November 28, 2015

Odd Little ' i '


SCENE ONE :
Morning, All Hours Fitness.

[ Kyle & Sunshine are returning
mats & surveying the area after
their broga class. 

A few clients are talking in 
the background. ]

"Next time you want me
to take over it would be
nice to have a little warning."

[ Sunshine pokes fun at Kyle
who is using a towel as a
cover for his head. ]

KYLE: Sorry.  I know I haven't
been my usual, expressive
self today.  
SUNSHINE: Is anything going
on you wanna talk about?
KYLE: No.  I mean, not in
particular.  I should be
better by the afternoon.

I think I'll go on a run.
Clear my head a little.

[ They separate to head to
their lockers. ]

SUNSHINE: See you later
then.  Take it easy.

[ Kyle grabs his bag, throwing it
around both shoulders.  Opening
the gym door, he feels the crisp
air hit his face.

He zips up his jacket & takes
off, running down the road. ]


SCENE TWO :
Inside The Aisles.

[ Kristyn is ending her break &
heading to floral but takes
some time to have a talk
with Syria. ]

KRISTYN: So there's something
I was meaning to ask you about.
SYRIA: Go ahead.  I'm listening
hun.

KRISTYN: I know you and Dym-
inic are acquaintances but how
do you really feel about him
marrying Amber in a few weeks.

[ She looks at Syria, waiting. ]

SYRIA: Honestly, I'm totally fine
with it.  Me & Hahn are even
going to go.  We'll be sitting
on Mark & Ski's side though.

[ Syria looks mischievous &
Kristyn catches on. ]

KRISTYN: Yeah I figured.
SYRIA: Anyway I'm more con-
cerned for Amber.
KRISTYN: How come?

SYRIA: In our case, Dime proved
to have two different person-
alities.  The one you're dating
isn't the one you marry unfor-
tunately.  

[ Kristyn walks away curious. ] 


SCENE THREE :

[ Two full miles later, Kyle finally
takes a rest.  Taking a few long
gulps out his bottle, he walks onto
a grassy area filled with colorful
leaves.

He feels the urge to run back
but presses on as he spots a
familiar name on the ground
below him. ]




"Party" Marty Ramos

"Hey.  Sorry it took me over a
year to get up enough strength
to do this."

KYLE: Truthfully I'm not sure
where you are buddy or if
you can even hear me.  I know
everyone keeps saying you are
in a better place.

I just hope your happy and
I miss you.

[ Kyle feels a sudden weakness
come over him, & he goes to
kneel down instead. ]

KYLE: Since I left the club life
I haven't looked back.  Monica's
great.  The kids are good and
my career is blowing up at the
gym.

Oh, and Amber's getting married
in a few weeks.  

[ He stops, thinking for a moment
& stands up.]

KYLE: What am I doing?  I probably
sound like a complete idiot.


SCENE FOUR :
Later at TA.

[ Supervisor Airynn and stock guy
Brian are talking in the center
aisle. ]

"I'm telling you dude.  I looked up
the name on the bottle."

BRIAN: You sure you even read it
correctly?  I mean, you are not
the best speller.

AIRYNN: I wrote it down off the
label, genius!
BRIAN: Well forget about it.  If
Ricky wanted people to know,
I'm sure he would have said
something by now.

It's no big deal either way.

[ Airynn gives him a look when
Kristyn arrives from around the
corner. ]

KRISTYN: How's it going?

[ They are silenced, wondering
if she heard. ]

AIRYNN: Just fine.  And you?
KRISTYN: Good. 

[ They head to the back while
Kristyn walks over to meat
counter, trying not to be 
seen. ]


SCENE FIVE :
Late afternoon, the Salon.

[ Acer shuts his door while
Kyle is sitting at his desk 
with his head down. ]

"I tried to go see him but
it just made me feel worse."

ACE: Don't worry about it man.
Not everyone deals with things
in the same way.  This turned
out to not be your thing.

[ Ace sits down worried while
his friend grabs a tissue to 
wipe his eyes.

A second of silence passes
& is interrupted by Kyle
sneezing.  Acer smiles. ]

KYLE: I can't believe I'm
sitting here crying in your
office.

[ He starts to laugh a little. ]

ACE: You're fine.  I won't
say anything you know that.
KYLE: I've just been so busy
it's been put in the back of
my mind.  That sounds bad,
doesn't it?

[ Ace shakes his head, giv-
ing Kyle some minor relief. ]


SCENE SIX :
That night, at Kristyn's.

[ Kristyn & Hithe are lying on
the couch watching a movie. ]

KRISTYN: I wonder what it
must feel like to be one way
on the outside and completely
different inside.

[ Hithe makes a confused face. ]

HITHE: Are we watching the
same movie?
KRISTYN: Yes babe.  Just some-
thing I've been pondering on
today.  
HITHE: Well I don't know from
experience but I imagine it
would be quite hard.

KRISTYN: Yeah I bet.

[ She looks down but then brightens
up, climbing on top of Hithe. ]

HITHE: Hello.

[ They start kissing, ignoring the
movie entirely. ]



( CLICK THE PICTURE FOR WARNINGS&GLITTER: TRAILER )

No comments:

Post a Comment