September 17, 2017

At The Start

 

"Just help me to the car. Fast!"
 
[ Busy waiting area, Jai sits alone.
The minutes on the clock draining
by. Without any contact for hours
his mind can't help but wander to-
ward the worst possible scenario. ]
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
[ Parked & safely home now. Jai hands
over the keys to A'myan who is slowly
prepping himself to get out. ]
 

 
JAI: Maybe you should consider
quitting. There's plenty of other
things we could focus on our
time on. It's almost summer.
 

 
"For the last time, it wasn't how
much I did. It was that fake
ass supplier.
 

 
I'll let him know. Trust me."
 
[ The car door slams. Window
still down. ]
 

 
"Are you coming in?"
 
A Few Weeks Later. | TACare.
 
 
[ Jai is pacing around his shared
office when a video call comes
through on his computer. ]
 
MARK: The DM will be here soon.
Just making sure you don't want
me to meet you over there.
 
[ Jai sits down.]
 
JAI: I've had two school free
weeks to prepare for this. And
I've basically been here the
entire time.
 
I got this Dad.
 
[ Later on, there's a knock on
Mark's office door. ]
 
"Hey, I thought you were
stopping at Care first."
 
[ Jim enters the room. ]
 
JIM: I was. But first we need
to talk.
 
[ He shuts the door behind
them. ]
 

Front entrance. | Still at Care.

 
[ Stuu is playing with his daughter
Mila when he sees Jenni passing
by the door. ]
 
STUU: Hey. Do you have a minute?
JENNI: Sure. Hi Mila.
She can come in now if you want.
 
STUU: It's cool. I needed to ask
you a question anyway.
 
[ She sits down by Stuu. ]
 
JENNI: What's going on?
STUU: Has anyone besides me,
Weis, or my brother came around
for Mila?
JENNI: Of course not. She's only
cleared for you and Weis. What
would make you think that?
 
STUU: Just yesturday she started
saying words that reminded me
of my Dad.
 
[ Jenni is distracted when the District
Manager enters. ]
 
JENNI: Sorry I have to go. Good
morning Jim.
 

Across town. | Amber & Dyminic's.
 
 
[ Dyminic gets out & immediately is
at his wife's side, helping her out the
car.
Once she is steady, he goes to get his
newborn out of the back. ]
 
"Welcome home Dibur Stallion Jones."
 
AMBER: You think we went to far
with the name?
DYMINIC: It's perfect. And so are
you.
 
[ He kisses Amber on the cheek.
 
Now inside, they are sitting in the
living room & watching Baby Dibur. ]
 
DYMINIC: When are you due back to
work babe?
AMBER: Two more weeks. Honestly
I'm not sure if I'll be ready to leave
him. Maybe I should have taken
the extra time.
 
[ She states getting a random wide
eyed look from Dibur. ]
 
 

Middle Of The Day. | TACare.
 
SUNSHINE: Right now we're in the
process of hiring for the overnight
shifts.
 
[ Jim looks pleased. He walks over
to find Jai & Jenni's office.
 
Sunshine is inspecting the entrance area
area when she sees an older man
leaning on the glass.
 
She walks towards but he notices
her shadow & leaves. ]
 
JENNI: Jim wants to go over numbers
with you before he goes.
 
[ Sunshine doesn't answer. ]
 
JENNI: Sunny? He's waiting.
 
SUNSHINE: Yeah. Be right there.
 
 

Late evening. | At Mark's.
 
[ Mark is in bed on the phone. ]
 
MARK: All three sides had good
reviews.
SKI: I knew they would. I bet Jai
and Jenni are thrilled.
 
MARK: You know what would be
exciting for me?
SKI: What's that?
MARK: If you we're here instead of
spending the night at TA.
 
SKI: I know. One day.
 
MARK: Jim is retiring at the end of
the year.
SKI: I see. And?
MARK: I got an offer to replace him.
SKI: That's awesome. Wait, why
don't you sound excited?
 
MARK: Because not only would I
have to give up my store but I would
no longer be able to own TACare.
 
I don't know what to do.
 

Late that night. | TheAisles.

 
[ Tiesun is standing at the self check
counter when Weis & Larrie
approach her. ]
 
TIESUN: Don't you two have some
work you could be doing?
 
[ Larrie looks at her as if he doesn't
know what she means. ]
 
LARRIE: Work, who does any of
that around here?
WEIS: Yeah. I did some working
out of my lungs before I walked
in.
 
TIESUN: Cute. But as you can see
from those loaded carts over there
 
I do actually have things to do.
 
[ She walks toward the door with
Larrie & Weis close behind.
 
The glass opens a few feet away
& a masked person enters, gun
pointed in front of him. ]
 
"Hey! Get over here & lock these
doors. Now."
 
[ Tiesun is stunned. She attempts
to move as the gun is staring her
down. Larrie gets in front &
grabs the key from her. ]
 
LARRIE: Here.
 
"Get over there. And don't
speak."
  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment