November 13, 2015

Day In The Life

SCENE ONE:
Morning, inside The Aisles.

[ Mark is at his desk while
Brian is sat facing him. ]

MARK: I just brought you in
to tell you I think you're
doing a great job.

Always stay on task and
being an example. 

BRIAN: Thank you.  I heard
they're putting in Salons in
every Aisles next year.  
MARK: That's true.  Acer will
have some part in it too.  Not
sure the details yet.  
BRIAN: Must be excited.  I wish
I was at the level that you two
are.
MARK: You will be.  One day.

[ A static like noise cuts into their
conversation. ]

BRIAN: What was that sound?
MARK: It just the voice systems
I talk to the manager through.
Although they normally don't
leave them on.

[ Meanwhile downstairs, Ricky
is overheard talking to his meat
assistant. ]

RICKY: Alright.  I need the time
off for an operation.


SCENE TWO:
Afternoon, at Amber & Dyminic's.

[ Dyminic appears in the kitchen.
Amber is sitting at the table, look-
ing through papers. ]

"Anything I can help with?"

AMBER: Just going over the list
one more time before I send
out the invitations.
DYMINIC: Did we get enough?
AMBER: There was extra.  I can't
believe some of my family won't
get into the double wedding.  
DYMINIC: I think it's creative but
if there's a problem, they can
always decline.
AMBER: Or we could just not
invite them at all.
DYMINIC: That works.  All that
matters to me is that I can
look into your eyes and tell
you how much I love you.

[ Amber finally stops & focuses
on her fiance staring at her. ]

"Come here."

[ They get closer with a kiss. ]

AMBER: Shoot.  I have to get
ready for work. We'll continue
this later.  I promise.


SCENE THREE:
Back at the store.

[ Mark sees a break at the meat
counter & takes the opportunity
to chat with Ricky. ]

"Hey, how's it going?"

[ Ricky looks up & gives a quick
smile.  Mark follows him into
the back prep room. ]

MARK: You seem to be acting
a bit differently lately.  And
you know me, I like to check
up on people.  
RICKY: I'm doing fine really.  I
just need to ask for a few weeks
off in about a month from now.

MARK: Not to pry but it's not
anything serious, right?

[ He leans in more, showing concern
& Ricky backs up a little. ]

RICKY: No no.  Very minor.  I'll
just need to take it easy after.
Trust me, if I could be back
sooner I would.

[ Ricky smiles again but Mark is still
questioning. ]


SCENE FOUR:

[ Amber is seen walking into the
store.  She sees Mark standing by
checkout & walks over to him. ]

"Afternoon."

MARK: Hey right on time.  I see
this wedding thing hasn't taken
over your life like it seems to
have done to Ski.  Groomzilla.

[ Mark starts to laugh. ]

AMBER: Are you kidding me? 

Work is the only time I don't
have to think about it.  It's
a relief.

[ They look around ironically at
their store full of customers.


Back of TA, Scott is 
walking into the back produce
area & nearly bumps into his
manager. ]

SCOTT: Hey.  Sorry about that.

[ She balances her tray & sets it
down on the counter.  Lifting off
the cover, Scott is in awe of what
he sees. ]

SCOTT: You made that?
LISA: I did.  Our produce.  It
bites.  No it's for a teenager's
birthday party.  The parents
want to focus on healthier
eating.
SCOTT: Sucks for the kid.
LISA: I know.  So is it too much?
Should I add anything to it?

SCOTT: You should probably
get rid of the candy fish.
Maybe you could cut them
out of melons instead.
LISA: That's a great idea.
Thanks Scott.

SCOTT: No problem.


SCENE FIVE:
Much later, Mark & Ski's.

[ Mark enters in through his garage
quietly expecting to surprise his
fiance.

He hears voices in the living room
& stops by the entrance. ]

JAI: If we want any chance of 
doing things, it will have to
be here.
TRAILYN: I know.  My mom would
freak out.
JAI: Not to mention your brother.
Well we can talk about it later.

Ski's just in the other room.

[ He pauses.  Mark composes himself
& walks in. ]

JAI: Oh hey Dad.
TRAILYN: Hi Mark.

[ Mark is stunned out of speech
as they wait. ]

JAI: Whats up?
MARK: Nothing.  Is Ski home?
JAI: He's in your room.

[ Mark leaves, not saying any-
thing else. ]


SCENE SIX:
Late night, The Aisles.

[ Things are calming down for
the night & Amber takes a few
minutes to step outside.

She removes her phone to
dial her voicemail. ]

"Sorry we haven't been able
to contact you through calls
but we needed to tell you
as soon as possible.

Unfortunately we are not able
to take both parties at the
same time.  I'm sorry for the
inconvenience but do call back
if you wish to schedule one
at a different time."

[ The call ends. ]



( CLICK THE PICTURE FOR MIXED UP: TRAILER )



No comments:

Post a Comment