December 10, 2018

This Is Hush

( Starring Amber/ Landyn )


Breakroom, at TheAisles.

[ Amber & Monica are sitting
close watching what appears to
be a video on Amber's phone.

Kristyn walks in as they are
smiling and gushing over the
view. ]

"Are you two using the security
cam app to spy on hot male
customers again?"

AMBER: Of course not. I mean,
who even still does that?

[ Kristyn sits down next to Monica
whose sly silence says it all. ]

MONICA: No one at all.

AMBER: We're actually monitoring
Diber over at Care.
KRISTYN: Really? I didn't know they
had that.
MONICA: They have everything and
more.  You know Mark and his con-
stant flow of "ideas".

[  Amber moves her phone so Kristyn
can see it. ]

AMBER: All I have to do is sign in.

Not only can I see what room he's
in but I can also click it to view
live video.

See. Right now he's in the activity
room.
KRISTYN: Oh yeah.  There's Jenni.

Awe that's sweet.

[ They see a baby girl sitting near
him & Jenni on the floor playing.

She takes his hand then leans
down, giving Diber a peck on
the mouth. ]

AMBER: That was so cute.  I'm going
to send it in a clip to Dyme.

[ Kristyn looks surprised. ]

Yes. You can do that too. Oh wait.
He just text me.  That's weird at
this hour.

"Call me when you get a chance."


Upstairs, Mark's office.

[ Landyn sits across from him.
Wide eyed & in good spirits as
Mark is noticeably dragging off
of the events of last night. ]

MARK: Before we start shooting
scenes I need to go over some
things with you.

LANDYN: Right.  I figured we
weren't doing a normal ad
thing. That would make life
way too easy for me.

[ Landyn states while Mark shovels
in massive gulps from his paper
coffee cup. 

He starts to smirk. ]

MARK: Not exactly.  We've decided
to go in a different direction to
set us apart from the other big
food store ads.

Take a look at this.

[ He hands Landyn a sheet with
marked changes when his phone
starts to ring.

He quickly silences it but then he
gets a text. ]

"I'm here.  Can we talk quick?"

MARK: Must be important.

[ Landyn shows him Caleb's
message. ]

MARK: We have time. Go on down.

[ Landyn leaves for downstairs
unaware that Mark already has
a clue of what's going on. 

He walks out into the back employee
only lot, throws on his shades & 
joins Caleb inside his car. ]

CALEB: I'm not sure how to
start this so I'll just come
right out with it.

I had sex with someone else
a couple weeks ago.


Next door, TACuts.

[ Slow morning, Lorenzo is coloring
a regular customer while his 
manager Acer sits down in
the station next to him. ]

"That looks incredible Mrs.
Mason."

[ He gives the older women the
phoniest "customer service"
smile he can manage to pull
off at 8am.

Later on, after she leaves. ]

"How we're the drinks last
night?"

[ Acer flattens himself into the
seat, almost falling out. ]

ACE: My head is killing me right
now.
I will never again do that on
a Sunday.
LORENZO: Should have joined
us at Tila's instead.

Trust me.  It got way more interes-
ting then some dips in the pool.

ACE: Oh yeah.  In what way?

[ Pierre enters the salon & starts
walking toward them. ]

LORENZO: Here's the guy who
can tell you all about it.

PIERRE: What, am I late?

LORENZO: No but we'd love to hear
about what happened last night
after I got dragged away.

PIERRE: I bet you would but
I refuse to get into details. 

The main thing we decided is
it was a one time situation.
LORENZO: And what are you
going to do about Ry?

PIERRE: I plan on avoiding 
him from now on.


Outside TACare.

[ Amber meets her husband Dyminic
in the parking lot who is frantically
walking toward the entrance. ]

AMBER: Hey, what's going on?

[ He stops & turns to Amber with
noticeable frustration on his
face. ]

"I'm here to talk to someone 
about the video you showed
me."

[ He turns around & she follows
after him. ]

AMBER: That's fine.  Just please
don't make a scene.

[ Inside they head toward the front
counter. ]

"I need to speak to the manager."

SUNSHINE: Yes.  How can I help you?
DYMINIC: Can you tell me how this
seems like appropriate behavior
to encourage with a baby?

[ He shows Sunshine the video from
earlier. ]

SUNSHINE: That was just Mila's way
of playing with him Sir.  We actually
see this a lot in here but we never
tell them to do this.
DYMINIC: You should be pointing out
that it's not okay.  Especially to the
older ones.

There's something called personal
space. Even with a baby.

[ He begins to raise his voice, mean-
while a young couple has just 
entered the lobby. ]

SUNSHINE: I apologize. While the other
parents may not have expressed any
issues.  We want to make sure you
are personally comfortable with
your child's care here.

AMBER: Thank you.  Why don't
we discuss this somewhere
in private.

[ Dyminic looks unsettled, follow-
ing them to the back. ]


Back inside Caleb's car.

"I knew this was a bad idea."

CALEB: It wasn't. We aren't.

LANDYN: We? So were you
thinking about me when you
did this?

For fuck's sake, we've only
been dating a couple months
man.
CALEB: I know. But you have
to understand.  I've never been
in a real relationship.

LANDYN: That's no excuse. You
said you wanted to be serious.

This was your idea.

[ Landyn puts his hand on the
door but Caleb locks it. ]

CALEB: Wait. We have to talk
about this.  Can't you just give
me another chance?

[ He waits for a glance but 
Landyn keeps staring forward. ]

LANDYN: Who was it?
CALEB: I can't tell you.
LANDYN: Oh you're going to 
tell me.

CALEB: I know I've messed
up our relationship but
if this gets out it.

LANDYN: What?

[ Caleb looks away. ]

CALEB: I don't want to be
responsible for ruining a
marriage.  A family.

I know I'm asking a lot but
can we please just drop it.


Home, later that night.

[ Dyminic is in the kitchen putting
the finishing touches on his ground
turkey pasta

& made-from-scratch garlic bread. ]


[ Amber is seated at the dining room
table when Dyminic enters sitting
the plates down on the table. ]

"My favorite."


DYMINIC: I just wanted to say I
may have overreacted a bit
earlier.  I know how important
TA as a company is to you and
I never want to put you in a bad
position.

AMBER: Don't worry about it
babe.

We're both new parents and
I want you to express how you
feel about raising Diber.

As long as we talk everything
through we should be fine.

[ She smiles at him while taking
a piece of bread from the basket
in the middle of the table. 

They are talking back and forth
when Dyminic phones rings. He
excuses himself into the hall. ]

DYMINIC: You found me the
top ones?  Cool.  Just send the
list to my email.  

Thank you.



                                                                                                                                                                                                         #ColorMeTA | Episode 3 (*722)

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The layout is customized from the Simple blogger theme.

    Thanks for the response!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the response!

    Stories continue Jan 27th.

    ReplyDelete