March 19, 2014

Out of Sight


SCENE 1:
Two nights later . . . . .

[ Kyle is sitting at the table
in Monica’s kitchen when
his cell starts to vibrate. ]

[TEXT] ACE: Stay strong.
See you tomorrow.

[ Sighing he puts his phone
down as Monica walks into
the room. ]

MONICA: Hey.
KYLE: Hi.

[ She kisses Kyle on the cheek
before settling down across
from him. ]

MONICA: I don’t want to bother
you with this.  But Marty’s
parents are still wondering
if you are going to help with
the services tomorrow.

[ Kyle looks down, brushing hair
from in front of his face. ]

KYLE:  I know.  I just, can’t talk
to them right now.  I’m sorry.
MONICA: You don’t have to
apologize.  
KYLE: Maybe I should.

[  Kyle stares at Monica, fighting
back his tears. ]

KYLE: I knew he was sick.


And I did nothing about it.


SCENE 2:
Earlier that night, TA.

[ Sascha walks up to bakery
& sees Sandie boxing up
a cake. ]

SASCHA: I see I have perfect
timing.

[ Sandie comes over & places
the box in front of her. ]

SANDIE: All done.  So what time
does your man’s flight get here?
SASCHA: In about an hour.

I have just enough time to
drop this stuff off at home
before heading to the airport.
SANDIE: Good, I know you’re
excited. 
SASCHA: Yeah, he’s been in
France for six months now.

[ Sandie's boyfriend arrives
& walks behind the counter. ]

CHARLES: Ready to go soon?

 SASCHA: Thanks again.

[ She takes the cake & heads
to the store exit.  Before she
can make it out the door. ]

BILLY: Hey Sascha.

[ She jumps in surprise. ]



SCENE 3:
Next morning, outside.

[ Amber, Ace, & Landyn arrive
at Jewel’s Funeral Home
& walk over to Monica. ]

AMBER: Monica, what happened?

[ Monica starts to cry. ]

MONICA: He said he had a
headache at the rehearsal.
That’s all I know.

And now.

[ She reaches for words
as Amber comforts her. ]

LANDYN: Might have been the
flu.

[ Kyle starts to walk toward
them & they stop talking. He
immediately looks down. ]

KYLE: His mom keeps saying
this isn’t happening.  Over
and over.  I feel so bad.

[ Monica grabs his hand

& they all walk inside. ]


SCENE 4:
Inside Sascha’s apartment.

[ Sascha’s boyfriend is sitting
at the table as she puts down
the rest of their meal. ]

PIERRE: It looks incredible.

SASCHA: Thanks.  I can’t
believe you’re finally home.

[ They kiss as she sits down. ]

PIERRE: Me too.  I just wish
it was for more than the
weekend.

I do have some good news
though.
SASCHA: What is it?

PIERRE: I may be able to
transfer back here in the
summer. 
SASCHA: Really? That’s
wonderful.

Let me go close the blinds.

[ Sascha walks to the other
side of the room & gasp when

she reaches the window ]


SCENE 5:
The next night.

[ Kyle & Monica are walking
hand in hand & they enter
MystingSpot Woman's Club. ]

KYLE: For the last time.
Are you sure about this?
MONICA: Yes babe.  Go represent.

[ She smiles at Kyle.  He heads
toward the back while she
finds Amber & Landyn at the
bar. ]

AMBER: You know something.

[ Monica looks up. ]

LANDYN: You’re going to be
a pretty awesome wife.
MONICA: Thanks.
AMBER: Yeah, I don’t know
If I could of done it.
MONICA: Well, Marty was
his best friend and he wanted
to celebrate what he loved
the most.  This place. 

AMBER: I met him once.
At the same party me &
Kyle first met at.

[ Suddenly a voice comes
over the speaker & everyone’s
attention goes toward the
stage. ]

“To celebrate the journey of
our #1 main attraction at our
club, Party Marty.

Here is our former dancer, Kyle
performing some of PM’s best
routines.”

[ The crowd roars as Kyle gets

on stage. ]


SCENE 6:
Back at Sascha’s

[ She comes back inside. ]

SASCHA: It seems like everywhere
I turn today that boy is around.

[ She sighs. ]

PIERRE: What boy?
SASCHA: Just a teenager that
I cut his hair at the Salon.
It’s nothing.  He swears he
was at a friend’s near here.

It’s just a strange coincidence.
PIERRE: Yes perhaps. 
SASCHA: I just want him to
back off a little.  I told him
nicely and I think he
understood.

PIERRE: Good.  But if it happens
again, maybe you should go for
a more permanent solution. 


“Party” Marty Ramos

2013-2014

NEW PREVIEW . . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment