March 12, 2014

In My Way (Part 2)

s p e c i a l

SCENE 1:
Morning at Landyn’s.

[ He rolls over & sees Kyle is
calling him. ]

LANDYN: Hey, did you check
everything out?
KYLE: Yes.  I confronted him.
Everything is fine.
LANDYN: You sure? I mean,
the baggie.  Trust me, I know
what it’s used for. 
KYLE: One thing Marty’s not
good at.  It’s lying to me. 
Last year our experiments
landed him in the hospital.

I doubt he wants a repeat.
LANDYN: Yeah.  You’re right.

KYLE: Anyway, I think you
should go see Weis before
the tux fitting tonight.
Make a move already.
LANDYN: I don’t know.
Our time seems like
ancient history.  I feel
like I was a different
person back then.

Should I really take
the chance?

KYLE: Think of it this
way.  Could you live
with yourself if you
never did?



SCENE 2:
Later that afternoon.

[ Kristyn meets Monica
downtown for lunch &
they pick a table. ]

KRISTYN: So, I started lifting
weights.

[ Monica gives her a look. ]

KRISTYN: What? We should
get the whole wedding
party doing it.
MONICA:  I just need them
to walk in a straight line
not be iron women.

[ She laughs, Kristyn makes
a face at her. ]

KRISTYN: It couldn’t hurt.
MONICA: Not trying to jump
on your exercise buzz but I
think you’re becoming
obsessed. 

KRISTYN: There’s nothing
wrong with wanting to
keep myself in the best
shape I can.
MONICA: Whatever you say.



SCENE 3:
At the Telazon’s house.

[ Airynn’s new friend walks
through their front door. ]

“Where’d you go?”

SCARLET: The store. I told ya.

[ She sits down near Airynn. ]

AIRYNN: Right, I forgot.
SCARLET: I really appreciate
your family letting me stay
here.
AIRYNN: It’s no big deal.

SCARLET: You don’t have to
worry about me running off
again either.
AIRYNN: I know but there’s
something else that’s been
bothering me.
SCARLET: What’s that?

AIRYNN: Your bag I found
with all that money in it.
How did you get it if you
haven’t been working?
SCARLET: I did some things
to get by that I’m not
exactly proud of.
AIRYNN: Okay, like what?

[ Scarlet looks away. ]

SCARLET: Like with other men. 


SCENE 4:
At the Dress store.

[ Monica is waiting for
Kristyn to come out &
reveal her dress. ]

KRISTYN: So, what do
you think?

MONICA: It’s amazing.

[ Kristyn walks out
toward the mirror &
poses. ]

MONICA: Let me get some
pictures.  See what the other
girls think. 

[ She gets out her phone. ]


[ After taking some shots,
Kristyn starts to feel warm.

Feeling her head, she starts
to slump down but Monica
catches her. ]

MONICA: Girl, I told you 
you we’re doing too much.
 
Let me help.

[ She leads Kristyn to a bench
in the store. ]



SCENE 5:
Across from Weis’ place.

[ Landyn parks his car on
the corner & starts to walk
around but is stopped by
voices. ]

WEIS: So, where’s the baby?
TREY: She’s with her mom.
WEIS: Oh, okay. I’m kinda
surprised that you came
by.  It’s been a while.
TREY: I know.  Markis
lives in Cali now.

WEIS: Must be nice. You
wanna come in?

[ They go inside.  Landyn
gets back into his car &
leaves.

A few minutes later, he
texts Kyle. ]

“Bad idea.  See you at
the tux shop.”

Inside the tuxedo place.

KYLE: Sorry man.  I didn’t
think he’d be dating.
LANDYN: Not your fault.
Anyway, we’re going to
be the best dressed
groomsman ever.

[ He smiles at Kyle. ]



SCENE 6:
Inside Monica’s car.

[ She is driving Kristyn home. ]

KRISTYN: Thank you for not
saying it. 
MONICA: You mean, I told you
so.

[ Kristyn sighs. ]

KRISTYN: Yeah, it’s just my life
has become work, kids, work
repeat.
It felt good to be passionate
about something new.

Guess I let myself get too
excited.

MONICA: Yeah, I know what
you mean.
You know it’s been a long
time since you’ve been on
a date.

Maybe, I could set you up.
Kyle has a lot of single
friends.
KRISTYN: Monica!


[ She hits her with her purse. ]


SCENE 7:

[ Landyn & Kyle are walking
up stairs.  Reaching the door,
they knock. ]

KYLE: I know your inside.
I saw your car out here.
Open up.

[ The door swings open as
he knocks harder. ]

KYLE: That’s weird.

[ As they walk in Kyle sits
down & Landyn starts to
go toward the bedroom. ]

KYLE: Ah, he’s probably
passed out drunk. Hall
his ass out here.

[ Kyle waits for a minute
until Landyn comes out
in a panic. ]

LANDYN: Give me your phone.
Quick, I left mine.

[ Kyle stands up. ]

KYLE: Here. What’s going on?

LANDYN: Your friend.  He’s
isn’t breathing!

[ Kyle stands there frozen
as Landyn calls for help. ]



NEW PREVIEW . . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment