January 20, 2012

" Justice ( Last 7 ) "


SCENE 1

‘Excuse me.
You’re
doing what?’

ACE: It was his
money Mark. I
don’t really have
a choice.
MARK: Oh, you
had a choice. And
after everything
I’ve done. Going
behind my back?

SKI: Maybe you
should discuss this
in private.

[ Mark looks up and
everyone pretends
to be talking. ]

MARK: It’s fine.
You guys enjoy
the party.

I’ve had enough.

[ After he leaves. ]

SKI: Sorry about
that. Mark should
never drink.
ACE: I know
but he’s right.
I’ll just have to
find someone
else.

[ He sits down
by Hithe. ]

HITHE: Listen, I’ve
been on Mark’s
bad side before.
I can fix this.


SCENE 2

‘This is Kory,
DeAndre, and
Trae.’

MARISA: Hello boys.

[ Trae steps up. ]

TRAE: Hey sexy.

[ She waves
nerviously. ]

MARKIS: Well, I
have work to
get done.

[ He smirks and
walks downstairs. ]

MARISA: Alright,
listen up. It’s already
12 so we better
get moving. Is
everyone ready?
TRAE: Girl chill
out. We got this.
You just work
on convincing
your boy to
show.
MARISA: Oh,
he’ll show.

That asshole
will never see
this coming.


SCENE 3

[ Ski bolts out
the back door
passing by Weis
and Stuu. ]

WEIS: How’s the
party going?

[ Ski turns around. ]

SKI: Not well.
Have you seen
Mark?
WEIS: Yup, in his
office.
SKI: Thanks.

[ When he leaves. ]

STUU: So, why are
you hiding that we
made up from Joh?
WEIS: I just assumed
you didn’t want
him to know.
STUU: That we ran
into each other on
the bus and walked
around town?
Some big secret.

[ Weis looks puzzled. ]

WEIS: Yeah, that.
STUU: Well, I should
give Joh a break.
See ya.

[ Stuu walks away
shaking his head. ]


SCENE 4

‘Hey loser!’

[ Airynn wakes up
laying on the
couch with a
pillow in his face. ]

AIRYNN: Billy!
I’m gonna beat
your ass.
BILLY: Do it then.

[ He laughs and
sits down. ]

BILLY: Only
lames stay
home alone
on a Saturday
night. Where’s
your homies?

[ Airynn ignores
him. ]

BILLY: Oh wait.
That’s right.
Everyone’s
dumped you.

[ Airynn’s cell
starts to ring. ]

‘Marisa. . .hey.
No, I’m not
busy now.

You wanna
see me? Sure.
On my way.’

AIRYNN: Later
chump.

[ He grabs the
pillow throwing
it at his brother. ]


SCENE 5

[ In Mark’s office. ]

MARK: So, I took
a look at your
upgrades.
HITHE: How did
you get
MARK: Inside?
You forget this
is my store.
Should I ask
how on earth
you can afford
all that?
HITHE: I’ve been
saving. . .for a while.

Anyway, you
should cut Ace
some slack.
He doing the best
he can. It’s more
my fault I guess.
MARK: I’m glad
you’ve realized.
Are you trying
to get fired
again?
HITHE: No. There’s
a reason I’m the
only one in here
braving your
current state.
MARK: What,
enlighten me.

HITHE: Why don’t
I just work in both
places?
I mean, you have
lots of people who
could step up.
I’ll even train them.


SCENE 6

[ Outside at a local
park. ]

MARISA: Ok he
should be over
here any minute.
You know what
to do.
I’ll be in the car.

[ Trae, DeAndre, and
Kory are waiting in
the dark. Suddenly
they hear footsteps
getting closer. ]

‘Marisa?’

[ Airynn sits down
on the park bench.
Getting out his cell
he doesn’t notice
Trae coming up
behind him. ]

‘Hey!’

[ He turns around
and backs up. ]

AIRYNN: Who the
hell are you?
TRAE: A messenger.

[ The bench is flipped
over and Airynn is
staring at a mask.
He tries to get up,
but he’s kicked in
the face. As the other
two hold him down,
he starts to panic. ]

[ They stand him
to face Trae, but
before he can hit
him Airynn falls to
the ground holding
onto his chest. ]

‘This wasn’t part
of the plan.
Let’s go.’

[ Airynn is left
there shaking
on the ground. ]


SCENE 7

[ At the party. ]

AMBER: Well, you
look vibrant and
alive. Even at
almost three in
the morning.
JESZYCA: Thanks,
and congratulation
on your promotion.

[ Amber motions for
Ski to come over. ]

AMBER: So Ace is
about to cut the
ribbon do you think
Mark will show?

[ Ski shrugs. ]

ACE: It’s been a
very long night.
Let’s not prolong
this any longer.

[ He half smiles
and leans down
to cut the ribbon.
Everyone starts to
clap and he walks
away. ]

MARK: Ace.

[ He hands him
a glass of wine. ]

‘What’s this?’

MARK: A peace
offering.
Maybe I was
looking at this
in the wrong way.
ACE: Yeah, and
I should’ve asked
you first.

MARK: Oh well,
let’s toast.

To the better
business!

[ They hit glasses
and Mark smirks. ]

No comments:

Post a Comment