May 17, 2013

" Downtown Loud "

Landyn, Larrie

SCENE 1: Open back room, TA.

[ Landyn is sitting down when Kyle peaks
his head in from around the corner. ]

LANDYN: Get in here. Ya freak!

[ Kyle laughs loudly. ]

KYLE: Don’t tell me you guys
finally wrapped today.
LANDYN: Yes! After tons of
treatments, re-takes, and three
grueling months of Mark’s
mouth, we’re done.
Tonight it goes to corporate.

Man, its rough pleasing that
guy!
KYLE: My feelings exactly.

[ Kyle gets behind the camera &
points it at Landyn.  Taking the
DVD out, he replaces it with a
blank one. ]

LANDYN: What are you doing?
KYLE: Wanna shoot something
a lot more interesting?

[ From behind the camera. . . ]

“So Landyn, you got out of rehab
shortly before coming here.  In fact,
you left a couple of weeks early.

With the new pressure’s you’ve
had in the last few months,
tell me, do you ever get the
urge to use again?


SCENE 2: Living room, Jeszyca &
Larrie’s apartment.

[ Larrie is sitting on the couch
when Jeszyca walks over to him
putting her bags down on the
floor. ]

JESZYCA:  Another date night? After
the first two I swear you would
have sworn off women for good.

[ Larrie laughs. ]

LARRIE: So the first one assaulted
me with her purse. And the last
didn’t bother to show.  I still have
some hope left.    
JESZYCA: I see.  Well, you’re braver
than most. Like the way you saved
me from having to face work.
LARRIE: I just asked Ski to move
your vacation.  Thankfully we have
a pretty naive boss.  Could you
imagine if that guy came back?
JESZYCA: I know, right.  Well, I need
to get going.  It’s a three hour drive
to my parents.   
   Have a good time tonight!  I’ll see
you on Sunday.

[ Jeszyca grabs her things & leaves/
Larrie gets up from his seat, checking
his cell phone for the time. ]


[ 15 minutes later a stretch limo pulls
up to Larrie’s building as he’s staring
through the lobby glass.  A dark window
lowers slowly, revealing his date inside. ]


SCENE 3: Meanwhile, in Landyn’s car.

[ Racing towards downtown, Landyn
takes a sudden right and his bag
hits the floor, spilling out DVDs. ]

“Mother ****!!!”

[ Pulling into a space, he grabs a
marked disc and heads toward
the hotel banquet room. ]


[ Inside Mark is standing while
his boss Jim and some other execs
are seated and waiting.  Landyn
hurries in. ]

MARK: There he is!

[ He hands Mark the DVD.   Landyn
shuts off the lights & waits in the
back. His immense excitement turns
when he sees what is on screen. ]

“Do you ever get the urge to use again?”


[ Before he can answer the question
Mark shuts it off.  Excusing themselves,
Landyn follows him to the hall. ]

MARK: I’m not even gonna ask you
what the hell that was.  Just find
the right DVD before we lose
everything.


SCENE 4: Inside the limo, Larrie’s date.

[ Larrie is sipping his champagne
while his older date sits closer to
him. ]

LARRIE: Thanks for picking me up. 
I’ve never been on such a fancy
date.  Hope I don’t do anything
to embarrass you.
CORA: You’re cute.  And don’t
worry about anything dear.
Just be yourself, completely.

[ Larrie smiles, finishing his glass
now, he gazes into Cora’s deep
blue eyes. ]

LARRIE: Where are we headed
exactly?
CORA: Well, if you’re wanting to
know me personally, the best
way really is to see how I live.
I mean, unless you rather go
somewhere more pubic.
LARRIE: No, no.  That works fine
for me.

[ She kisses him quick & pours
him another glass of wine. ]


[ A short while later they arrive
at a three story house.  Cora,
smoothing out her dress, steps
out to meet her assistant. ]

“He’s out cold.  Go and drag
him inside.“


SCENE 5: Outside the Banquet Room. 

[ Mark is pacing back and forth. ]

LANDYN: I got the right one.
Calm down, I’m sure they’re in
there watching it right now.
MARK: Yeah, or maybe they
decided to replay your little
mistake.

What was that anyway?
LANDYN: I don’t know. Kyle
just started filming and I went
with it. 
MARK: Yeah, Kyle.

[ He starts to walk away & before
Mark can get too far, Jim comes
through the doors. ]

  LANDYN: What did they say?
JIM: Well, I have good news
 and maybe not so good news.
MARK: What’s good?

JIM: Everyone loved your commercial.
The TA message shined through and
was better than we originally planned.
MARK: So, what’s the bad?

JIM: The TA experience was golden
but they want Landyn to tell
his story of recovery and how
you helped him get back into
the workforce in your next one.

LANDYN: Excuse me?


SCENE 6: Basement, Cora’s place.

[ Larrie slowly opens his eyes.
In a haze, he first notices he’s
in a dark room.  Coming to a little
more, he tries to move but his
hands & feet are tied together.

Moving around, he can see the
opposite wall & realizes he
is suspended in air. ] 

“Ahhh! Help me!!!”

“HELP!!!”

[ He continues to yell, louder
& longer for minutes, then hours,
but no one answers him. ]


No comments:

Post a Comment