September 5, 2015

A Change: Part Two

 SCENE ONE: 
Next Day, Inside the Salon.

[ Lorenzo yawns, following
Karie into the break room. ]

"Out all night again?  I don't
see how you do it."

[ Lorenzo rolls his eyes but
she doesn't see. ]

LORENZO: Yeah.  Pierre's a
bar hopper, what can I say.

[ He peers at Karie & she
beams back at him. ]

LORENZO: You said you didn't
stay at Acer's last night.  So
what happened?
KARIE: Nothing.  I just got
tired of the way he was
acting all day so I went out
to dinner then stayed with
my sister.

LORENZO: You ate out alone?
KARIE: No Sascha came too.
LORENZO: I see.  Sounds fun.

KARIE: Well I have an appoint-
ment coming in soon.  See ya
later.

[ Karie walks out, leaving Lorenzo
shaken by the ease of her de-
ceit.  Sascha later joins him
at the table. ]


 SCENE TWO : 
Later, at The Aisles.

[ A hooded young man is seen
walking slowly through Aisle 9

He comes up behind Brian &
Airynn who are stocking the
shelves. ]

BRIAN: If we're going to a
movie then I'm picking it
out.  You man, have very
horrid taste.

[ Airynn acts surprised by this
while Brian continues. ]

BRIAN: I'm serious. 

[ Brian turns around, now noti-
cing the stranger moving small
boxes into his bag. ]

BRIAN: I wouldn't do that if
I we're you. There's cameras
everywhere.  

[ After being ignored, Brian &
Airynn approach the male. He
starts to run but is stopped
by Airynn, who also strips off
his mask. ]

AIRYNN: Are you serious?

BRIAN: You weren't suppose 
to do that.

[ He looks around. ]

AIRYNN: It's Mark son.  Still
mad cuz you got kicked out
on your ass?
CHAIS: Fuck off dude.
AIRYNN: I thought you would-
've learned from the first time
you got caught here.

[ He pretends he's walking to
the manager's office but instead
turns around, heading to the
break room. ]

BRIAN: I know you have issues
with Mark, but just go home.

It's not worth all this.  And
put the stuff back. 


 SCENE THREE :
Meanwhile, near the Bakery.

[ Charles and Sandie are sitting
in the cafe area. ]

SANDIE: Is this another one of
your games?  I can't believe
Brodie would say something
like that.

CHARLES: Well he did.  That
kid is not the angel you think.
He should stay away from 
here.
SANDIE: Oh. I'm not worried
one bit.

[ Charles looks away from 
her. ]

CHARLES: Maybe you should
be.  The look he gave me
was pure psycho. 
SANDIE: I'm scared, really.  

[ She laughs, ignoring his haste. ]

SANDIE: Listen, I have to get
back to work.  

[ Sandie leaves, & Hahn replaces
her. ]

HAHN: So.  How was your date
with Brodie?

[ Charles buries his head in his
hands, then looks up suddenly. ]

CHARLES: I'm telling you.  He is
up to no good.


    SCENE FOUR : 
Back at the Salon.

[ Lorenzo is talking to
Sascha near her station. ]

"I was home last night."

LORENZO: Yeah that's what
I figured.  I've known Karie
for five years, can't believe
she would lie to my face
like that.

[ He looks frustrated. ]

SASCHA: I don't get it.  She's
acting like a different person.

[ Outside the door, Karie is
shown listening through
 a small opening. ]

LORENZO: Let's just let it go.
If she wants to be devious,
that's her business I guess.

KARIE: That's a good idea.

[ They look stunned to see
her standing in front of them. ]

KARIE: I didn't know this turned
into a place for trashy gossip.
SASCHA: Come on.  We're your
friends.
LORENZO: Why did you lie to
me?  I saw you out last night.

[ Karie stays silent. then states
in an angry manner. ]

KARIE: When it comes to me
and Ace from now on.

Stay out of it!


 SCENE FIVE : 
Class time, inside Bakery.

[ Sandie is setting up when
Brodie arrives, eagar to help
as usual. ]

"I'm fine.  You can just sit
until it starts please."

BRODIE: Alright then.

[ He takes a seat while
Sandie sits down some
pans on the table in front
of him. ]

BRODIE: That's looks great.
What's inside the dough?

[ Sandie smiles. ]

SANDIE: It's a secret.

[ She disappears from view
into the back kitchen area.

After awhile, Brodie jumps
up & takes out a small
bottle from his pocket.

He generously pours the liquid
out, Emptying the bottle
he watches it evaporate
inside the dough. ]

SANDIE: What are you doing?

[ Brodie stands back. ]

BRODIE: Sorry.  I will wait
until class.

[ He sits back down. ]


  SCENE SIX : 
After a long day.

[ Karie arrives home to see
her stuff is packed and wait
-ing for her near the door.

She walks over to Acer who
is watching TV in the living
room with Mark. ]

KARIE: You didn't even have
the decency to do this alone.
ACE: If you want to talk
finally, I'll come out there.

[ In the hallway. ]

KARIE: Nice for you to go off
someone else.
ACE: I didn't have to.  I went
down there myself.  Imagine
what it felt like seeing you
with another man, laughing
and pretending everything
was normal.

KARIE: It's better then being
around someone who holds me
back.
ACER: Oh really.  Says the girl
whose working in my Salon.  
How long did it take you
to cheat?

KARIE: It doesn't matter. What-
ever I say, you've already de-
cided what's reality.  I've been
wasting my time anyway.

[ She walks out, dragging her bags
one-by-one as Acer tries not to
watch. ]



 SCENE SEVEN : 
Class is wrapping up.

[ Sandie is sitting back
as the students are tasting
the bread they just baked.

Brodie walks up to her. ]

BRODIE: Thanks for the tips.

I'll see you next week.  
SANDIE: Alright.  Tell me
what your manager says
about that equipment
when you find out.

BRODIE: Will do.

[ He sneaks away but is only
hiding around the corner. 

Sandie looks up to see the
students bent over, holding
onto their stomachs. ]

SANDIE: Are you guys alright?

[ She recieves a violent answer
when all of the students start
to hurl onto the floor in front
of her. ]

SANDIE: Oh my god.

[ Sandie is too busy assisting
the sick people to notice that
Brodie is taking picture after
picture from his phone. ]

BRODIE: This will be good.  



No comments:

Post a Comment