August 12, 2015

Torn Resolve

SCENE ONE :
On the road, Sascha's vehicle.

[ She is talking to Karie & Amber,
(who is sitting in the back seat).
At the green light, she speeds up
faster to go through. ]

KARIE: Someone's eager to get to
the mall, I see.

SASCHA: You realize it's been for-
ever since the three of us have
gone shopping.  It use to be
an every other weekend event.
AMBER: I imagine it would be
hard with Pierre out of a job
for so long.  I get it though.

A girl needs her shoes.  

SASCHA: Yeah but we don't have
that problem anymore.
KARIE: That's great.  When did
he start working?
SASCHA: This past Monday.
AMBER: Good girl, what a relief.

SASCHA: Remember that park
we ate lunch at when we all
met Dyminic?
AMBER: Yes it was beautiful.
SASCHA: Well they're getting rid
of it to put in some expensive
office building.  

KARIE: That's kind of sad.
SASCHA: I know.  Pierre wasn't
sure he was gonna take it but
it's a job.  And there are many
parks in this town.
  
Anyway, let's go inside.

[ She pulls into a parking space
& they all get out. ]


SCENE TWO :
Cafe across from The Aisles.

[ Landyn & Kyle are sitting at
an outdoor table.  After taking
a drink from his glass of water
Landyn speaks up. ]

LANDYN: All the places we
could've gone and you pick
the closest to my work.

[ He states behind a dark pair
of shades. ]

KYLE: Don't worry.  I doubt
anyone can tell it's you.  And
yes they have the best mush-
room burger here.

[ Kyle smiles as the waitress
brings out a basket of fresh
rolls. ]

LANDYN: My plan for the rest
of the day is some peace and
quiet at my condo.
KYLE: Yeah.  Isn't that your plan
everyday?  Besides broga man,
 I hardly see you out and about.
You're not going dark on me,
are you?

LANDYN: What is that suppose
to mean?  And no I just enjoy
my alone time.

[ Kyle leaves it at that.  Later
after they are done eating, a
tall guy in athletic gear stops
by the table. ]

"I'm sorry.  By any chance, is
your name Landyn?"

[ Kyle looks away. ]


SCENE THREE :
Back at WaterCrest Mall.

[ Amber & Karie are waiting
near the dressing rooms
when Sascha steps out in a
short, black & white patterned
dress. ]

AMBER: That looks amazing.

SASCHA: Really, do you think
it would be good for my dinner
date on Friday? 
KARIE: Yes and I think you knew
that already when you ran into
the store shouting, that dress
is mine!

[ Sascha smiles while the other
two laugh. ]

SASCHA: I was just making things
clear.  There was a crowd gather-
ing.
AMBER: What crowd?

[ Later after Sascha purchases her
dress, they leave & go to a shoe
store.

Amber stops before walking in. ]

AMBER: It's Dyminic.  I'll be a sec.

[ She walks on.  As Sascha steps into
the building a loud siren immediatly
starts to go off & she jumps back. ]

"Congratulations.  You are our 199th
shopper!"


SCENE FOUR :
Back at the Cafe.

[ Kyle has left & Landyn is seat
-ted with the unknown guy. ]

LANDYN: So I don't want to be
rude in saying this, but do I
know you?  Like actually.

UNKNOWN: Is there another
way?  
LANDYN: Well yeah people see
me on--.  Wait you have no idea
what I do, do you?
UNKNOWN: No.   I can't believe
you don't recognize me.

[ Landyn sits back, recalling himself
sitting alone in a protected room. ]

LANDYN: Link?
LINK: It took you long enough.
LANDYN: Sorry I see a lot of
faces.  So how long have you
been back in town?
LINK: Just for a couple of weeks.
Once I got out of the institution
I wanted to go far away from
that place as possible.

LANDYN: Yeah I understand that
but somehow I just keep ending
up back here.

[ Landyn looks up to see that Link
is staring directely at him but
brushes it off. ]

LANDYN: You should try these
rolls.  

[ But something in Link's eyes
was broadcasting a different
type of interest. ]


SCENE FIVE :
Inside Foot Haven.

[ Sascha is lined up next to the
previous four girls to walk in
the store.

A small crowd is being held
back by tape to watch when
a store owner comes up
to the line. ]

OWNER: You have five minutes
to grab whatever shoes you can
fit into the provided bags.

Ready.  Set.  Shop!

[ He stands back as the women
sprint towards the shoe racks.

Sascha runs by a girl who is
angrily searching the shelves.
Moving on she finally spots
a perfect pair for her dress. ]


[ Picking up her step, Amber &
Karie watch as Sascha starts
to run for the shoe.

She reaches the rack & goes to
grab for the box but instead she
slowly tumbles to the floor. ]

AMBER: Oh no.  Are you okay?
SASCHA: No I can't move.  I think
someone tripped me.  

[ Sascha's friends stand hovered
over her as a girl comes up
taking the shoes off the rack. 

She smirks at Sascha before 
taking off. ]



[ Link & Landyn are side by side,
wrapped up underneath the covers.

Landyn looks over with a cheesy
grin on his face. ]

LINK: What?

LANDYN: If you would've told me
ten years ago that we'd meet
and things end up like this, I 
would of thought you we're
crazy.

LINK: But we are right? That's
why they had us locked down
for all those years.  
LANDYN: I don't know.  I never
accepted their explanations
or diagnosis of my situation.

When I was younger I had
an anger issue mixed with
a very hard head and I took
things too far.  I still don't
believe I deserved that type
of a reaction.

LINK: No especially not at 17.
So you tired old man?
LANDYN: What did you say?  I got
your old man, man!

[ Landyn teases as Link rolls arond
on top of him & they sit in silence,
face to face. ]




No comments:

Post a Comment