October 30, 2013

To The Top


SCENE 1:
MystingSpot Women’s Club

[ Kyle walks into the empty bar
& sees his friend behind the
counter. ]

“Better brighten up amigo
this place will be buzzing
in like an hour.”

KYLE: I know, I know.

[ Kyle sarcastically throws his
hands in the air as Marty sits
two shots on the table. ]

MARTY: Monica’s still avoiding
you I take it.
KYLE: Yeah, I’m not sure if we’re
together or even what I did
for that matter. 
MARTY: And that’s why I don’t
have a girlfriend.  I told you. 
Not everyone can handle
this business.
KYLE: So you think I’m better
off then?  Being alone my
whole life. 

[ Marty doesn’t answer. ]

KYLE: So anyways, where am I 
at tonight?

What’s this party ghost?
MARTY: You didn’t watch the 
tutorial?

[ Kyle shakes his head in surprise. ]

MARTY: Hope you’re ready to pop
that culo.


SCENE 2:
Earlier that morning, TA.

[ Kristyn is sitting behind the
floral counter watching Mark,
Hahn, & Landyn set up a new
station beside her. ]

“So what are the golden
carts here for?”

LANDYN: Well, Mark thinks

[ They hear throat clearing. ]

MARK: You mean, I know.
But please continue…

[ Mark smiles, walking off. ]

LANDYN: That customers will
pay a small fee to have me
shop for them.  20-75 items
in 30 minutes or less.
KRISTYN: Really? That sounds
a little challenging. 
LANDYN: Naw, piece of cake.
I was here last night making
sure I know where everything
is located.  I’m fast already so.    
KRISTYN: At least you’re committed.

They run your TA commercial
almost every night.  You’re very
comfortable on camera, I see.
LANDYN: I’ve had some practice.
Well, I have a free trial coming in
soon.  Talk on break?


SCENE 3:

[ A large crowd has gathered
& Marty is serving drinks at
the bar.  Backstage, Kyle is
undressed underneath his
sheer costume.

Standing in front of the mirror,
he goes over a few of the steps
before heading out. ]


[ Near the dance floor loads of
women & and a few random
men in various costumes are
waiting as the party ghost is
lowered from the ceiling.

Getting to his feet, Kyle stands
with his head down ready to
start but suddenly he draws
a blank when the music starts. ]


[ Thinking about what Marty
said, Kyle instead does his own
thing.  Making sure to highlight
his assets, he starts to get into
his dance, vibing off the music.

The stage starts to litter with
cash.  Looking down at the
reactions, Kyle starts to feel
better than he has in days.  ]


SCENE 4:
At TA, late afternoon.

[ Kristyn is fixing her display
when Landyn returns up front
with an empty cart. ]

“25 minutes!  Whose your
spokesman?  Oh yeah!”

[ Kristyn starts to laugh
as Landyn comes over &
high fives her. ]

KRISTYN: Nice work!
Mark did a great job
finding you.  First, the
commercial and now this.
You’re almost perfect.

[ Kristyn walks out, checking
out Landyn, who is leaning
 over her floral counter. ]

Pretty good looking too. 
LANDYN: Well, thanks.  And
feel free to mention that
whenever you want.

[ He smiles at her.  ]

LANDYN: But I do have flaws.
Lots of them, actually.  Damn,
look at the time.  I better get
going. 

[ Landyn starts to get his stuff to-
gether.   While he’s turned around,
Kristyn slips a note with her phone
number into his bag. ]


SCENE 5:
Back at MystingSpot….

[ Kyle joins Marty behind the bar. ]

“You alright?”

KYLE: Of course.  The girls we’re
really digging my improvising.

They went mad wild for my ass.
MARTY: Yeah, I seen that.  What
about your own girl though?
KYLE: Like you said, some people
can’t handle this.  So maybe Monica
is not the right one for me.      

[ He sits three shot glasses
down & starts to pour vodka
into them.  One-by-one he
downs all three to his friend’s
surprise.

MARTY: What are you doing?
You’d better watch yourself
around the boss.
KYLE: No worries.  I got the rest
of the night off.  And I’m gonna
take full advantage.

[ Two girls walk by the bar headed
for the dance floor & Kyle starts
to follow them. ]

“Hey ladies.   Enjoy the show?”

[ Kyle looks back, giving the thumbs
up while Marty shakes his head
at him. ]


SCENE 6:
Outside of TA.

[ Kristyn is sitting on a bench
In between TA and the Salon
when her phones starts to
ring. ]

“Hey, I got your note.”

KRISTYN: Yeah, obviously.

[ She laughs & Landyn can’t
help but join her. ]

LANDYN: So, you’re taking four
kids out to get candy tonight?
That should be fun.
KRISTYN: Yeah, mine & Monica’s.
What are you gonna do tonight?
LANDYN: Not sure.  Probably go
home and watch scary movies.

KRISTYN: Well, I have a better idea.
How are you with children?

[ A little later, Kristyn hangs up
& Hahn is sitting on the bench
across from her. ]

HAHN: What are you all smiles
for?  Let me guess, it’s Landyn. 
KRISTYN: Yeah, he’s so easy to
talk to.  You know?
HAHN: Okay, I’ll admit.  The guy
is very charming but I don't know.
KRISTYN: Just wait and by the
end of the night I’ll have roped
me in one sexy spokesman.

HAHN: Well, you go girl!

[ He whistles at Kristyn. ]

     NEW PREVIEW / 11/6! 

No comments:

Post a Comment