September 5, 2014

If You're Gone Part 2

SCENE 1:
Chiba, Japan.

[ Jenni’s grandparent’s house. ]

JENNI: So how have you been
feeling?

[ She looks at her grandmother. ]

GMOTHER: I’ve been fine.  Just fine.
What about the two of you?

[ She smiles at Chais. ]

GFATHER: That’s not true.  She had
a bad fall the other day.
JENNI: No wonder you’ve been
sitting so much.
GMOTHER: It’s not that bad. Just
have to take it easy for a couple
weeks.
JENNI: You need help during the
day.
GFATHER: I’ve been staying home
with her.
GMOTHER: But not anymore. We
need you working.  I can manage.

[ She attempts to get up, slowly
& in obvious pain.  Chais walks
toward her. ]

CHAIS: Here, let me help you.

[ Jenni’s grandfather shakes his
head while Jenni looks concerned. ]


SCENE 2:
Morning back home, TA.

[ Hahn is watching from a distance
as Landyn is checking out a long
line of customers.  He waits for
a break to approach him.  ]

HAHN: How does it feel to
have so many fans?

LANDYN: I wouldn’t call it that.
HAHN: Every time you help out
there’s a bigger crowd around
here.
LANDYN: Really?
HAHN: No doubt, man. Anyway
do you have any advice on how
I can get Syria to talk to me?
LANDYN: Sure do.  Don’t be a
stalker.  Give her time to come
to you.

[ Meanwhile, break room. ]

SYRIA: I think I may have jump
to conclusions about Hahn.
What do you think?
KRISTYN: Maybe.

[ Syria gives her a look. ]

KRISTYN: Sorry.  I’m not really
the expert on this.  I suggest
you just talk to him.


SCENE 3:
Overseas, Japan.

[ After a few days, Jenni &
Chais prepare to head back
to their friends in Tokyo. ]

CHAIS: This was fun.  Actually
this whole summer has been
pretty awesome.
JENNI: I know and you didn’t
even want to come.

[ He smiles. ]

CHAIS: Yes, I can be dumb.
But it’s cute and you like it!
JENNI: You wish.

[ She taps him on the nose
& they kiss. ]

CHAIS: Ready to go home
tomorrow? Can’t believe school
starts back in two weeks. 

[ Jenni stays silent. ]

CHAIS: What are you thinking
about so hard?

[ She looks away. ]

JENNI: I think I should stay
here for awhile and help out.
CHAIS: You’re not serious. 


SCENE 4:
At Syria’s house.

[ Hahn enters and shuts the
door behind him. ]

SYRIA: Thanks for coming.

[ They sit down in the living
room. ]

HAHN: I’m sorry about the
other day.  I realize I
got carried away.
SYRIA:  If we don’t trust
each other, this is never
going to last.

[ Hahn looks down. ]

HAHN: And you still want
it to?
SYRIA: I do. 

[ Hahn sighs & Syria kisses
him on the cheek. ]

SYRIA: By the way, one of
our fellow employees has
gotten themselves in a big
mess with Mark.
HAHN: Oh yeah.  Who?


SCENE 5:
Tokyo Airport.

[ Jai & Kiilyn are sitting next
to each other. ]

KIILYN: Those two better hurry
up.  We board in 20 minutes.
JAI: Yeah, I know.  Can’t believe
Jenni’s not coming with us.
KIILYN:  How’s your brother?
JAI: Who knows. 

[ Elsewhere in the Airport, Chais
& Billy are walking back. ]

CHAIS: Jenni said to tell you
have a safe flight.
BILLY: Cool, so are you okay?
You know she’s coming back.
CHAIS: What if she doesn’t
though?
BILLY: She’s not gonna leave
her friends, school, job. Oh,
and then there’s you.
CHAIS: Funny.

[ They arrive with the other two. ]

JAI: Finally.  Our flight is about
to board.
CHAIS: Good. Let’s go.


SCENE 6:
In Mark’s Office.

[ Mark is sitting across
from Charles who looks
worried. ]

MARK: What do you have
to say?
CHARLES: It was a huge mistake.
I’m sorry.  Me and the wife
we’re struggling that week
with bills.  I know that’s not
an excuse.

[ He looks up at Mark. ]

CHARLES: If you have to fire
me, I’ll understand.  Please
don’t tell Sandie why though.

[ Mark stands up & walks to
the other side of the room. ]

MARK: I’m not going to fire you.

CHARLES: Thank you. I really
appreciate it.
MARK: Next time.  Just talk to
me.  Okay?  My door is
always open.

[ Charles stands up to leave. ]

CHARLES: See you Monday?

MARK: See ya Monday.



No comments:

Post a Comment