November 27, 2013

Final Hour


SCENE 1
Outside the Telazon’s.

[ Airynn & his younger brother
are sitting on the porch when
Markis drives into the driveway. ]

MARKIS: I knew you’d be home.
Hey Billy, what’s good?
BILLY: Nothing if I’m hanging
with him.

[ He points to Airynn while
getting up & walking inside. ]

AIRYNN: Anyway, are we still
hitting up that strip club
tonight? 
MARKIS: Right, about that.
I can’t go, man.  Something
came up. 

[ He stops talking & looks away. ]

MARKIS: But we can chill now.

So, what’s going on at TA?
Everyone cool?
AIRYNN: Not hardly.  Jeszyca
was fired for getting violent
with a customer.
Joh’s no longer a Witness and
he decided to take the rebellious
route.  That’s just the start. 

MARKIS: Wow.  So much drama.
Just like that crazy place too.
AIRYNN:  I know.  Remember what
happened on your first shift?


SCENE 2:
Meanwhile, at the Hospital.

[ Larrie is exiting his cousin’s
room when Mark arrives. ]

“Hey, how’s Ace?”

LARRIE: He’s knocked out
right now.  They have him
on some medicine for the
pain. 
MARK: Alright, that’s good.
I’m gonna sit with him in
the room until he wakes
up, if that’s cool.
LARRIE: Sure.  Then I can go
get some real food.
If they say anything, just
act like you’re his brother.

[ Larrie leaves & Mark goes
inside.  He moves a chair next
to the bed and sits quietly.

A few minutes later. ]

“Mark, you came.”

MARK: Of course.  How is
your arm doing?
ACE: Better, I guess.  The
meds are working somewhat
but they put me to sleep. 
MARK: Damn, that too bad
but at least you know what
the next step is.  I mean,
at least there is one.
 
ACE:  Yeah.  Not for me.


SCENE 3:
After Airynn’s question. . .

[ From Episode 209 ‘Love Me Dead’ ]

[ Inside TA. . .Airynn, Markis, Joh, Weis
& Larrie are all waiting for their shift to start ]
. . . . .
AIRYNN: So Joh, how was knocking on those
doors last Saturday?

Get any slammed in your face?
MARKIS: Wait, what?
AIRYNN: Yeah, I caught him trying to preach
to my girl…He’s one of those witness people
MARKIS: Damn, for real?
They’re fucking annoying!
. . . . .
[ breaks the silence ] WEIS: Anyways, Airynn…
Why do you give a shit?
AIRYNN: Oh, so your his spokesperson
now?
[ stands up ] JOH: No actually, I don’t need
anyone to speak for me. . . [ gets in his face ]

How are you gonna go behind my back
when you know I liked Marisa?
[ backs up ] AIRYNN: What does it matter?
It’s not like you could’ve dated her
anyway
JOH: That’s not the point, Airynn!
You are supposed to be my friend
. . . . .
JOH: Just forget it dude!
I’m going to start. . . [ walks away ]
MARKIS: Man, if this is how it’s gonna
be. . .
I’m glad I started working here


SCENE 4:
Back at the Hospital.

“What do you mean by
that?  I hope you’re joking.”

ACE: I mean.  What’s the point?
I’ll probably be dealing with
this illness for the rest of my
life anyway.

Why put myself through more
bull just for the same result?

[ Ace gets up & walks toward
the window. ]

MARK: You don’t know that
man.  Any chance is better
than no chance at all. 
I know you’ve been going
through this for awhile
but now is not the time
to give up. 
ACE: You’re right.  I’ve dealt
with so much this year.  Barely
working.  Having to ask Karie
for help with things I could
more than afford before.
Drives me crazy inside. 
MARK: Yeah, I hear ya.

ACE: And now all I can think in
my head.  Over and over again.

[ Ace looks up at Mark. ]

What is my last chance doesn’t
work?


SCENE 5:
Meanwhile, at the Telazon’s.

[ Markis & Airynn are laughing ]

MARKIS: Yeah, that was good.  Let’s
not forget why you got me fired.
AIRYNN: I knew that was coming.

[ From Episode '303 You're A Jerk' ]

[ Back up front, customers are going
through self check while Markis walks
by the window. . . ]

[ on the phone ] ‘Hey man, it’s almost
light out. . .Are you coming?’

MARKIS: Alright hurry, bye

. . . . .
[ The customer walks away just
as Trae and D’Ondrae arrive ]

D’ONDRAE: Is it safe?
MARKIS: Yeah, it’s cool
D’ONDRAE: Alright man, here
[ hands him cash ]

[ Markis pockets the cash and
then hands him a bag from
his jacket ]

MARKIS: Yeah, I’ve done a lot
of growing up since then.
AIRYNN: At least you stopped.

[ Markis stands up. ]

MARKIS: Listen, I didn’t just come
here to recall old times.
There’s something serious I
have to tell you.

AIRYNN: What’s going on?
MARKIS: I’m moving to LA,
man.  Tonight.


SCENE 6:

[ Mark has his arm on Ace’s
shoulder as he is about to
leave.  ]

MARK: Take care of yourself.
Okay.

Hey Karie.

[ Mark walks out & Karie sits down
by Ace. ]

KARIE: I know you don’t want
to do this but I was doing some
research and it’s actually a painless
process.  I’ll sit with you through
everyday of it.

[ Ace smiles, sitting up. ]

ACE:  You don’t have to do that.
I’m sorry about the way I’ve
been acting too. 
KARIE: It’s okay.  I know this
could not have came at a
worse time with the Salon in
it’s first year and everything.
ACE: Hey, it’s life.  My life.

And I’m going to start living
it no matter what happens.

No more excuses.  


 NEW PREVIEW: 12/4 !


No comments:

Post a Comment