December 30, 2009

108 HANG ME UP TO DRY


[ Amber wakes up & checks her voicemails. ]

VM1: Hey Am, it's Kyle…

Where you been? Are we still going out tonight?

VM2: It's Ski, Mark's wondering where you are…

It's like 12, call me back!



AMBER: Shit! [starts dialing the store]



MARK: Hey, this is Mark. How can I help you?

AMBER: Hey, it's Amber

I'm really sick, sorry I didn't call…

MARK: It's alright.

Hope you feel better soon!

AMBER: Thanks….Well, bye

MARK: Bye



[ Rolls over & starts coughing really hard. ]



[ Back at the store. ]



MARK: Hey Ski, how's it going?

SKI: Alright, did you get a hold of Amber?

MARK: Yeah

SKI: That's good! …Damnit!

MARK: What's wrong?

[looks rite at him] SKI: Just having a long day

It's so busy up here, everyone wants help out…

and I'm tired from having to get carts all the time.

MARK: I'm sorry

SKI: Yeah, is there any way I could go help

in the back for awhile?

[smiles] MARK: I'll see what I can do





[ Back at Amber's apartment her cells rings. ]



AMBER: What now! Hello?

KYLE: Hey babe…

AMBER: Oh sorry, hey…

KYLE: What's going on? I've been worried about you

AMBER: I'm OK, just a sore throat…

KYLE: Aw, my poor baby…

[smiles] AMBER: Yeah, I've just been trying to get some rest

KYLE: Good idea! I slept all day yesterday actually

AMBER: Why is that?

KYLE: Not sure, but I'm off work today…

I could swing by and sit with you, take care of you maybe

AMBER: Really? That would be nice…

KYLE: OK, I'll be there in about an hour

AMBER: OK bye

KYLE: Bye babe





[ At the store, Ski sees Hithe come out his office. ]



SKI: Hithe, can we…



[ Hithe looks at him about to speak, but instead freezes & walks away]



[under his breath] SKI: That was smooth.



[ Marks hears & comes up behind him. ]



MARK: Guess what?

SKI: What?

MARK: I worked it out so you could go back

to the Dairy department

SKI: Thanks Mark!

MARK: No problem



[ Amber awakens to a kiss from Kyle. ]



AMBER: Oh hey…

KYLE: Hey baby!

I brought you some soup and crackers…

AMBER: Aw thanks

KYLE: No problem

I'm sure you'll be feeling better soon!

AMBER: Yeah, I hope so



[ Ski's putting up yogurt flavors & Hithe walks by/

He drops one as Mark comes by & picks it up. ]



SKI: I'm. . .so sorry [sighs]

MARK: Don't worry about it! [leans in close]

Hey, I know what's going on…

SKI: What?

MARK: With you and Hithe…

I know what your going through right now

SKI: How do you?

MARK: And you should know that…

Well, I just wanna tell you

SKI: What Mark?

MARK: I think you could do a lot better and

 I'm sure you'll find someone soon [pats Ski's shoulder]

SKI: Oh

Thanks friend. [turns around]





[ Amber rolls over & sees Kyle watching TV. ]



KYLE: Hey, do you feel any better?

AMBER: Yeah, just a little

KYLE: See, I told you

AMBER: How long have I been sleep?

KYLE: A little over an hour

AMBER: Well, I don't want you to have to sit here all day

KYLE: Oh, it's fine… I'm just happy to be with you

AMBER: You always know just what to say

Hey, instead of laying here all day. . .

Why don't we go for a walk?

KYLE: OK, if you're sure you're up to it





[ Ski's in the back, knock's on Mark's office door. ]



MARK: Who is it?

SKI: It's me…

MARK: Oh, come in!

SKI: Hey, can I take my break in here?

Hithe's in the break room…

MARK: Sure, you can come in here anytime

SKI: OK

[ Sees some pants hanging up & something bright green inside them. ]

What is that for?



[ Marks looks down so Ski changes the subject. ]

SKI: So, you're married?

MARK: Well, yeah…but trying to get a divorce

SKI: Oh, and what about your kids?

MARK: They are staying with me…

SKI: Well, that's good

Do you mind if I ask, what happened?

MARK: Not at all, we're friends…I don't really know

I've been with the same person for the last ten years

SKI: Wow, I can't even imagine

MARK: Yeah, but it's nothing like it was in the beginning…

SKI: Aw, sorry to hear that

MARK: It's alright, I'm ready to move on…

Get some more excitement into my life

SKI: Yeah, me too

Well, I gotta get back… [gets up to leave]

MARK: Wait, Ski…

[turns around] SKI: Yeah?

MARK: Uh

Nevermind, I'll talk to you later

SKI: OK





[ Kyle & Amber holding hands, walking down the street. ]



KYLE: Well, this is nice…

AMBER: Yeah, it's been relaxing…

I'm glad you came over

KYLE: Me too

So, how you feeling right now?

AMBER: My throats still sore

KYLE: Oh well, it's probably better though…

AMBER: Not really

But let's talk about something else

KYLE: What do you wanna talk about?

AMBER: Well, you know some of the usual questions…

KYLE: Like what?

AMBER: Where are you from?





[ Ski's outside watching as Hithe leaves. ]



[ Mark comes up to him. ]



MARK: Hey, what you doing out here?

SKI: Just doing some thinking

MARK: Oh well about that stuff you saw…

SKI: It's OK, you don't have to explain

MARK: But I kinda do…

Because it's for you

SKI: What?

MARK: Yeah, I have a little favor to ask you

You see I'm having some friends over for drinks tonight…

SKI: Yeah?

MARK: Well, I thought of a way to get your mind

off things for the night.

SKI: How is that?

MARK: Come over here…



[ They walk to the side of the building. ]



MARK: OK, I want you to bartend for me

SKI: Sounds like fun, but I've never…

MARK: It's nothing and my friends will love you

If you know what I mean [smiles at him]

SKI: Wait you have that kind of friends?

MARK: Yeah, you'll get lot's of attention…

But there's one more thing

SKI: What?

MARK: I want you to do it wearing this…



SKI: What the hell?





[ Back at Amber's apartment. ]



AMBER: Sorry, I had to come back…

KYLE: It's OK, I understand

AMBER: I should probably go to the doctor tomorrow

You wanna take me?

KYLE: I cant…I have to work

AMBER: Oh alright.

KYLE: But I'm sure you're fine…

Well, I gotta get going babe [quick kisses her & leaves]

AMBER: See ya.



(                Edited 0516            )




No comments:

Post a Comment