August 14, 2013

" Mister What-Not "

SCENE 1
Morning, at TA Salon.

[ Karie is finishing up Larrie’s
cut. ]

“Yeah, thankfully I didn’t have
to bail Jess out of jail the
other night.  She just
got a trespassing ticket.”

KARIE: Wow.  Can’t say she
doesn’t have balls.  Don’t
know what I’ve would
have done if people we’re
stealing my money.   

[ She removes his cover, &
they walk toward the back
for a shampoo.  Karie notices
Sascha doing some cleaning. ]

SASCHA: Seems like Ace has been
gone all day.  Is something
wrong?
KARIE: He’s here.  Just locked in his
office.
SASCHA: That’s weird.  Normally he’s
at the desk or talking to clients. 

[ Larrie is sitting, listening. . . ]

[ After paying at the counter with
Hithe, Larrie goes to the back to
visit his cousin.

Seeing the door is propped, he
knocks on it but instead it comes
flying open.  Ace is gone and
a note is left on his desk.

‘Going home.  Love, Ace’


SCENE 2
Meanwhile, inside TA store.

[ Hahn is talking to Syria in front
of her lane. ]

HAHN: Yeah, you should check
out that movie soon.
Twists around every
corner.  Wicked stuff. 
SYRIA: Thanks, I will.

[ She gives him a friendly smile
before returning to work. ]

[ Hahn checks the time on his
watch & goes outside to wait
on a new arrival.

In the middle lot, Amber &
Ski are sitting & eating lunch. ]

AMBER: We should do this
more often.  Too bad Hithe
couldn’t join.
SKI: I know.  Last night was
crazy!  Imagine my short ass
trying to peel Mark off of
Chais.  He was trying to old
school whip him, belt to skin.
  

AMBER: So, he was the thief.
SKI: Yup, him and his best friend.
I’m like, Mark you can’t do that
anymore.

Then I grounded Chais.


SCENE 3:
Back at the Salon.

[ Karie is reading her text &
and she starts to think, when
Sascha comes in. ]

SASCHA: And now we’re slow.

You're in a good mood. What
changed?
KARIE: I think I know why Ace
has been so hush hush lately.

He’s nervous about asking me
to marry him. 
I mean, we’ve been going out
for nine months.  

We've met each other's
 families already. 
Even talk about kids.  
SASCHA: But what if your wrong
and it’s something else?
KARIE: Like what?
SASCHA: I don’t know but I’m
sure there’s a reason he hasn’t
spilled.
KARIE: Whatever, it is.  I’ll find
out tonight. 


SCENE 4:

[ Hahn sees new bagger Jenni
come in & he immediately
approaches her. ]

“Hahn, right?”

HAHN: That’s me.  Welcome to TA.
JENNI: Thanks.

[ They start walking & he gives her
a tour of the store. ]

HAHN: I actually started as a bagger.
So did our night manager, Ski.
JENNI: That’s cool.  This is my first
job ever.  I’m kind of nervous.
HAHN:  It was mine too.  So I understand.
But don’t worry.  It’s like an extended
family around here.

This is Kristyn, our floral manger.

JENNI: Hi, I’m Jenni.  

[ Kristyn greets her & Hahn bends
down to tell her something.  ]

KRISTYN: Sure, no problem.
HAHN: Thanks.  See ya.

Shall we continue?

[ Hahn & Jenni walk on. ]


SCENE 5:
At Ace & Karie’s. . .

[ Karie enters the empty rooms,
one by one and searching for
a hidden box.

Now in their bedroom, still with
nothing.  Karie sits down, attempting
to tap into her boyfriend’s smarts. ]

“Where could it be?

The recliner!”

[ Karie is sifting through the storage
expecting to find a jewelry box. 
Getting closer she notices, its filled
with information and notices from
the hospital. ]

[ Reading through Ace’s papers, Karie
has to sit down.  As she fights tears,
he comes through the door unaware. ]

ACE: Babe, what are you doing?

[ Karie stands up & Ace walks to her
but she backs away. ]

KARIE: How long have you been lying?
 This is serious, Ace.

You didn’t even come to me.
ACE: I’m sorry.  I just don’t want
anyone treating me like. 

I’m dying.

[ He sits down on the couch,
Karie stays standing. ]


SCENE 6:

[ After Jenni leaves, Hahn is passing
the front break room and hears Syria
and another male voice talking
back and forth.

With no one around, he leans toward
the door.  Listening. ]

DYMINIC: So, you have a good day dear?
SYRIA: Yeah, it’s fine.  I’m surprised
you came here on my break.
DYMINIC: About that.  I arranged you a
ride tonight.  I’m going out with my
boss. 
SYRIA: Again.  You would think you have
kissed his cufflinks enough.
DYMNIC: Yeah, not quite.  He’s relentless.

You done with the cell.  I gotta take off soon.

[ Suddenly the phone gets a text from an
unsaved number. ]

“Can’t wait for tomorrow night!.”

SYRIA: Okay slick.  Who is this?

[ She raises her voice and slides the phone
 to him ]

DYMINIC: Just my boss, Sear.
Relax.

[ Hahn bust through the door. ]


HAHN: Everything alright in here?

[ He lets out a big, uncomfortable
smile. ]

No comments:

Post a Comment