August 5, 2015

Shifting Chain

SCENE ONE :
A calm evening, inside Hahn's.

[ Syria sits propped up on the sofa
while Hahn talks to her from the
kitchen area. ]

HAHN: I hope you're hungry. I've
been slow cooking this meal
all day.  Just have to wait a
little for the cornbread.
SYRIA: You're serious?  And here
I was expecting something
last minute.  
HAHN: Yes well I've been taking
my notes.  Learning from the
very best.  
SYRIA: I see.  By the way, flat-
tery will get you everywhere.  

[ He smiles at Syria from across
the room as she takes a sip
from her glass of red. 

A little while later, Hahn is
putting down the food while
Syria sits at the table. ]

HAHN: Try it.  I wanna see what
you think.

[ He sits down & Syria taste a
forkful of the meat & vegetable
assortment. ]

SYRIA: Good.  Quite favorful.
HAHN: Thanks.  I played with
the spices a bit.

[ He's stalled by his phone 
going off. ]

HAHN: What man?  I'm eating.

CHARLES: You know how you said
if I needed a place to stay, it's
cool.  Well I really do.

Sandie kicked me out.


SCENE TWO :
Next morning, at Sascha's.

[ Pierre & Sascha are talking over
their light breakfast of buttered 
toast slices and scrambled cheese
eggs. ]

PIERRE: Good news.  I got a text
this morning and the boss wants
me to take a look at the land
we're building on.
SASCHA: That's great.  Hopefully
that means the work will start
soon.

PIERRE: We'll see.  They tend to
take their time at the beginning
stuff.  Just a heads up.

[ Sascha shrugs her shoulder
after putting down her glass
of juice. ]

SASCHA: I should probably
head out.  Have a good day
and don't forget to smile.  

[ Pierre smirks at her instead. ]

PIERRE: Hey, I smile all the
time.    

[ He stands up, meeting Sascha
at the front door.

Sweetly he kisses her & she
leaves. ]


SCENE THREE :
The next morning, TA.

[ Hahn is busy looking over 
figures in his office. 

Glued to the screen he
doesn't notice Jenni walk in. ]

JENNI: I'm just getting in
from lunch but was just letting
you know it pretty chaotic at
the front end.

HAHN: Thanks.  I'll be down
in a few minutes.
JENNI: Something's bothering
you.  What's up?

HAHN: Ever since Charles got
caned meat sales are down
at a staggering rate.  We
can't report them like this.
JENNI: Maybe it's the workers.

Who is over there anyway?

[ Jenni soon notices the time &
heads back to work.  Amber
enters the office. ]

HAHN: I'm glad you're here.
We have a huge problem in
meat.  

[ Amber sits her purse down. ]

AMBER: Okay.  Then go down
there and do something.  

[ She gives Hahn an obvious look. ]


SCENE FOUR :
Downtown, Magic Springs.

[ Pierre parks his car on a side
street & starts walking, looking
around. ]

PIERRE: It should be up here
over to the left a little.

I don't see a lot.

[ He passes by a grassy area to
the right but keeps on walking.

Getting puzzled, he stops to
text his boss. ]

PIERRE: I can't seem to locate
the spot.

[ He waits for a few minutes
until his phone vibrates again. ]

BOSS: It's up over a hill.  Corner
of Maple Ridge and Valley.
PIERRE: I see it now.  Thanks.

[ Getting up the hill now he
sees a construction sign 
laying on the lawn ready to
be placed.

Just feet away are families,
couples, and children enjoying
the sun and various sports activi
-ties. ]

PIERRE: You didn't tell me it was
at an active park.
BOSS: Call me when you leave
and will iron out the last details.

[ Pierre put his phone down,
stunned by his surroundings. ]




[ Hahn walks over to the meat
department. ]

"I'm Hahn, nice to meet you."

RICKY: Hey man.

[ Hahn smiles but he looks down. ]

HAHN: Are you selling a lot?

[ He states a dumb question as
they both watch cart after cart
go by. ]

RICKY: A steak every once in
awhile.  Other than that nada.
HAHN: You know you're allowed
to prepare samples.  Why don't
you try something less popular?

It can be a little challenge.

RICKY: Thanks. I will.
HAHN: No problem.  If you need
anymore help just ask me or
Amber.  And relax some.

[ Ricky sighs as Hahn walks off
a little, still with him in view.

A customer comes up to the
counter. ]

RICKY: Hi.  How can I help?


SCENE SIX :
Inside Pierre's car.

[ He sits nerviously dialing his
boss back. ]

PIERRE: I'm sorry but I'm not
sure this is a good idea.

BOSS: Hello.  I'm offering you
the job of a lifetime and you
want to question our location.
PIERRE: I realize that and I
appreciate it but couldn't
we find somewhere else.

BOSS: You think they haven't
thought of that?  This is the
perfect place for the type
of business.  Anyway either
you are with me or you're
not.

I need you here on Monday
to start the construction.
PIERRE: Monday?

BOSS: Yes the sign will go
up tomorrow morning.

[ Pierre goes silent for a
second until he is brought
back to life by the boss. ]

PIERRE: Okay.  I'll be there.  



No comments:

Post a Comment