December 11, 2015

Fallen Rise: Part 3 (A Tetralogy)

SCENE ONE :
Downtown, The Texi Mex.

[ Ski, his best man Hithe, &
groomsmen Larrie, Weis, &
Mark's brother Josh are 
eyeing over their menus. ]

"I think you picked the worst
place to eat before going 
out all night drinking."

[ Everyone looks up at Weis. ]

SKI: That's why we left a day
in between the wedding.
LARRIE: Good idea.  Gives
you some time to recover.
JOSH: I'm guessing that came
straight out of Mark's mouth.

[ Ski smiles, not seeing the 
stares that are coming at him
from across the table. ]

SKI: I'm ready when you are.

[ He puts down his menu. A few 
minutes later, a blonde wait-
ress in loud shoes saunters up
to the table. ]

JOSH: Can we get some beers
all around to start with?

[ He nods at the girl, pressing
out his lips while the guys
watch. ]

JOSH: Whatever you suggest
will be fine.  Thanks gorgeous.

[ She walks away. ]

JOSH: I'll have her number by
the end of the meal, just wait.
HITHE: Spoken like a true Simon.


SCENE TWO :
Magic Springs Prep School.

[ Trailyn, Jai, Kiilyn, Mairya,
Billy, Chais, & Little H arrive at 
the school.  After Chais parks,
they start walking toward
the back door. ]

"It's suppose to be open."

[ Everyone follows Jai & Trailyn,
walking slowly down the hall. ]

TRAILYN: I don't hear any music
and no ones here.
JAI: I know it's weird.  There
was all these responses online.

CHAIS: Well I at least want to
know who wasted our fucking
time.  

[ He picks up his speed toward
the Science classroom.  

They all enter into a barely lit
area as the door unknowlingly
locks behind them. ]

MAIRYA: Guys. Someone's there.

[ She points to a masked man
who is sitting down in front of
the room.  He immediately starts
to yell. ]

"Face the wall.  Hands in the air."

[ They all obey while Little H turns
around a little trying to get a peak
at the stranger. ]

"No one talk.  Just listen."

[ He walks down the line, making
sure everyone is looking in the
opposite direction. ]

"Just so you know I'm serious."

[ Shaking, he brings his hand up
up & points the gun at a statue.
They are stunned as it shatters
into pieces all around them. ]


SCENE THREE :
Later, at their 1st bar.

[ Hithe, Weis, & Larrie are all
out on the dance floor while
Ski is taking a break, leaning
up against the wall.

Josh comes over to him. ]

"Why are you so quiet?"

SKI: Just thinking.  With all
this planning and stuff.  This
is the first time I've had a 
moment to myself.
JOSH: I understand.  And
Mark isn't the easy person
to get along with.

[ Ski looks up at Josh. ]

SKI: What do you mean?
JOSH: Well you know, he
has some annoying habits.
And he always wants to
be right.  Anyway.

[ He hands Ski a shot off
the table next to him. ]

"After you."

[ After inhaling the liquor, Josh
leads Ski out on the dance 
floor.  The guys look on as he
starts to get a little too close. ]


SCENE FOUR :
Back in the classroom.

"It's Caleb"

[ Little H whispers over to
Chais who face is swept with
anger. ]

CHAIS: We know who is doing
this.  We're not dumb and 
when people find out.  You
will be screwed.

"I said. No talking.  All I am
is this huge problem to you.
My parents don't even know
I exist anymore.

Well if I'm no longer around.
Guess what?  Problem solved."

[ Little H hits the wall while
Mairya starts to cry.  Trailyn
speaks up.  ]

TRAILYN: Please don't do this.
KIILYN: Yeah man, it's not the
right way.

[ Jai stands there, shaken. ]

"I've made up my mind already."

[ In that moment, complete silence
is challenged by the sound of the
gun going off.  Everyone stands
there, too panicked to move. ]


SCENE FIVE :

[ Weis, Hithe, & Larrie are watch-
ing as Josh drunkingly moves
about over the dance floor. 

Ski is trailing behind him, trying
to avoid attention. ]

"Dude chill out."

JOSH: Sorry man. 

[ He stops dancing & faces Ski. ]

SKI: It's cool, I just don't want
to be kicked out of here.  
JOSH: You know I've never really
had a girlfriend.

SKI: You're joking.  As much as
you talk about woman.
JOSH: I'm serious.  Not one.  I
just sat back while my older
brothers got all the dates.
SKI: That really sucks. I'm
sorry.

[ He looks away but Josh hasn't
taken his glance off him. ]

"Let's go sit down."

[ Ski & Josh retreat to a back
bench by the bathroom.  Before
Ski can say anything, Josh is
leaning over him, eyes glazed.

He closes his eyes and starts
to move toward Ski. ]


SCENE SIX :

[ Scared, no one wants to turn
around until Little H finally gains
the courage.



He sees Caleb sitting on the
ground with the gun off to
the side.  H sits next to him
& he starts to cry.  One by
one everyone turns around. ]

LITTLE H: It's okay.  It's okay.

CHAIS: Where did you get a
gun from?

[ He comes over & the rest
stay back. ]

CALEB: I just found it, I swear.
I wasn't going to hurt any
of you.

[ He states, barely choking out
the words.]

TRAILYN: I believe him.

[ Trailyn & Mairya come over. ]

JAI: This is a little messed up
guys I'm sorry.  We're just going
to let it go.

[ He looks over at everyone
& the expression on Caleb's
face. ]

CHAIS: We need to agree.  Just
put the gun back wherever you
found it and we'll keep our mouths
shut. Okay?

[ Everyone agrees.  Caleb unlocks
the door & they leave. ]



No comments:

Post a Comment