December 31, 2009

220 VIOLET HILL [ SEASON FINALE ]

( T&T /#10 )


[ Boxes are all around

Joh’s floor and he sits down

on his bed reading about

the college dorm. . . ]



[ Looking up he sees

his Dad standing in

the doorway. . . ]



‘Hey, before you

leave. . .I’d like to

talk with you. . .’





[ Weis' parent’s kitchen,

he’s sitting at the table

when his Dad walks in. . . ]



[ looks up ] WEIS: Hey Dad,

how was work?

WEIS’DAD: Same

as usual. . .what’s up?

WEIS: Nothing, I applied

to go to college next

semester. . .

WEIS’DAD: That’s

great! You tell your

Mom yet?

WEIS: No [ looks down ]

WEIS’DAD: Why not?

WEIS: Well, I want to

move in the dorms. . .

and I don’t think she’ll

let me

WEIS’DAD: Don’t worry,

I’ll figure out some way

to convince her. . .

WEIS: Thanks Dad

WEIS’DAD: No problem

WEIS: You wanna

smoke?

WEIS’DAD: Yeah, why

not?

Just don’t tell your

Mom, OK?

WEIS: OK





[ It’s early morning

at TA. . . ]



‘Hey everyone. . .’



ACE: Morning Mark



[ Mark walks toward

the back. . . ]



[ walks up ] ACE: So

I’m officially the

morning manager

KYLE: That’s cool

man!

ACE: Yeah, so did

you finally talk to

Amber?

KYLE: Nope, not

a word. . .

ACE: Oh well, then

maybe you

should just move on

MONICA: Whose moving

on?

[ turns around ] KYLE:

Oh, hey. . .

ACE: I was just telling

Kyle, that he

shouldn’t wait

around for Amber

KYLE: And I was just

going to tell Ace here

to mind his own

business. . .[ smiles ]

ACE: Hey! I was just

giving some needed

advice



MONICA: Yeah, that

might not be

such a bad idea

KYLE: Do you know

something you’re

not telling us. . .

MONICA: Well, I’m

pretty sure your girl

has a girlfriend now



[ Kyle looks over at Amber

whose helping someone

in self-check out. . . ]





[ Joh’s about to leave

and he sees his Dad

waiting in the living

room. . . ]



JOHssDAD: I talked to

some of the elders on

Sunday. . .

JOH: OK?

JOHzDAD: And I think

you should apologize

at tonight’s meeting

JOH: What, why

should I do that?

I didn’t say anything

wrong. . .

JOHsDAD: That wasn’t

the right way to go

about things, Johsef. . .

and if that boy wanted

to come with you he

should at least be

studying with someone

JOH: How do you

know he wouldn’t

want to?

JOHzDAD: Well, it didn’t

seem that way. . .

JOH: You don’t know

him and neither do

any of them



[ Joh’s Dad doesn’t

say anything. . . ]



JOH: Well, I have to get

to my exams. . .



[ He turns around

and leaves. . . ]





[ Back at the store. . .

Kristyn walks in ]



MONICA: Kristyn. . .hey!

It’s been awhile

KRISTYN: I know,

It’s feels like forever

since I’ve been here

MONICA: So, how are

you?

KRISTYN: I’m doing

better [ sees Hithe ]

I’ll talk to you

later. . .



[ Hithe is walking to

the back and she runs

up to him. . . ]



KRISTYN: Hey you

[ turns around ] HITHE:

Hi. . .

KRISTYN: Is something

wrong?

HITHE: No, it’s just

weird being back

here. . .so much has

changed

But anyways, how

are you?

KRISTYN: I’m fine,

and I’ve been doing

some thinking

HITHE: Yeah?



KRISTYN: I’m sick

of worrying about

my EX. . .it’s my life

and from now on I’m

doing whatever

I want

HITHE: And what

is that?

KRISTYN: Well, if

you’re not doing

anything tonite. . .

Why don’t we go

out on actual date?

HITHE: What, are

you serious?

KRISTYN: Yes, very

So what do you

say?

HITHE: I say. . .it’s

about damn time





[ Weis and his Dad

are still sitting

at the kitchen table ]



WEIS’DAD: I wonder

what’s taking your

Mom. . .

WEIS: I know, she

should have been

here awhile ago

WEIS’DAD: Well, I’m

gonna go take a

nap. . .let me know

what she says



[ Ten minutes later. . . ]



WEIS: Hey Mom

WEIS’MOM: Hey, I’m

surprised your home

WEIS: Yeah, I was

waiting for you. . .

Where’d you go?

WEIS’MOM: I had

some extra work

to get done. . .



[ sits down ]



WEIS: I applied to

go to college next

semester. . .

WEIS’MOM: That’s

great, Son. . .

I'm happy for you

But there’s something

I wanted to ask you

WEIS: Oh, what is it?

WEIS’MOM: Did

something happen

between you and your

mananger from work?

WEIS: No Mom. . .

What do you mean?

WEIS’MOM: I don’t know

He was over here

about a month ago. . .

WEIS: Yeah, I know

He was just seeing

why I left earlie from

work

WEIS’MOM: Are you

sure that’s it?

WEIS: Yeah Mom. . .

Anyways that wasn’t

all I wanted to tell

you. . .

WEIS’MOM: Oh, what

else is there?

WEIS: Well, me and Dad

we’re talking and. . .

I wanna move out

and stay in the dorms



WEIS’MOM: I don’t

know if that’s such

a good idea, Weis

You’re only 16 and

you have no idea

what goes on there. . .

I don’t know if

I want you around

all that. . .

WEIS: Come on, Mom

I could stay with

my friend whose

already going there

WEIS’MOM: What friend

is this?

WEIS: His name is Joh. . .

We work together

WEIS’MOM: How old is he?

WEIS: He’s 18, why?

WEIS’MOM: Alright Weis. . .

As long as you keep

up with you’re studying

you can stay there

WEIS: Really?

Thanks Mom,

I gonna go call Joh



[ Weis leaves and his Mom’s

still sitting at the table/

She pulls a paper out of

a folder and a name is

highlighted on the top ]





‘SKILYR ION SIROM’

No comments:

Post a Comment