November 6, 2013

Not My Fantasy

SCENE 1
Office, TA Salon.

[ Hithe answers the phone. ]

ACE: Hey Hithe, just wanted
to remind you about payroll.
HITHE: Yeah, I know man.  You
left me a list.  Anyway the Salon
should really be the last thing
on your mind right now. 
Just concentrate on getting
to feeling better, okay?
ACE: I will.  But there was
one more thing though.
Oh yeah, if Jim calls don’t
say anything about our
new receptionist.  I didn’t
exactly clear things first.
HITHE: Cool, I won’t mention it.
I know you’re worried, but things
will turn out fine here.  Trust me.

Yeah, call us later.

[ Hithe hangs up & walks up
front where Jeszyca is talking
to Sascha near her station. ]

JESZYCA: And that’s why I got
fired from TA.

HITHE: Not wasting any time with
the secrets are we?
JESZYCA: I was protecting that woman.
I’m not ashamed of what I did.
SASCHA: I think she did the right thing.

[ They both look at Hithe. ]

HITHE: Well, my boss Jim may
disagree with that.
That’s why we’re not telling
him we hired you back.


SCENE 2:
Night before, at TA.

[ Early in the night, Tiesun
is counting the drawer when
her manager Ski approaches. ]

“So, how are you liking it
here so far?”

TIESUN: It’s cool.  Most of
the guys act decent. 
SKI: Yeah.  Things are remotely
chill the majority of the night.
It can get kind of boring. 
TIESUN: I’ll be good. I was a little
curious about why the last girl
was let go so quickly. 

[ Ski just looks at her. ]

TIESUN: Sorry, your employees
talk. 
SKI: Just make sure you’re not
carrying any sharp weapons
on you. 

[ Ski starts laughing & Tiesun
joins in. Then he stops. ]

SKI: I’m serious. 
 
[ After Ski leaves, Stuu walks up,
standing by Tiesun. ]

TIESUN: Something you wanna
tell me?
STUU: Yes sorry.  Meet me in the
front break room.  On lunch.


SCENE 3:
Back at the Salon.

[ Jeszyca is taking a payment
from a customer when Hithe
comes up beside her. ]

HITHE:  How are things going?
JESZYCA: It’s been awhile since
I worked this type of job but
I’m catching on to it. 

By the way, you don’t have
to keep an eye on me. 
I’m not psychotic. 
HITHE: Oh, I know. I mean,
you we’re dating my friend
Amber.  Must be at least
somewhat sane. 

[ He smirks at her, walking
toward the Salon floor. ]

HITHE: Did you get my note
about the cut at 5?
SASCHA: Yup.  I should be done
with this one soon.
HITHE: Good.  I’ll be in the back.

[ Meanwhile, Jeszyca is drinking
her coffee and doing some
organizing around her desk. 

Not paying attention, a man
enters the Salon.  Getting her
attention, he slides a small
retractable knife onto the table. ]


SCENE 4:
Middle of night, TA.

[ Tiesun is walking toward the
break room, & sees Airynn &
Larrie sneaking out the door. ]

TIESUN: What’s going on?

[ They just walk off.  When
she opens the door, the lights
are shut off & she sees a table
set up with candles all around.

Suddenly Stuu steps out from
the darkness.  ]

STUU: Shall we eat?

[ He smiles at her & they
sit down. A few minutes
pass… ]

TIESUN: Thanks for this.
It was really good. 
Listen, we’ve been
friends for awhile now.
STUU: I know, and even though
there may be things we don’t
agree on.  Our personalities
are so similar I think we could
make this work. 

What I’m trying to say is.  Tie,
I really want you to be my
girlfriend. 


SCENE 5:
Inside the Salon.

[ Hithe notices the commotion
& comes up beside Jeszyca. ]

HITHE: Hi, I’m the manager.  Can
I help you?
MAN: Maybe.  This bitch is the
one who stabbed me in my
leg at TA a few months ago.

JESZYCA: You were assaulting
someone.

[ The man grabs the knife off
the table. ]

MAN: And your boys at night
did a lousy job trying to hide
the evidence.

[ Hithe just looks at Jeszyca
in surprise. ]

HITHE:  What is it that you
want? 
MAN: I’m sure the news would
love to hear this story. 
HITHE: Alright, I’ll make you a
deal.  But let’s take this outside,
alright?

[ Hithe comes back a short
time later. ]

HITHE: Don’t worry he won’t
be coming around here or TA
any longer.

I took care of it.


SCENE 6:
Parking lot, at TA.

[ The sun is starting to come up
as Tiesun & Stuu are sitting
on the curb. ]

TIESUN: Say something, please.
STUU: How come you never
brought up this guy before?

We talk about everything.
TIESUN: I just met him two
weekends ago.  And you’ve
known for how long that
you were into me and never
spoke up.
Damn it, why do you always
have to be so secretive?

I’m sorry, but I just don’t.
STUU: It’s cool.  I understand.

[ He gets up & starts walking
away, ignoring Tiesun’s calls
to him. ]


[ Meanwhile, at the hospital
Ace is waking up. ]

ACE: Hey babe, how’d it go?

[ Karie comes to his side. ]

KARIE: The doctor’s coming
in to talk to you.
ACE: Okay, what’s going on?
KARIE: It failed, Ace.  The

operation didn’t work.  

 NEW PREVIEW 11/13! 

No comments:

Post a Comment