February 4, 2015

Only Strangers ( Part 2 )


Early, the next afternoon.

[ Tessa arrives at work.  Stepping
up to her bosses door, she hears
her talking & stops. ]

MANAGER: I expected to have more
interest in this assistant position but
only one supervisor has come forth.

[ She puts down her interview list. ]

MONROE: That's strange.  I haven't
seen an announcement or anything.
MANAGER: I'm pretty sure I gave
it to Tessa yesterday to hang.
MONROE: Oh yeah?

[ Monroe starts to smirk while
the boss is turned away. ]

MONROE: What if someone took
it down?
MANAGER: Whoever did that would
be fired.

[ Tessa hears, then goes back to
her desk.  LeeVigh comes over. ]

LEEVIGH: Something wrong? I saw
you standing at the office.
TESSA: I was a little too eager when
I heard about the promotion.
LEEVIGH:  Yeah.  What are you telling
me?
TESSA: There was a sign up sheet
and I didn't put it up.  I was keeping
 it from Monroe.

They were just talking in
the office.  What if she
figures out it was me?
LEEVIGH: You don't think
you'll get fired?


At Pierre & Sascha's.

[ Pierre, Sunshine, & Madeline
are sitting at the kitchen table. ]

SUNSHINE: Thanks for letting us
stay here while Lorenzo is at work.
MADELINE: Yeah. Your girlfriend is
very understanding.

PIERRE: That she is.  If you wouldn't
mind though.  I believe I deserve
more of an explanation now.

SUNSHINE: Alright.  We came here
on a private plane.  To do work
for our bosses company.
PIERRE: That guy that was follow-
ing us.  What type of work?
MADELINE: Manual labor.  
PIERRE: And no one knows 
you're here?

[ They go silent for a minute. ]

SUNSHINE: We we're taken.

[ Madeline starts to cry & Pierre
puts his hand on her's.  His
phone rings & he goes in the
other room. ]

LORENZO: How's it going?
PIERRE: I know I wasn't exactly
pleased when you dropped them
off but I think we might be saving
them.


That night, the Aisles.

[ The nights team are waiting
for their shift to start when
someone familiar is shown
on the TV. ]

JOH: Am I insane or was that
just Airynn on screen?

[ Everyone starts to watch &
Ski walks up closer, cranking
the volume. ]

"What started out as a friendly
demonstration, soon turned
chaotic downtown Mirror
when two men were caught
protesting in the street."

SKI: I can't believe this.
TIESUN: What's gotten into
him?

REPORTER: Why are you
here?
AIRYNN: To prepare our
followers for what's to
come. 

[ Joh burst out in laughter. ]

STUU: It's not funny.
These people have actually
gotten him to beieve this
crap.
LARRIE: Then he's dumber 
than we thought.  

[ Everyone leaves except Stuu
& Ski. ]

STUU: We need to do something.
Airynn obviously needs help.
SKI: I agree.  His brother said
his parents are just treating
this as one of his stunts.

STUU: So it's up to all of us
then?
SKI: If he wont answer our
calls, what else can we really
do?

[ Ski exits the room, leaving
Stuu standing there. ]



Earlier, at Dial Complete.

[ Tessa is nervously cleaning
around her desk area when
Monroe sneaks up beside her. ]

"Hey."

TESSA: I'm a little busy, sorry.

MONROE: I'm aware of what
you did yesterday.
TESSA: What was that?

MONROE: Got rid of the flyer.
Don't worry though.  I convinced
the boss to keep looking.
TESSA: That's good.
MONROE: Yes and now you can
do me a favor.

TESSA: Okay, I'm listening.
MONROE: It's simple really.  Drop
out of the running for the position
and my lips are sealed.
TESSA: Who says she'll believe you?

MONROE: I was here right after the
company started.  She believes
anything I say.
You could take your chances
but I doubt it will come out
in your favor.

[ She walks away. ]


Back at Pierre's.

PIERRE: Lorenzo will be back in
 a few hours.  He's gonna see
what he can do about helping
you out so just relax.
Okay?

[ He smiles at them. ]

PIERRE: Now.  Anyone like movies?

[ Suddenly, there's a loud knock
on the outside door. Startled,
Pierre jumps up & looks out
the window. ]

PIERRE: Weird.  I don't know anyone
who drives a van.

VOICE: Open up!  I know you have
them.
PIERRE: How did he possibly know
where I live?

[ The girls get close together &
Pierre notices the phone on the
table. ]

PIERRE: He must be tracking you.

[ He throws the phone on the
ground & it shatters as the 
knocking gets more intense.

Reaching in his pocket, he goes
to dial the cops. ]

SUNSHINE: Hurry.  He's breaking
in.  


Back at Dial Complete.

[ Tessa is sitting in the break
room when LeeVigh enters. ]

LEEVIGH: Shouldn't you be getting
ready for your interview?
TESSA: No because I cancelled it.
LEEVIGH: Why?

TESSA: Because Monroe knows
the truth and she threatened
to out me.  Besides the job
was meant for her anyway.  
LEEVIGH: Oh well. There will be
other opportunities.
TESSA: Maybe.  

[ She looks down. ]

LEEVIGH: I know it.  And at least
you still have your job. And me.

[ Tessa laughs. ]

TESSA: You're the best part.  
This whole situation has got
me thinking a lot.
LEEVIGH: About what?

TESSA: I can't stay somewhere
where I have no chance to 
advance so I started looking
for something else.
LEEVIGH: If that's what you
want.  I'll stand beside you.


Outside Pierre's.

[ The police are leaving with the
stranger while Pierre meets Lorenzo
outside. ]

LORENZO: What happened, are you
alright?
PIERRE: Yes, everyone is fine.

That guy was tracking them
on their phone.
LORENZO: I can't believe it.
PIERRE: I know.  Good thing the
police believed our story or
else they could have been
taken away.
LORENZO: Thanks man.

PIERRE: No problem.  
LORENZO: See.  We make a
great team.

[ The girls come outside. ]

LORENZO: Ready to go home?
SUNSHINE: Yes.  See you Pierre.
MADELINE: Thanks a lot.

PIERRE: Have fun.  And try not
to get into anymore trouble.

[ They get into the car & leave. ]


No comments:

Post a Comment