January 9, 2012

" Justice ( First 7 ) "


SCENE 1

[ Early morning
there’s a knock
on Mark’s office
door. ]

‘Come in.’

ACE: Hey Mark.
MARK: What’s up?
ACE: Just wanted to
clear up some things
about the Salon
opening.
MARK: Sure. Only
seven days left.
You ready?
ACE: Yup. I hired
some of my girl’s
stylist friends.
New furniture is
coming at one.
MARK: That’s great
ACE: Yeah, I’m pretty
excited.
MARK: So, you worked
out the finance issue
with Jim?
ACE: Not exactly.
That’s actually
what I wanted
to talk to you

[ Mark’s phone rings. ]

MARK: Sorry man.

[ Ace gets up. ]

ACE: It’s cool.
I’ll just tell you
later.

[ Ace leaves. Walking
through the back door
he bumps into someone
coming in ]


SCENE 2

‘What are you
doing here?’

HITHE: The delivery
needs a signature.
And since you’ve
been M.I.A. all
morning they
called me.

ACE: Sorry. I just
got a lot on my
mind right now.
HITHE: Well, you
got my transfer
approved right?
Mark knows I’m
. . .leaving.
ACE: Not quite.

[ They continue
walking. Passing
by Kristyn, she rolls
her eyes at Hithe. ]

‘He makes me
sick.’

MONICA: I know. You
think he told Ace
how he’s getting
the money?
KRISTYN: Doubt it.
Of course Amber
got the promotion.
MONICA: Yeah, I
know. Kyle’s in an
uproar over it.
KRISTYN: He really
thought he had it?
MONICA: Girl, I guess.


SCENE 3

“Everything is
top of the line.
I’m putting you
ahead before we
even open.”

ACE: Wow these
chairs alone must
have cost a fortune.
Are you sure we
can afford this?
HITHE: My man,
Acer. Everything
here is good.
All we need now
is to finagle that
transfer out of
Mark.

ACE: Well, that’s
easier said than
done.
HITHE: Right. I
should probably
leave. Later.

[ Hithe exits the Salon
walking outside onto
the parking lot. ]

‘Hithe! Hold on.’

[ He slowly turns. ]

HITHE: Mark, hey.
MARK: Glad you
stopped by. You’re
the last one on my
list.
HITHE: List?
MARK: Yeah, I’m
throwing Ace a
surprise opening
party tonight
Be here at ten?
HITHE: Uh. . .
sure.
Sounds great!


SCENE 4

[ Meanwhile there’s
a sudden knock on
Markis’ back door. ]

‘Can I help. . .’

[ Tiesun sees Marisa
smiling back at her. ]

TIESUN: What are
you doing here?
MARISA: I need to
talk to Markis. It’s
kind of important.
TIESUN: Oh I’m
sure. Thing is. . .
we don’t just let
any random
person walk up
in here.

MARKIS: Whose
at the door?
TIESUN: See
for yourself.

[ She walks away. ]

MARKIS: Marisa,
right?
To what do I owe
the pleasure?
MARISA: I have
a favor to ask
of you.
MARKIS: Okay?
MARISA: Yes. It
has to do with a
certain ex-friend
of yours.
My ex-boyfriend.
He did us dirty.
And now we need
to execute our
revenge.


SCENE 5

[ Nightshift at
Aisle 6n9. ]

‘Can you believe
there’s a party
going on upstairs
and we’re out here
watching the store?’

STUU: Yay for being
underage, right?
WEIS: Yup.
JOH: Well, I’ve been
assigned up front.

[ He starts walking. ]

JOH: Try not to kill
each other while
I’m gone.


[ Meanwhile upstairs. ]

‘Hey Kristyn, Monica,
Kyle. . .’

[ Kyle rolls his eyes
as Mark walks past
him. ]

MARK: Thanks for
coming everyone.

[ He finishes his
glass of wine as
Amber approaches. ]

MARK: You talked
to Karie, right?
They are coming.
AMBER: Of course.

She’s texting me
when they get
here.


SCENE 6

‘Let me get this
straight. . .’

MARKIS: You want
to hire my boys to
scare Airynn for
you.
MARISA: Oh, not
just scare.
I want him so
terrified that he
begs for our
forgiveness.
.MARKIS: What are
we gonna do
exactly?
Run up on him
and yell boo.

[ He laughs. ]

MARISA: This isn’t
a damn joke.
I’m serious.
Don’t you have
guns or something?
MARKIS: Really?
No, but if you
wanna end this
I have a better
idea.


SCENE 7

‘Did you really need
chips and salsa
this late at night?’

KARIE: You know
me and my cravings.

[ She comes behind
him and puts on
a blindfold. ]

ACE: Hey. You
remember what
happened the
last time I was
like this?

[ She laughs. ]

KARIE: Just
follow me.

[ Leading him up
the stairs they walk
into a dark room
and Karie turns on
the light. . . ]

‘SURPRISE!!!’

[ Ace sees everyone
standing there and
Mark walking toward
him. ]

MARK: When we first
had the idea to open
the Salon, Jim wasn’t
too sure about
hiring you.
But I convinced him.
And now you’re six
days until opening.

Congratulations Ace,
you did it.

[ Mark takes a sip
of wine, handing
Ace a glass. ]

ACE: Listen, Mark.
I have something
to tell you.

[ The party goes silent. ]

ACE: I’m taking Hithe
with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment