problem now.  

LORENZO: I'm sorry babe.  In a few
months you'll be legit here and
you can do whatever you want.
MADELINE: I don't know about
that but thanks.

[ She leans on Lorenzo & they
wrap up together. ]

LORENZO: You still have this week-
end off right?
MADELINE: Yes.
LORENZO: Good because we're going
away.  To Berlin.
MADELINE: That's funny.

[ Lorenzo grabs the plane tickets
out of his pocket & Madeline
is stunned.

She can't help the forming tears
in her eyes. ]

LORENZO: I've been saving up.

I know how much you miss your
family. 


SCENE THREE :
Back in the Unknown.

[ Zain & Joh are gathering their
stuff when there's a knock on
the door.  ]

"I guess this is it."

JOH: Just remember what I said.
Be yourself.

And you look very nice.

[ He gives Zain a weird look. ]

ZAIN: Get out of here.

[ He leaves & Zain starts to laugh.
Suddenly a tall, bulky man appears
in the doorway. ]

"Come on."


[ Minutes pass by & he is sitting 
alone.  Sounds are cancelled by
headphones & blindfolded. 

They come to a stop & the door
opens.  Zain can feel someone
near him. ]

"Don't speak" 

[ Thinking, Zain counts in his
head as this process continues
over & over. ]

"TEN"


SCENE FOUR :
That night, at Mark & Ski's.

[ Mark, Ski, Chais, Jenni, &
Billy are sitting in the living
room watching television. ]

MARK: So what are we watching?
SKI: Some new competition show.
Suppose to be good.

[ He holds back, freaking out 
a little inside. ]

CHAIS: Coming from you that
probably means the opposite.
JENNI: I don't think he asked
for your opinion.
BILLY: Damn.

[ She hits him with a piece of
popcorn in the face. ]

[ The shows starts then, as a
male presenter is seen onstage
behind a massive castle & bridge.

He explains the concept of the
show with a large crowd being
shown in the background. ]

"Each week there will be a
challenge.  Each week there
will be a vote.  And every
week someone will go."

[ Everyone continues to watch as
the contestants are introduced
one-by-one.  Ski's stomach is
in knots until the last guy 
comes on screen. ]


SCENE FIVE :
Inside the Airport.

[ Madeline is talking to her friend
on the phone. ]

MADELINE: I'm serious. He just
told me tonight.

SUNSHINE: Well I happy for you.
Your mom's going to love Renzo.
When do you board?
MADELINE: About twenty minutes.
I think he's a little nervous
about the flight but he
wont say anything.

SUNSHINE: I see. Is it his first time?
MADELINE: Yes.

[ She looks over & sees Lorenzo
sitting down.  Sipping on his
coffee. ]

MADELINE: Well I better go reassure
him.  I'll let you know when I get
there.
SUNSHINE: Be safe and tell everyone
I said hello.
MADELINE: I will.  Bye.

[ She returns just as travelers start
toward the plane. ]


SCENE SIX :
Inside TV world.

"What do you think you'll
bring to this first series of
Castle Watch?"

JAZPUR: I can be very per-
suasive when I wanna be.

And when it comes to
competition.  Sorry but no
ones gonna stop me.  

[ The presenter motions for
him to walk inside as a mix
of cheers and boos are heard
from the crowd. ]

"And finally.  Our last contestant.
Zain"

[ They pan toward a screen
where Zain is shown answering
questions about himself."

"I'm just a down to earth. Normal
guy.  Yeah right."

[ Zain slowly walks out, looking
up & trying not to stare at the
faces.  Soon he is caught up
in the moment, posing & waving
for the people.

He turns around one last time
before crossing the bridge into
the castle. ]


SCENE SEVEN :
Meawhile, in the air. 

[ Madeline is talking to Lorenzo
about places they should visit
in Germany. ]

"This is a big step in our relation-
ship."

MADELINE: I know.  Don't be con-
cerned.  You should fit right into
my family.

[ She notices his strained ex-
pression. ]

LORENZO: It's not that but I swear
I just felt moving under me.
MADELINE: I'm sure it's nothing
or they would have told us.

Light turbulance, I'm guessing.

"Attention guests.  We will be
landing in about 15 minutes."

LORENZO: That was fast.
MADELINE: Way too much I'm
afraid. There's no way we're
close.

[ She waves over a flight attendant. ]

MADELINE: Why are we landing?
ATTENDANT: Not sure.  I believe
we're switching planes.  Please
just stay seated.

[ Lorenzo looks at Madeline as the
girl hurries off toward the front. ]

No comments:

Post a Comment