May 31, 2013

" 1 Last Shop (Part 1) "

Kyle, Weis
SCENE 1: Kyle enters TA, exhausted
from carts.

[ Standing in the entrance, he takes
out his phone. Looking around, Kyle
quickly checks his voicemail. ]

“Hey, it’s Marty. . .”

[ He sighs in annoyance. ]

“I know we just chilled
but something came up.
Call me laters alright. “

[ Just as Kyle has hung up, his
girlfriend Monica appears. ]

MONCA: Hey, I need you to
take Syria off for her break
in a few.
KYLE: Sure thing babe.

[ He follows Monica inside,
stopping near Syria’s lane.   ]

KYLE: You would think
this place would fall
apart if I weren’t around.
MONICA: Nope, we just need
more baggers.   And if I were
you I wouldn’t act so cocky.

Mark wasn’t too happy when he
found out you left us hanging
two days last week.
KYLE: I had good reason.

[ Monica shakes her head &
walks away from him. ]


SCENE 2: In Trey’s driveway. . .

[ Weis starts toward the side
door but Trey grabs his arm. ]

TREY: Hold up a second.
WEIS: What? I know how you
want me to act around
your friends.  We’ve been
through this.
TREY: It’s not about that.
Markis is here too.

[ They separate, face to face now. ]

WEIS: I use to work with
him.  He’s cool really.  I
could tell him right now
if you want.

[ Trey looks dead into Weis’
eyes. ]

TREY: Does that really sound
like something I’d want you
to do?

[ Trey tries to hold his face but
soon cracks a huge smile. ]


[ Inside the house now, Weis excuses
himself into the bathroom.  Shutting
the door behind him, he immediately sees
a black box sitting in the shower tub.

Curious, he sits down & starts to open
the case.  Seeing the shiny, black gun
Weis drops it in surprise. ]


SCENE 3: An outside Café

[ Ski, Hithe, & Amber are
seated having lunch. ]

SKI: So, you never told
me how your weekend
away went.  Did you get
to relax any?
AMBER: No, not exactly.
I ended up sharing my
room and most of my time
with a guy there.

[ Hithe & Ski both stop eating.
They look at her in shock. ]

AMBER: Long story,
anyway he was nice. We
might meet up again.
HITHE: Well, that’s cool.
You seduce a stranger in
a few days. Meanwhile I’m
single and my partner has
grown to despise me.

SKI: Let me guess, Ace found
about the money.
AMBER: Found out what?
I heard you saved what
you put into the Salon.

[ Amber looks at Hithe, waiting
for an explanation.  Suddenly
Ski’s phone rings, recognizing
the number, he gets up &
quickly leaves the table. ]


SCENE 4: Back at T.A.

[ Kyle finishes checking out
a customer when Monica
comes back. ]

MONICA: Now don’t get
upset, but…
KYLE: Mark wants to see
me in his office, right?

[ She hands Kyle the new
schedule & he looks. ]

KYLE: Is this a joke?
Two of my days were
cut. That’s almost
half my check!
MONICA: I know.  And
I can’t help you.

[ She leaves as Syria
returns from break. ]

SYRIA: Thank you sir.
KYLE: No, thank you.
This store is slowly
driving me insane.
SYRIA: You seem stressed,
what’s going on Kyle?

[ Before he can answer a
customer distracts Syria.

Walking toward the time
clock, he pulls out his phone
& sees a text from Marty.
Kyle shuts off his phone. ]


SCENE 5: Trey’s basement.

[ Weis, Trey, Markis &
DeOndre are sitting around
the table playing cards. ]

“Let me tell you about
the other night. “

MARKIS: Imagine waking
up from a dead, sleep
and right in your face
are two, round, perfect
WEIS: I think we get
the point dude.

[ DeOndre starts to laugh at the
disgusted look on Weis’ face. ]

DEONDRE: Good to know
she’s still easy.
TREY: Oh. You must mean
Michelle.
DEONDRE: Yup. From your
bro to your bro to your
cousin.  She don’t have
no shame.
TREY: Don’t I know.

[ Weis immediately shifts his
look onto Trey disturbed
by what he just heard. ]

TREY: Well, I think these two
are done getting their asses
whipped. Ready to go bro?
WEIS: Sure, I’ll meet you outside.


SCENE 6: At a local gym. . .

[ Kyle enters, changed & ready for
a workout.  Walking toward his
normal bench he sees a familiar
face lifting weights. ]

KYLE: Wow, is this a ghost
or the real Ace Mackie
standing before me?
ACE: Well, hey man.
It’s been awhile.
KYLE: I know, it’s like you
disappeared into the Salon.
ACE: Yeah, or Karie.

[ They both laugh. ]

ACE: I called you earlier.
KYLE: Yeah, I’m avoiding someone.
ACE: I see.  If it’s who I think,
don’t worry about it.  I mean,
I get best friends. . .but damn!

[ Meanwhile at Mark & Ski’s house. ]

CHASE: You’ve been sitting at
that desk for an hour.  Are we
ever gonna leave?
SKI: I told you I’m dealing with a
work problem.  Damn it, where
is your dad?

CHASE: Not here.  Fine, I’ll just
walk to Billy’s then.

[ Before Chase leaves, he notices
Mark’s bedroom door open.  Going
inside, Chase opens the nightstand
grabbing a set of keys. ]


SCENE 7: Trey’s driveway. . .

[ Trey is waiting by the car
when Weis appears all of
a sudden. ]

TREY: Yeah, that didn’t
take long.  I knew you
could’ve waited.

[ He starts to walk on &
instead of Weis getting
in on the other side, he
follows behind Trey. ]

TREY: What’s up? They’ll
be time for sitting on my
lap later on.
WEIS: Oh yeah, is that
what you told that bitch?

You got with her too, right?

[ Trey backs up in surprise. ]

TREY: I’ve done her.  But you knew
the deal, alright?  It’s not like we're
dating or anything.

[ Before Trey can say anymore
Weis removes his hand from
behind his back revealing Trey’s
gun to him.  Holding it in the
air, Weis whips the gun hard
onto Trey’s face & watches
as he falls to the ground. ]

WEIS: Go screw your nasty
girlfriend!

[ He drops the gun down
walking away. . . ]



( Preview Scene June 4th )

No comments:

Post a Comment