January 15, 2013

" It's All Me "


SCENE 1: Outside of class, at MSCC.

[ Marisa is standing in a corner near
her classroom. ]

“Hey, you hiding from someone?”

[ Startled, she turns around. ]

MARISA: Oh, hey. What would give
you that idea?

[ She laughs nervously and follows
her friend into class. ]

LORI: You’ve been acting strange
for the past two weeks. What’s
going on?
MARISA: Its nothing.  Have you
seen Airynn around since classes
started?
LORI: No, I haven’t.  Don’t tell me
you like him again.
MARISA: Of course not.  I was just
wondering. 

[ Lori gives her a look and sits down
at the table.  Marisa walks away,
looking down at her phone. ]

“Incoming Text: Airynn”

“Hey, sorry I haven’t gotten ahold of
you in a while.  Something came up
that night and I couldn’t make it to
the park.  We should talk. I’ll meet
you after class.”

[ Marisa sits down with a worried look on her face. ]

LORI: I knew something was wrong. That was
him harassing you, wasn’t it?
MARISA: Listen, Airynn’s not the problem.
I am.  And I have to leave.

[ She grabs her bag and exits. ]


SCENE 2: In the Salon office.

“Morning.  I’m ready to hear all
your fabulous ideas now.”

[ Karie smiles, walking up to Hithe. ]

HITHE: Oh hey. How are the appointments
looking for today?
KARIE: Better, I guess.  We’re set until
late afternoon.
HITHE: That’s good.  I have a plan for the
rest of the day too.

[ Hithe stands and begins walking around the room. ]

HITHE: I’m going out there to speak
with the entering customers.
KARIE: Out where? There’s no one around.
HITHE: Not over here.  In front of TA.

[ He opens the door to the office and steps out. ]

KARIE: Yeah. Well, don’t let Mark find out.
HITHE: Not a problem.  I rule at being sneaky. 


[ Outside of TA, Hithe sees a familiar face
coming toward him. ]

“Mrs. Monroe, you’re looking exquisite
today.  Is that a new dress?”

MRS. MONROE: Why yes it is.
Thank you, Hithe.
HITHE:  You’re very welcome.

[ He winks at her and comes closer. ]

 HITHE: You know what would go well
with that?  A nice trip into our salon.
Some new hair.   A romantic night.

 Surprise your husband, maybe? 


SCENE 3: At Marisa’s apartment.

[ Marisa comes in, shutting the door
and drops her stuff on the ground. ]

“I am truly loosing it!”


[ Picking up her phone she calls the
first person who comes to mind. ]

MARISA: Hey, what are you doing
tonight?

Really, that sounds interesting.
I’m serious.  You dress up for those
right?  I’ll get ready and meet you
around 7:30.
Cool.  See ya soon.


SCENE 4:  Hithe enters the Salon.

KARIE: Well, damn.  You have fun bothering
people all day?
HITHE: Bother my ass.  I got the salon
a whole slew of new clients.

Without even leaving the parking lot.  I’d
say I did an exceptional job. 

[ Turned to Karie, he doesn’t see
Mark walk in behind him. ]

KARIE: Someone came to congratulate you.

[ Hithe turns around fast. ]

MARK: Yeah.  Can I speak to you outside?


SCENE 5: Outside in a quiet parking lot.

[ Marisa gets out of her car in a long,
white dress and waits beside it.  Looking
at her phone, she sees the time change
to 7:30. ]


[ 5 minutes later, a truck pulls up close
and a familiar person walks toward
her. ]

MARISA: Thanks for meeting me.
JOH: No problem.  I’m surprised you
wanted to come out here.

I still remember you and Airynn’s
reaction when you first found out
I was a Witness. 
MARISA: Yeah, sorry about that.
The last thing I wanted was
to make you uncomfortable. 
Or rub anything in.
JOH: I know that and Airynn
was just being himself.
MARISA: You mean, an ass?

[ He laughs and she looks away. ]

MARISA: Sorry. Bad word choice.
JOH: It’s fine. I’m not your dad.
So, why sit through a meeting?

[ She stands up and faces him. ]

MARISA: I’m not sure.  I guess I’ve
just been feeling lost lately.  And I
thought that maybe this could be
what I need. 
JOH: Sure, that makes sense. But
what about this?

[ Joh picks Marisa up and sits her down
on the back on his truck.  Not giving her
a chance to speak, he kisses her until
she soon forgets what she was saying. ]


SCENE 6: In between TA and the Salon.

HITHE: First off, have you taken your meds
today?
MARK: Good one, Hithe.  But as much as
I’d like it to be, this isn’t a reaming.  I actually
wanted to tell you tomorrow will be the last
time we need you to manage the late
afternoon. 
HITHE: Thank god.

[ Hithe looks up to Mark staring at him. ]

HITHE: I mean, it was hard balancing both
places.  You know?
MARK: I know you would rather help with
the Salon.  No hard feelings.  By the looks
of things, Ace could use all the help he
can get. 
HITHE:  No.  The kid was just exhausted.  He’ll
be in tip top shape to return tomorrow. 

[ Marks smirks before walking away. ]

MARK: Whatever you say, man. 

[ He leaves and Karie comes outside. ]

HITHE: He’s so damn cocky.
KARIE: Who, Mark?
HITHE: Yeah, it’s like he has no
trust in me or Ace.  His supposed
best friend.
KARIE:  He’s the store.  We’re the Salon.
Why does his opinion matter?
HITHE: It just bothers me.  I’m gonna
show him though.  And anyone else
who dare doubted us. 

[ He walks away, leaving Karie
in shock. ]

No comments:

Post a Comment