December 31, 2009

211 ANGELs ON THE MOON

( Twisted&Tragic/#1 )

‘Last night at a local TA grocery store

manager Mark Simon was shot by an

unknown assailant, he remains in critical

condition. . . ‘



[ Ski is sitting in the waiting room,

& stands up, turning up the TV. ]





[ At Monica’s, she is getting her kids ready

& stops suddenly hearing the news… ]



‘This unknown gunman was found later on

dead in a nearby park…it appears he shot

himself shortly after fleeing the scene. . .’



[ Monica looks up stunned, holding her hand

over her mouth. ]



TRAILYN: Mommy, what's wrong?

[ clears her throat ] MONICA: Nothing, sweetie

You two, go get your backpacks so

I can take you to school…OK? [ holding back tears ]

TRAILYN: OK [ she walks off ]



[ Monica sits there, thinking about the

last time she saw her EX & burst into tears. ]





[ At the hospital, Ski is watching Mark

through the window when he feels

a hand on his shoulder. ]



HITHE: Hey. . .



[ Ski turns around, & falls into Hithe’s arms crying. . . ]



HITHE: He’s going to be OK, I know it…

[ they separate ] What did the doctor say?

SKI: Well, he suffered a lot of damage

He had surgery last night and now they're

just waiting.

HITHE: You been here all night?

[ wiping his eyes ] SKI: Yeah, I wanna be here

when he wakes up. . .

[ looks up at him scared ] He’s gonna wake up, right?

HITHE: Yeah, Mark’s a fighter…he’s gonna make it!


You wanna meet your godson?

[ looks surprised ] SKI: What, are you serious?

HITHE: Yeah, come on.





[At The Aisles. . . the few employees that are

there are gathered around. ]



ACE: So, were missing half our staff and

both managers. . .this is great!

AMBER: I know, how is Mark doing?

[looks down ] ACE: He’s still unconscious. . .

But I spoke to Hithe and I’m gonna

be taking over today. . .Where is Monica?

[ walks up ] MONICA: I’m here

ACE: OK good

and one of the guys from the Deli is

coming over to help cashier. . .Uh, [ looks around ]

AMBER: Kyle?

ACE: Yeah, that’s him!

Sorry, I’m still kinda new here. . .

I know, everyone’s sad about what’s going on

Trust me, I’ve known Mark for a long time

But we still gotta try and run the store the

best we can, OK?

AMBER: OK [ looking away ]

MONICA: Yeah

[ comes up ] KYLE: I'm here.

ACE: Alright, well I’m gonna go in

the back. . .let me know if you need anything.

[ walks off ]



AMBER: I can’t believe all of this!

And I feel bad for Ace, you could tell he was down.

KYLE: Yeah, him and Mark came from the same store.

[notices Monica… ] AMBER: Yeah, hold on. . .



[ walks up ] AMBER: You OK?

MONICA: No, I feel like this is all my fault!

AMBER: What?

MONICA: Amber, the guy who shot Mark. . .

That was my ex boyfriend!

AMBER: Oh my god, really?

MONICA: Yeah, and he was here to talk to me. . .

But I wouldn’t talk to him

AMBER: Wow [ looks down ]

You didn’t know he was going

to do this though. . .Did you?

MONICA: I didn’t, but not only that. . .

Now that he’s gone, what do I tell my kids?

Maybe, if I could have just talked to him. . .



[ Amber goes over to her & gives her hug. ]





[ Back at the hospital, Hithe & Ski are

looking through the window. ]



SKI: Aw, he looks just like you. . .

[ smiles ] HITHE: Yeah.

They have him on oxygen right now,

But he’s doing OK.

SKI: I’m so happy for you. . .

How’s Kristyn?

HITHE: She’s fine, just resting

SKI: Oh, OK

HITHE: We talked about it though. . .

and were keeping the baby

SKI: Really, what made

her change her mind?

HITHE: You know what, I don’t know

I’m just glad she did!

SKI: Aw, I think it would be good

for both of you. . .

Well, I better get back to Mark.

HITHE: Yeah, I better go too.



[ Ski starts walking away from him. ]



HITHE: Hey Ski!

[ turns around ] SKI: Yeah?

HITHE: Love you man.

[ surprised ] SKI: Love you too.

Ill talk to you later [ turns & goes ]





[ As Ski gets near Mark’s room he notices

a bouquet of flowers sitting on a table

outside the door, looking up he sees someone

familiar walking away. ]



SKI: Weis?!?



[ Weis turns around for a second &

Ski can tell he’s been crying. . .

he looks at him, then walks away. ]



[ Ski looks at the card on the vase & reads it. ] 



' From the night crew. . .Get

well soon! Love, Weis ‘



[ Back at the store, its getting busy

and Amber goes to find Ace. ]



AMBER: Oh, there you are!

We're really busy up front. . .

[ raises his voice ] ACE: Why didn’t anyone call me?

AMBER: Uh, we did [ backing away ]

[ looks down ] ACE: Oh, I’m sorry. . .

I just have a ton of work to do/


I guess I didn’t pay attention.

AMBER: I know, and it’s OK.

But if you need any help were all here.

ACE: Thanks! I’ll go open a lane for awhile.



[ Back at the hospital, Ski is sitting down

when he sees someone unfamiliar walking

towards him & stopping at Mark’s window. ]



[ stands up ] Hi, I’m Ski. . .



‘Yeah, I know who you are!’



SKI: OK? Well then, who are you?



‘I’m Mark’s wife. . .’



SKI: Oh, you mean. . .EX wife!

MARKsEX: And who are you?

SKI: I’m his. . . friend from work

[ walks up ] MARKsEX: Yeah, you must think I was

born yesterday. . .

So, this is what Mark’s doing now! [ rolls her eyes ]

[ raises his voice ] SKI: What is that suppose to

mean? You don’t know me!  And I

didn’t see your ass here sitting all night

with him!

MARKzEX: No, I was taking care of our kids.

I better not hear of you being alone

with them ever again!

SKI: Excuse me bitch.

You may think you know me, but I’ve

heard about you too and now is a fine

time for you to start acting like a mom!

MARKsEX: Whatever, just stay away from

my kids!



[ She walks away, leaving Ski shocked,

standing there in the hallway. ]





[ Monica & her kids are walking inside

the house. . . ]



MONICA: Hey, you two…sit down!

I have something to tell you. . .

KIILYN: What is it, Mom?

MONICA: Uh, it’s about your Dad. . .

I don’t know exactly how to say this,

but I’m afraid your not going to be

seeing him anymore

KIILYN: What do you mean?

MONICA: He’s gone

TRAILYN: Where did he go?

MONICA: Well, um. . .

Something bad happened [ fighting back tears ]

And well, he’s in a different place now

KIILYN: You mean like grandma?


MONICA: Yes, like grandma.



[ She starts to break down as her kids

come close, hugging onto her. . . ]



(               0616 Edited                )



No comments:

Post a Comment