July 1, 2018

Switchin Lanes

The Simon's Basement.

[ Jai joins his brother on the
couch as he's counting out a
stack of cash. ]

"New shoe time.  Already?"

CHAIS: Not today bro. This is for rent.

[ He puts it away, changing the
subject. ]

CHAIS: Since when do you work
on Saturdays anyway?
JAI: Since today.  How's the auto
repair going?

[ Chais just looks at him. ]

CHAIS: I mean.  Have you seen
any business here lately?

[ Jai shakes his head. ]

JAI: Why don't you just come
work for Dad?
CHAIS: Nah.  I'll figure it out.

JAI: Alright. I gotta go. Ride's
here.

[ They hear a car horn. ]

CHAIS: Who is that?
JAI: A'myan. I got him a job.

CHAIS: You got a meth head
a job with kids?
JAI: He's clean now.  We both are.

So stop judging. Later.

[ Minutes go by, Chais is sitting
alone & texting on his phone. ]

CHAIS: They're gone.

Go ahead and bring it.


Local Jail, Magic Springs.

[ Stuu sees his Dad being led
into the room.  Hesistant, he
sits down.  Picking up the phone. ]

STUUsDAD: Can you look at me?

[ Stuu bring his head up. Staring
him eye to eye. ]

STUU: I can't believe you  did this.

And for what, just to get some
attention from us.  An obvious
fail.
STUUsDAD: You wouldn't begin
to understand son.
STUU: Oh come off it.  Change
for once and maybe you get
some different results.

[ Stuu notices the guard's expression
& lowers his voice. ]

STUUsDAD: You mean, like you did.

STUU: My relationship and child
have nothing to do with this.  
STUUsDAD: At least the family you
created won't abandon you like my
real one has.  

[ He attempts to hang up the phone
but Stuu gives him a stern look,
tapping lightly on the glass. ]

STUU: This isn't about that. But of
course your selfish ass isn't even
thinking of the people that were
hurt.  I'm done.

And don't bother calling Mac. He's
not coming.


Back in the basement.

[ Chais walks down the steps, removing
a large sized plastic bag from underneath
his shirt full of plump, light green buds.

He goes in his room, locking the door 
behind him. ]

"Where should I hide this?"

[ Before he can think too long, he hears
a knock on his door. 

Chais throws the bag in the closet. ]

"It's me!"

CHAIS: Damn.  You couldn't of text.
Who let you in?
BILLY: Ski's home.  What's your
problem?

CHAIS: I finally did it.  Look in the
closet.
BILLY: Holy
CHAIS: Yeah.
BILLY: Better not let Ski see any of
that.
CHAIS: I'm not worried. They don't
come down here but I might need
your help.

Getting connects and shit.
BILLY: I knew that you would
one day need my expertise.

CHAIS: You sold for a week and
got caught by the principal.
BILLY: True but at least I got
out of being expelled due to
my "mental problems".

[ They are interrupted by Chais'
cell ringing. ]

"Jenni."

[ He sends her to voicemail. ]


Stuu & Weis' apartment.

[ After a long drive, Stuu returns
home to see baby Mila sleeping
and Tiesun in the living room. ]

"Has Weis been around?"

TIESUN: Nope but sit.  I wanna
hear how everything went 
down.

[ She listens for awhile to him
retelling the conversation. ]

STUU: Ever since he did this. Weis
has been staying out more.  Larrie's
been calling off work.

Ski is worried about him spiraling.
And I don't want my Dad's dumb
decisions to ruin anyone's life.

TIESUN: That's not going to happen.
Those two have plenty of support.
And we're not going to let it.

I'll keep an eye on Larrie.  And
you watch Weis.  

STUU: Okay.

[ She gets up, gathering her stuff. ]

TIESUN: I'm going to head over to
Larrie's now.  A little surprise
visit.

Find your man.

[ She exits out the front door. ]


Near close, the Salon.

"Long day?"

TILA: Something like that.
Ready to head home.

LORENZO: Oh yeah? Think
maybe you're finally ready
to take me up on the double
date offer.
TILA: No.  My man is not really
the double date type.

LORENZO: I see. What type is
this mystery man?

TILA: My type.

[ She gives him an evil look. ]

LORENZO: Well. Can I at least meet
him.

TILA: He's here.

[ They walk outside & Lorenzo is shock
to see a limo parked. A professional
older gentleman gets out, removing
his sun glasses. ]

LORENZO: He must be lost.

[ Lorenzo starts to walk over but
Tila passes him.  Giving the man
a kiss on the cheek, she looks
at Lorenzo before getting into
the car. ]


No comments:

Post a Comment