July 3, 2014

Paradise City Part 2 (Premiere)

SCENE 1:
Downtown, Dale’s Bar & Grill.

[ Hahn & Syria are sitting across
from each other, chatting in
a booth. ]

HAHN: So one time in high school,
me and my soccer buds we’re
joking around in the locker room.

[ Syria gives him a strange look. ]

SYRIA: Where is this going?

[ Hahn starts to laugh. ]

HAHN: Nothing like that.  Let me
finish.  Anyway, they dared me to
run through the gym into the girl’s
locker room.
So I did and to my horror I see the
gym teacher.
SYRIA: Oh no.  What was she doing?
HAHN: Strangely enough, showering. 
And just as I started to leave,
she saw me.
SYRIA: Well, damn.
HAHH: I know. I got suspended for
a week.

[ Syria takes a drink of wine as
Hahn spots a familiar face sitting
at  the bar. ]

SYRIA: Something wrong?
HAHN: Depends.  Your ex-husband
and co-worker are drinking at
the bar. 


SCENE 2:
Tokyo, Japan; Deborah’s house.

[ Jenni, Billy, Jai, & Kiilyn are outside
on the balcony talking. ]

JAI: I thought we we’re headed
to that fancy mall. 
JENNI: You mean Ginza?  Me too
but Chais is complaining about
the train ride.  He wants to wait
until your mom can drive us.

JAI: Seriously?  That won’t be
for six or more hours. 
KIILYN: Let’s just leave him.
BILLY: We can’t.  Everyone has
to stay together.
JAI: Them’s the rules.
BILLY: Can’t you do something?

[ They all look at Jenni. ]

JENNI: I’ve been trying all night.
I have no idea what’s even
wrong with him.
JAI: Wait, a second.  What’s the
date?
JENNI: It’s the 3rd.
JAI: It’s the anniversary of his
mom’s death, that’s why.

[ Suddenly Chais comes outside. ]

CHAIS: Everyone ready?  Let’s go.


SCENE 3:
Back at the Bar & Grill.

[ Hahn gets Dyminic’s attention,
smiles, & waves. ]

SYRIA: What are you doing?
Don’t call him over here.

[ Dyminic walks over while Amber
stays at the bar. ]

DYMINIC: Hello Sear, Hahn.  Having
a nice date,  I see.
SYRIA: Yes, we are.  And we’d like to
continue it privately.

[ Syria looks cold at Dyminic. ]

DYMINIC: No problem.  Just being
friendly.  And before you start on
Amber.  She’s just giving me a place
to stay. 
SYRIA: It’s fine.  I’m not bothered.
DYMINIC: Well, good.  Guess I’ll
see you in court then. Later Hahn.
HAHN: Bye.

[ Dyminic leaves their table &
returns to Amber. ]

AMBER: Everything good?
DYMINIC: Yeah, it’s fine.


SCENE 4:
Back overseas, Ginza Mall.

[ Jenni, Chais, & Billy are eating
in the food court. ]

JENNI: So is there anything
anyone needs to talk about.
Billy?  Chais?
BILLY: No, I’m good.

[ Jenni gives him a stern look. ]

CHAIS: Like I told you before.
I’m fine.  It’s just one day.
Stop making a big deal
of it.
BILLY: It is a big deal.

[ Jai & Kiilyn return to the
table, dropping down bags. ]

JENNI: Did you leave anything
there?

[ Jai laughs. ]

JAI: Let me show you what
I got.
CHAIS: You’re such a girl,
man.
JAI: Whatever.  At least I don’t
wear the same thing everyday.

JENNI: Hey.  No arguing. 

[ She moves next to Jai so
she can see his clothes. ]


SCENE 5:
Later at Syria’s house.

[ Hahn is getting ready to
leave. ]

HAHN: I had a great time tonight.
SYRIA: Even with the random
spectacle?
HAHN: Yeah, no worries.

[ He kisses her on the cheek. ]

SYRIA: It’s just, we’re new.

Dyminic wasn’t happy with
the way things ended.  I
don’t want him trying to
get in the way of us.

[ Hahn grabs her hand &
wraps his arm around her. ]

HAHN: Nothing and no one
is ever gonna do that. 
I promise you.

[ Syria’s expression changes
hearing his tone in voice
 as Hahn grabs ahold of
her waist. ]


SCENE 6:
Back at Deb’s; Outside balcony.

[ Chais is sitting alone when
Kiilyn comes outside. ]

KIILYN: Hey man.
CHAIS: Hey.

[ Chais doesn’t hide as
he wipes his eyes. ]

KIILYN: I know what you’re
going through.  My dad died
a few years ago.
CHAIS: Really?
KIILYN: Yes.  And I didn’t get to
know him very well either. 
CHAIS: I just wish I could
completely forget her.
KIILYN: I don’t think you do.
CHAIS: It’s way better than
barely remembering.
KIILYN: Yeah, maybe.
I’m just glad I have my Mom.
And last time I checked.

You have two Dads. 

[ Kiilyn smiles, then walks back
inside to join the others.

Deborah comes out as Chais
gets up. ]

DEBORAH: Just letting you know
that dinners ready. 
CHAIS: Thanks.

[ He looks at Deb & then
hugs her as tears start to
flow down his face. ]


PREVIEW: NEXT WEEK


No comments:

Post a Comment