December 3, 2014

Party Smartie

SCENE 1:
Friday Night, at Hithe’s.

[ Him & Little H are talk-
ing in the living room. ]

LITTLE H: What?  There’s
nothing wrong with me.
HITHE: You sure, man. 
You’re usually talking my
ear off?
LITTLE H: I’m serious but
you should have let me
cook tonight. 

HITHE: Sorry the girls wanted
Chinese.  I don’t know why
your so pressed.  You never
usually make food.

[ Little H goes silent & Hithe looks
over, getting an idea. ]

HITHE: Oh I see. You’re into Mairya,
aren’t ya?

LITTLE H: No Dad.  We’re just friends.
HITHE: Yeah, yeah.

[ Just then the doorbell rings & Hithe
 motions for Little H to get it.  Taking
his time, he approaches the door. ]

LITTLE H: Hey.

MAIRYA: Hey, what’s up?


SCENE 2:
Next afternoon, at The Aisles.

[ In separate areas of the store. ]

SYRIA: Five.
MARK: Four.
AMBER: Three.
MONICA: Two.

HAHN: And one.

[ They all receive the same text. ]

HAHN – It’s my birthday. Hey, hey.

[ Twirling around, he walks over
to the self-scan lanes. ]

SYRIA: Was that you vibrating in
my pocket just now?
HAHN: Yup.
SYRIA: Happy birthday, sweetie.
HAHN: Thanks baby. So now
will you give me a hint as to
what you have planned
later?

SYRIA: No I will not.
Isn’t it about time for you
to get out of here anyway?
HAHN: Maybe.  You trying
to get rid me?

[ Hahn teases Syria before
leaning over & kissing her
on the cheek. ]


SCENE 3:
The Night Before, Hithe’s.

[ Kristyn & Hithe are sitting
at the table eating. ]

KRISTYN: You sure it’s safe to
leave those two in there alone?
HITHE: According to H, they’re
just friends.
KRISTYN: Please.  You know how
that goes. 
HITHE: Right.  Then again, you
might say the same about us.

[ Inside Little H’s room. ]

MAIRYA: You happy about being
on break soon?
LITTLE H: Yeah but I’ll probably just
stay around here.
MAIRYA: Why? There’s plenty of
stuff we could do instead.
LITTLE H: Oh yeah, like what?
MAIRYA: I could show you better
than I can say.

[ H looks down. ]

LITTLE H: I can’t leave, sorry.
MAIRYA: Hithe wouldn’t let
you take a walk? It’s just
around the corner.
LITTLE H: I’ll be right back.
Wait here.


SCENE 4:
Following Night, at Hahn’s.

[ Syria brings out covered food
& sets it down in front of Hahn. ]

SYRIA: I ordered your favorite.
HAHN: Thanks, I’m starved.

[ He opens the box, revealing
a pile of steak burritos sitting
on rice.  Hahn grabs one,
taking a slow bite. ]

HAHN: These are pretty good.
You should try Ole Ole.

[ He sits it down, sampling
the rice as Syria joins
him. ]

HAHN: Or wait.  Wait.
There’s a place in Maison
City that’s to die for.
They have the best nachos
too.
SYRIA: Oh yeah? Maybe I
should have gone there
then.
HAHN: And now you know
for next time.

[ Hahn gives her the thumbs
up, devouring a mouthful
of food. ]


SCENE 5:
A neighborhood near TA.

[ Little H. & Mairya are walking
down the street. ]

MAIRYA: I’m guessing he said
yes.
LITTLE H: I wouldn’t lie to you.
MAIRYA: See.  Maybe you should
give him more of a chance.
LITTLE H: I guess so.  You know
Dad can be a little
MAIRYA: Much to deal with?

LITTLE H: Yeah.  I mean, you’ve
known him longer than I have.
What was he like when he
was dating your Mom?
MAIRYA: I don’t know.  Mom
kind of kept him away from
us.
LITTLE H: Why would she do that?
MAIRYA: Because of my Dad.
LITTLE H: Oh.  What did you Dad
think?

[ Mairya stops, stepping in front
of him. ]

MAIRYA: You ask a lot of questions.

[ H freezes while Mairya leans
In, barely touching his face. ]


SCENE 6:
Much later at Hahn’s.

[ The living room is dark & calm.
Hahn drinks his beer, watching TV
until Syria breaks the silence. ]

SYRIA: How about a movie?

Oh, I know something you
will love.  Just put up tonight.

[ She takes the remote, settling
on a romantic comedy.   A few
minutes into it, Syria realizes
she is the only one laughing.

Sighing, she turns it off. ]

HAHN: Why did you do that?
Not the best choice but I
would’ve watched the rest.

[ Syria stands up. ]

SYRIA: I have tried my best
all day to make things as
perfect as possible for you
but you’re really starting
to act like a brat, Hahn.

[ She throws down the remote,
exiting the room. ]

No comments:

Post a Comment