December 4, 2015

Fallen Rise: Part 1 & 2 (A Tetralogy)

SCENE ONE :
Saturday afternoon, TA.

[ Jenni is standing at the end
of her checkout lane when Jai 
comes in from getting carts. ]

JENNI: Tell me the time has
magically skipped from 2 to 3
I have essays that are calling
my name.
JAI: Nope sorry it's only been
fifteen minutes.  At least
Chais is on his way to get
us.

[ She brightens up a tad when a
customer with a full cart comes
toward her.  Jai gets ready.

About an hour later, they are
'skipping' out the front door. ]

"Hey! Don't run away now."

[ Jenni sees Chais & Billy getting
out of her parked car after Caleb
who is trying to get inside. 

Chais grabs his shoulder and
turns him around. ]

CHAIS: You had plenty to say
on the way over here.
JENNI: I told you to give him a
ride.  What is this?

[ They ignore her, continuing to taunt. ]

BILLY: Someone can't keep their
lips to themselves.
CALEB: It was a mistake.  I don't
even like girls.  

CHAIS: First Mairya.  Then H.  You just
enjoy messing with people.  You're a
poser and only with H because
 he pays you some attention. 

[ Caleb gets a little closer, raising his
sullen deep voice. ]

CALEB: I'll pay you to fuck off
and mind you're own business!


SCENE TWO :
Outside Mirror TA location.

[ Acer, Sascha, & Jeszyca are
walking toward the entrance. ]

"Thanks for coming along."

JESZYCA: You're kidding? This is
exciting.  We'll meet up with
the training class okay.
ACE: Alright cool.  I'm going
to go find management.

[ Later inside, Acer approaches
a group of execs who are talk-
ing inside of an empty check in
area. ]

"We want to make sure there's
enough room for the self-check
in station."

[ Before thinking, Acer interjects. ]

ACE: That's good.  Are you certain
you want the desk to be so far
back?  It's better if you can
see it from the window.

[ The execs start to nod, letting
the idea sink in & Acer starts to 
smile not noticing the manager's 
icy expression.

A few minutes later, Acer is
talking to him. ]

ACE: So when do think you'll be
open?

MANAGER: In January.  Thanks
for helping out today.  But rem-
ember.  You're here to assist 
not make shitty suggestions.

[ He leaves for his office. ]


SCENE THREE :
Meanwhile, at the Castle.

[ Zain & Jazpur are sitting in
the living room. ]

"I can't believe we've been in
this house for almost two
months."

ZAIN: Yeah, I've gotten use to
it.  When this is all over, I
don't know what I'm going to
do.
JAZPUR: You'll go back home.
You have a whole team of
people waiting for you there.

[ Jazpur gets quiet as Mari comes
in with another male & female
contestant. ]

JAZPUR: Look it's Mari & her loyal,
brainwashed disciples.

[ They watch as the girl sits down
& the guy is all over Mari. ]

ZAIN: Imagine if we left and it was
down to just those two.

[ He points to Mari who is kissing
the male. ]

JAZPUR: I wouldn't worry about it.
People will see right through her.

Anyway, time to be social.

[ He hands quotes the last word
before walking toward the
gathered group. ]


SCENE FOUR :
Back Outside The Aisles.

CHAIS: You hurt my little brother.

[ Chais quickly holds onto Caleb's
shirt collar, pushing him to the
ground. ]

That is my business.

"Chais!"

[ Jai pulls Chais off while Caleb
sits up, hands on head. Little H
runs over from the Salon & stands
near Caleb. ]

LITTLE H: What is going on out
here?
CALEB: It's nothing.

[ H tries to take his hand off but
Caleb runs off in the other dir-
ection. ]

CHAIS: And stay clear of my Dad's!

[ Chais shouts after him while
everyone except H gets into the
car.  Confused, he follows after
them. ]


SCENE FIVE :
Still at Mirror Salon.

[ Jeszyca notices Acer sprinting
toward the exit. ]

"What are you doing?  We still
have another hour or two."

ACE: Then I'll wait in the car.

They don't appreciate me
being here anyway.

[ He starts again but Jeszyca
stands in front of him ]

ACE: Stand back or I'll drag
you with me.

[ He states with a stern face
but can't help but laugh. ]

JESZYCA: Come on.  It was
just one cocky manager.  You
were asked to come here by
the owners.
ACE: I know. I know.

JESZYCA: Then go back in
there and show them why
we're here.  


SCENE SIX :
Produce Dept, Our TA.

[ Scott has just arrived at work
& looking over the area for things
to fill when his manager sneaks
up behind him. ]

"Hey."

[ Scott turns around a little shaken. ]

SCOTT: Crap.  Don't do that.  And
I thought you were off today.

LISA: I traded my days so I could
be here with you.

[ Scott takes her words for a tease. ]

LISA: I see you eyeing the baby
carrots a little hard.  Is there some
particular reason?

[ He looks away as the color drains
from his face. ]

SCOTT: What?  I wasn't.

[ Lisa leaves him, smiling & shaking
her head.  Later they are both
inside the prep room. ]

SCOTT: Okay there is a story.  See I
like carrots but not for eating.
LISA: What do you mean?

SCOTT: I like to use them for.
LISA: Yes spit it out.

SCOTT: Pleasure.


SCENE SEVEN :

[ Everyone is in the living room
at Mark & Ski's except Caleb. ]

LITTLE H: Thanks a lot.  Now he
isn't answering me either.

[ Jenni gets up, leaving Chais
sitting alone. ]

JENNI: I told you you were 
too rough on him.
CHAIS: Please.  Me and Jai
have gotten into worse play
fights then that.  He should
suck it up.

BILLY: So man, he's not Jai.
Not everyone takes things the
same way.
CHAIS: I did H a favor okay
and I'm not going to listen
to this crap anymore.

[ Chais walks out & goes into
his room. ]

JENNI: Just give him a night
H.  I'm sure he will get a hold
of you in the morning.


SCENE EIGHT :
Late night, at Acer's.

[ Acer & Mark are enjoying a
beer in the living room. ]

"Should I even ask?"

ACE: You mean you didn't
catch the drift with my I
need to drink asap text.
MARK: The execs are killer
I tell ya.  Invite you to some-
thing and then slay your ass
in the process.

ACE: It wasn't them though.
It was the manager.
MARK: Oh really, what did 
he say?
ACE: You're not here to make
shit suggestions or some gar
-bage.

[ He takes a long gulp of his
beer. ]

MARK: Wow, you don't say.
ACE: I'm sorry but I thought
that's exactly why I was
here.  Well minus the shitty
part.  
MARK: So what did you do?

ACE: I went back in and
kept making them. One after
another, after another. 
MARK: That's my boy.

[ They toast their beers. ]




SCENE ONE :
About a week later.

[ Acer & Jeszyca are venturing out
to another Salon.  This time across
town in Magic Springs. ]

"Here we go again?"

ACE: Hopefully there's no oppos-
ition like we had to deal with the
last time.

[ He sighs as they are greeted
by a tall, female manager. ]

"Good morning."

[ Acer & Jeszyca reply while the
woman shakes both their hands,
keeping her eyes on Acer. ]

"Were having a meeting in a few.
I look forward to working closely
with you."

[ The managers smiles taking her
time walking back into the
store. ]

JESZYCA: Yeah, I don't think you're
going to have that problem this 
time.

ACE: Ohhh boy.

[ They follow her inside. ]


SCENE TWO :
Inside Mark & Ski's.

[ Jenni, Chais, Little H, Mairya,
Trailyn, Jai & Billy are sitting in
the living room. ]

"He finally answered."

JENNI: You don't sound too 
happy about that.

[ Chais & Billy are playing video
games & not paying attention. ]

LITTLE H: He sent me a text
that said he was going to stay
away.  He didn't want to piss
anyone else off.
JAI: Look, it's your relationship.
Don't let my brother get in
the way.

TRAILYN: Yeah, if you want
to see Caleb still. Then tell
him.

[ Everyone agrees.  Mairya is
even encouraging him.  He
walks outside & dials on his
phone. ]

LITTLE H: Please call me back.

I just want to talk.


SCENE THREE :
Same place, much later.

[ Ski, Mark, Dyminic, & Amber
are in the kitchen with their
wine glasses waiting to take
the first sip. ]

"Rehearsal out of the way.
Now all we have left is
the real thing."

[ Ski has a big grin on his face. ]

DYMINIC: I'm still in awe that you
two put this whole double wed-
ding together.
AMBER: Told you we didn't need
a planner.  I'm kind of sad that
it will all be over in a couple
weeks.

SKI: You won't be the first time you
wake up being Mrs. Jones.  

Or me Mr. Simon.

[ He looks over at Mark. Later on,
everyone has dispersed into other
rooms except Ski who is now joined
by his groomsman Larrie. ]

"Are we still set for downstairs
at ten?"

SKI: Yeah.  Can you believe we're
going to see Zain soon. I can't
wait.
LARRIE: I love you like a brother
but aren't you being a little naive.

[ Ski doesn't speak just drinks from
his glass. ]

LARRIE: Whatever outcome tonight.

I'm pretty sure Zain isn't coming
back. 


SCENE FOUR :
Earlier, back at the Salon.

[ Ace is slowly being guided
into a small, room with only
a chair & a desk inside. ]

"Something tells me we're
not suppose to be in here."

MANAGER: Shhh. We don't
want anyone to hear and try
to interceed.

[ She backs Acer up against
the wall and plants her firm
lipsticked lips onto his ]

ACER: Whoa.  Are you sure
you want to do this now?

[ The manager replies by splitting
open his sports jacket, causing
the buttons to fly everywhere.

Acer just stands in surprise. ]

MANAGER: Yes.

[ She simply whispers in his ear
as Acer continues, wrapped up
in her madness. ]


SCENE FIVE :
At a nearby ice cream shop.

[ While the adults are partying &
the boys are busy.  Mairya, Trai-
lyn, & Jenni have snuck off. ]

"How long do you think it will
take them to realize we're
gone?"

[ Mairya licks her vanilla cone. ]

TRAILYN: Awhile.  So let's
enjoy it.

JENNI: Not to be a downer but
I'm really concerned about
Little H.  Hope Chais' anger
didn't ruin things for him.

[ Mairya looks away. ]

TRAILYN: I think they'll be
fine.  H is like his savior.

Caleb will get lonely and
come crawling back any
day now.
MAIRYA: Yeah so anyway. 

JENNI: The way Chais acted
though.

It was like he was a different
person.  He doesn't usually
flip out like that.  
TRAILYN: True.  It's normally
Jai.  Chais is the calm one.

JENNI: Oh well.  Everyone
ready?  We have to get back
before Castle Watch starts.


SCENE SIX : 

[ After Mari's boyfriend, then trusted
sidekick has left, they are down to
the last three contestants.

Silently they sit at the dining room
table waiting for the results until 
Zain breaks the silence. ]

"Doesn't anyone have anything
to say?"

JAZPUR: Sure.  Why don't we guess
how long it's going to take before
Mari dumps Chris?
Considering he didn't win like she
thought.

[ Mari stands up, facing them both. ]

MARI: I've never said that.  I had
no idea who would win.

[ They are both stopped by the noise
of the crowd.  Soon the host is about
to say who has come in first place. ]

ZAIN: Good luck.

"In 3rd place is Mari."

[ Zain is in complete shock as he
stands frozen watching her leave. 

Minutes later, It's down to Zain & 
Jazpur. ]

"The people have voted for a week.

The winner of Castle Watch 1 and
the 75,000 prize is . . . . . .


Jazpur."

[ They stand up.  Jazpur grabs a hold
of Zain, giving him a long hug before
letting him break away to exit the
castle. ]


SCENE SEVEN :
The next day, our Salon.

[ Acer is walking through the front
when Lorenzo comes out applauding
him while Jeszyca smiles from behind
the desk. ]

"What is everyone's deal?"

JESZYCA: They know.

[ Ace looks away, adjusting his tie. ]

ACE: Know what.  Sorry I was late.
I had to stop off at the location
across town.
LORENZO: Uh huh.  For a morn-
ning piece I would imagine.

You're sweating bro and you
come in fixing your clothes.

ACE: Alright, alright.  It's her
store and she initiated it
all though.

[ Lorenzo shakes his head, walking
off with a smirk. ]

ACE: I swear.

[ He turns around to face Jeszyca. ]

ACE: I know what you're going
to say already.  I'll be careful.

[ He leaves for his office. ]


SCENE EIGHT :
Meanwhile, Mark & Ski's.

[ Jai wakes up & hears his email
sound going off on his phone.

He turns over to read it. ]

"Secret Prep School Party:
Invite Only.  This Friday
Night.  

Come in by the back little
hallway."

JAI: That's weird.

[ Walking out into the kitchen, he
sees Chais & Billy eating cereal
at the table. ]

JAI: Did any of you get this email?
CHAIS: My phone is dead.

[ Billy turns his on. ]

BILLY: I did.  See.

[ Trailyn & Mairya join them. ]

TRAILYN: Guys.  There's this.

JAI: Secret party?  Yeah we've
heard.

It's obviously fake. No way some-
one could get away with that
without supervision.  Let's just
ignore it.  

( CLICK THE PICTURE FOR PART 3 IS ?: TRAILER )


No comments:

Post a Comment