October 24, 2014

Hard Defense

 SCENE 1:
M.S. High school.

[ Outside the lockeroom,
Kiilyn approaches Chais
& Jai. ]

KIILYN: What’s going on?
JAI: Nothing.  You two ready
for the game tonight?

[ Chais stands up. ]

CHAIS: Yeah, can’t
believe Jenni won’t be
here.  We’re gonna need
all the support we can
get.
KIILYN: Why is that?
JAI: Because no one
cares about the younger
teams.
CHAIS: Exactly.  We’ll be
lucky to get a small crowd
before the big game. 

KIILYN: Oh well.  I know a
way we can attract more
attention.
CHAIS: Yeah, how’s that?
KIILYN: By playing better,
duh.
CHAIS: Have you seen our
team though?

KIILYN: If you do the scoring
and I concentrate on the
blocking.  We’ll win for sure.

[ Chais isn’t yet convinced. ]

KIILYN: Don’t worry.  I got you.


SCENE 2:
Afternoon shift, at TA.

[ Sandie and a fellow bakery
worker are talking in her
office. ]

SANDIE: The results are in.
LEIANN: And?  Don’t leave
me in suspense.

[ Sandie unfolds the paper in
her hand & her expression
changes. ]

SANDIE: We made it
to the top.  Finally.
LEIANN: After three weeks
of coming second to grocery,
I didn’t think we see the day.

[ She states in a sarcastic tone. ]

SANDIE: I knew all our hard
work and extra hours would
pay off eventually.  Now we
just have to keep it up.

LEIANN: We’ll don’t be too
concerned. I think I may
have a valuable idea or
two to push us over for
next time.
SANDIE: Great.  I knew
I hired you for a reason.

[ She smiles. ]


SCENE 3:
Later, at the school.

[ The game is almost over & Chais
is guiding the ball down the field
with Kiilyn close behind him.

Monica, Kyle, Ski, & Mark
are watching from the stands. ]

MARK: Focus on the goal!

[ Just as Chais is about to launch
towards the goal, he is stopped
by an opposing player who
takes control of the ball.

Kiilyn runs up to Chais. ]

CHAIS: Dude, come on.

[ They both take positions to
block the guy coming toward
them.

Just as Kiilyn is about to
steal, he looses balance and
falls, allowing the winning
goal to be scored. ]


SCENE 4:
Back near the Bakery.

[ LeiAnn is walking away
when Charles comes up
to the counter. ]

CHARLES: I wasn’t aware
the master gives out breaks.

[ He smirks, bending across
to kiss Sandie. ]

SANDIE: If they’re lucky.
CHARLES: Oh yeah, and
am I gonna get lucky?
Pleaseeeee.
SANDIE: Quiet you.

[ He starts to laugh. ]

CHARLES: I see you ousted
grocery from their title.
Enjoy your week.
SANDIE: I intend to, but this
isn’t just about that for me. 
CHARLES: What’s it about?
SANDIE: We’re already working
on ways for bakery to be
there every week.
CHARLES: Yeah, well you may
have a chance.  I heard the
other teams aren’t taking it
as seriously.
SANDIE: And that’s why we’re
the best.


SCENE 5:
Outside the school.

[ Kiilyn & Jai are talking
on the sidewalk. ]

KIIILYN: Your bro looked
pissed, man.
JAI: Oh well.  He’ll get over
it.  He’s just never won a
first game before.
KIILYN: I can’t believe I
did that!

[ He stands up, failing his
hands wildly in the air. ]

JAI: Calm down. It was
one mistake.
KIILYN: This is my first year
at high school.  I just wanted
to be taken seriously. 
JAI: You mean like when I
answered every question
in our summer class and
ended up making the
teacher mad?
KIILYN: Oh yeah.  Can you
say hashtag doing the most?

[ They both start to laugh. ]


SCENE 6:
Later that night, TA.

[ Sandie is locking up the
bakery.  Walking now, she
heads toward the back
and into the grocery stock
area.

When suddenly someone
comes up to her side. ]

CHARLES: Babe, you almost
ready to go?

SANDIE: Yeah, I’ll meet you
In the car.

[ When he leaves, she walks
over to an open bag.  Pulling
out scissors, she slowly slices
the top as the contents spill
onto the floor.

Sandie continues demolishing two
more bags before sneakily heading
out the back area. ]


Preview BLOGISODE 5

No comments:

Post a Comment