November 6, 2015

About My Friends

SCENE ONE :
Overnight shift, The Aisles. 

[ Joh & Weis are watching
Castle Watch feeds in the back
room while chatting. ]

"I thought Ski was getting rid
of all the temps.  Why is she
still here?"

[ Joh stands up & starts pacing
around the room. ]

WEIS: What's the problem?
JOH: Jacki is nosy and runs her
mouth too much.  I made the
mistake of talking to Ski about
my registry situation and she
walked by.  I'm screwed.
WEIS: It's likely she's didn't
even hear you.  Calm down.

[ He sits back at the table
& continues spooning
pudding into his mouth. ]

JOH: I know she did because
ever since then she's been
making little comments.
WEIS: Who cares.  Ignore her
then.  Everyone else knows
the truth.  

Anyway, I have a question for
you.

JOH: Yeah, what's up?

WEIS: Do you think I'm mature
enough to raise a child?
JOH: I mean you have grown
up a lot since I first met 
you. Wait, whose kid?

[ Suddenly Stuu enters the room
& trades places with Weis. ]

STUU: I feel like I was interup-
ting something. What's his deal?

[ Slowly putting it together, Joh 
just looks at Stuu & shrugs his
shoulders. ]


SCENE TWO :
Afternoon, the day before.

[ Jeszyca, Acer, & Hithe
are taking a break while
Karie is sitting by herself.

Her cell rings & she happily
answers it, leaving the room. ]

"So about that game."

[ Hithe attempts to steer the
conversation but Acer isn't
having it.  He rolls his eyes,
before breaking in. ]

ACE: No one cares that she's
moved on.  I don't know why
she finds it necessary to keep
throwing up little signals.
JESZYCA: She was just answer-
ing her phone.  Could've been
anyone.

ACE: Yeah.  You didn't see the
look Karie made though.
HITHE: You agreed to be cool
with her working here three
months ago.  Can't exactly go
back on that now.  
JESZYCA: If it's bothering you
that badly then talk to her
about it.

ACE: I'll try but you know she's
like a brick wall.
JESZYCA: Here's the papers for
your evaluations later on.
ACE: Shit thanks.  I almost
forgot about that.  
JESZYCA: No problem.

[ She looks up, seeing Acer's 
stale expression. ]


SCENE THREE :
Early AM, the next day.

[ Joh is returning from break
& he sees his gossip victim
talking with Tiesun.

As he goes to confront her,
Mark appears in the building
& he walks toward him instead. ]

"Hey, long time no see."

JOH: Glad you're here actually. 
Can we talk in private?

[ Joh looks around before
following Mark upstairs to 
his office. ]

"You've never called me in
here before.  It's kind of
exciting."

[ Mark teases him a little. ]

JOH: I'd laugh but this is serious.
Normally I'd just go to Ski
but I was hoping maybe
you could do it for me.
MARK: I'll see.  What about?
JOH: You know that new girl
Jacki.  She's been saying some.

[ He looks up at Mark. ]

JOH: Discriminatory type things
to me and I want her to be
let go.  


SCENE FOUR :
Back at the Salon.

[ Jeszyca is busy checking in
clients.  Acer walks out of his
office & goes right up to Karie. ]

"You don't have to hide."

KARIE: Hi.  And excuse me?

ACE: You don't have to be all
secretive around here. I can
take a hint.
KARIE: I wasn't.  I just don't
think it's appropriate to
talk about certain things
anymore.  You need to
understand that and mind
your own business.

[ She walks away, carrying her
cleaning supplies to the back.

Acer joins Jeszyca at the desk. ]

JESZYCA: Look, you two should
get it together.  We're too busy
and people are starting to notice.
ACE: I'm sorry. I tried to talk to
her and it backfired.  I don't
know what else to do.
JESZYCA: I suggest you figure 
something out then.  More 
sooner than later please.


SCENE FIVE :

[ End of shift, Joh & Stuu are
waiting for Weis outside. ]

"I can't believe you lied."

JOH: It wasn't a lie exactly.  And
hey we don't need someone
like her messing up our family
vibe.  
STUU: You're slick.  You know
they're actually in there discuss-
ing what to do right now.
JOH: I figured.  So can we talk
about something a little more
serious?

STUU: What' s more serious?
JOH: What are you planning
on doing about the baby?

[ Stuu stands up, caught off
guard. ]

JOH: You know we'd talk.
STUU: It's not that.  I just 
wanna do the right thing
and I'm not sure what
the right thing is.

I'm running out of time to
make a decision.
JOH: Just talk to Weis.  What-
ever you decide, it seems like
he just wants to help.


SCENE SIX :

[ Jeszyca is outside when
Ace comes out after locking
up. ]

"She put in her two week."

JESZYCA: As much as I love
Karie, I think that would
be the best for both of you.

ACE: You're right.  We do
need some time apart.
JESZYCA: Besides the Salon
is getting bigger everyday.
You're going to be plenty
busy.

What are you doing tonight?

ACE: Going home and sitting
in a dark room sounds good.
JESZYCA: I think not.  You're
coming over to watch movies
with us.  Larrie is always say-
ing you never wanna do
anything.  That changes
this weekend.  

ACE: Well yes ma'am.  




( CLICK THE PICTURE FOR A STAND: TRAILER )



No comments:

Post a Comment